PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars : Clone Wars

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2006, 04:02 AM
What do you think of the Clone Wars cartoon series? I like it my favorite scene is in season one when Anakin killed the wannabe Sith woman. Anakin kept swinging the Sith Lightsaber like a hammer while the bald woman held up the other red Lightsaber defensively. Images of Qui-Gon, Yoda, and Obi-Wan flashed inside Anakin's mind as he swung the red Lightsaber. Eventually part of the cliff collapsed and the bald woman fell to her death screaming. Anakin stood on top of the cliff he was silent for a moment then he screamed and threw the Sith Lightsaber into the abyss.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 05:41 AM
yeah if you ask me these were better character development-wise than episode 3

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Yep George Lucas didn't explain why Anakin fell to the darkside very well did he? Anakin goes from a well behaved young boy in Episode I to an impudent young man in Episode II very quickly and in Episode III when Padme said "You're a good person don't do this!" Anakin said "I am doing this and I'm doing this for you to protect you." But Anakin can't use Padme as an excuse anymore after that. Because Anakin jumps to conclusions and force chokes Padme when he saw Obi-Wan. And she dies shortly after...But then again there's something else in the Star Wars universe that happens very quickly. When Luke found out that Darth Vader was his father he goes from denial in Episode V to acceptance in Episode VI very quickly. I wish George Lucas would do a cartoon series that takes place in the ten year gap between Episode I and Episode II we might get some more better character development if he did that.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 06:16 AM
let's make a webcomic about it

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2006, 06:36 AM
About what Anakin falling to the darkside and becoming Darth Vader or about Anakin training to become a Jedi after Episode I?

Araciel
09-20-2006, 06:39 AM
both...either? i don't care...i just don't have any artistic talent...i'd be totally into writing for it though

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2006, 06:43 AM
I don't have any artistic talent either...By the way which season of the Clone Wars do you like better season one or season two?

Araciel
09-20-2006, 06:49 AM
hah then we gotta find ourselves a crazy artist...

i would say vol. 1...it had more development between anakin and obiwan

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2006, 07:42 AM
So do you think the Clone Wars is one of the few new age cartoons that's actually good?

Araciel
09-20-2006, 08:22 AM
yeah....of course. there aren't many modern cartoons that are good, but none of them that i know of take themselves seriously like clone wars...there are good funny ones for sure, but nothing that i have seen that seems remotely grown up otherwise

Slade
09-20-2006, 09:16 AM
The Clones Wars were awsome. Way too short though. I personally think they need to make another series which comes between Episode III and IV in the same five minute cartoon style the Clone Wars presented. That would be very cool. Darth Vader would kick ass :cool:

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2006, 05:27 PM
I saw the few Clone Wars episodes that were available for free view on Lucas' site. Those episodes had Yoda knighting Anakin and Grievous' forces invading Coruscant and kidnapping Palpatine. They were quite alright.

Rainecloud
09-20-2006, 05:47 PM
The kids like it, but then again, they will watch anything.

I wasn't impressed by the cartoon at all.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-21-2006, 03:32 AM
Except for Kong : The Animated Series I don't think the children watched that show because it wasn't around for very long. Anyway back to the topic at hand...The only thing I disliked about the Clone Wars was how short, the episodes were in comparison, to other cartoon shows, that are thirty minutes long.

I think the first episode in season one was only about four or five minutes long. The episodes in the Clone Wars were like those tiny local news papers you can get in the mail that are only about ten or fifteen minutes worth of reading.

Araciel
09-21-2006, 07:06 AM
well were they originally for tv or did they get played somewhere else

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Huh what are you talking about?:confused:

Araciel
09-21-2006, 07:56 AM
i mean i don't think they were created to be played on tv, like other half hour shows, though they aired on our equivalent of the cartoon network up here...were they created as shorts to be put on before the movies in theatres or what?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah the episodes were originally created as shorts the cartoonists explain all this and more on the special features of the Volume One Clone Wars DVD.

Araciel
09-21-2006, 08:06 AM
i recorded them off tv with my pvr...hehe back when i had cable so i had no idea

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-21-2006, 08:09 AM
If you decide to buy the Volume 1 Clone Wars DVD you could listen to the Director's commentary track...I can't remember the guy's name but I think he's the same guy who created Dexter's Lab.

Araciel
09-21-2006, 08:11 AM
heh dexter's lab..same artistic style anyway....

i tend not to listen to commentaries on dvds

but yah i might buy them someday my collection needs some new additions

Ryushikaze
09-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Gendy Tartakovsky.

As for Ani's fall to the Dark side, Lucas did have scenes about it in EP3... they just got cut before final release. There's also a lot more in the EU about all of it.