PDA

View Full Version : Water levels suck.

Jowy
09-20-2006, 04:25 AM
It's pretty self explanatory. In practically every game I've played, once they integrate large bodies of water for swimming or walking purposes, it loses any feel of enjoyment and just turns it straight into aggravation.

The exception to this is the Peach-marine or whatever it is that shoots bubbles when you blow into the DS mic. <3

Strider
09-20-2006, 04:44 AM
I concur, especially concerning Negative World.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 05:39 AM
i can't think of many water levels that were more enjoyable than the conventional ones in any game off the top of my head...

so yeah

Zeromus_X
09-20-2006, 05:55 AM
Water Temple= HATE! :nonono: :cat:

LunarWeaver
09-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Water Temple= HATE! :nonono: :cat:

Yes :O_O: I'm never doing that dungeon again.

ValkyrieWing
09-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Don't forget the pre-requisite fire levels. :P

Captain Maxx Power
09-20-2006, 12:03 PM
What about Ecco the Dolphin?

Markus. D
09-20-2006, 12:06 PM
we <3 Katamari had an awesome level that involved the bottom of some kinda fishing hole.

and yeah, I dislike water levels, except for the ones in Donkey Kong 1 and 3.

Spammerman
09-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I like that lake boss battle in RE4. it didnt suck at all.

Madame Adequate
09-20-2006, 12:53 PM
I blame global warming.

PhoenixAsh
09-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I really didn't like the water levels in Donkey Kong Country, they were okay, just in a much less fun way than the main game, and the brilliant mine cart levels.

Tomb Raider on the other hand had some pretty sweet swimming sections, and diving from land to water is fun.

I also thought the addition of swimming and other water related things to the GTA series was cool, it added to the feeling of freedom.

Roto13
09-20-2006, 02:19 PM
There are fun water levels in some games...

Super Mario Sunshine... :P

Znake
09-20-2006, 06:48 PM
and yeah, I dislike water levels, except for the ones in Donkey Kong 1 and 3.The Water Lv in 3, Is that the one where the fish follows you around snaping at you? That's the reason I sold my DK3, I could never get past that part.

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Water sucks in Soul Reaver.

Rainecloud
09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
A few thoughts on games/levels containing water:

Zelda: Wind Waker + water - effin' awful. The sailing sections in-between islands completely ruined the game for me, and by the end of the Triforce hunt, I was literally tearing my hair out at the roots. A sure-fire classic ruined by the presence of far too much water.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Water Temple - very inventive. I enjoyed this temple, and still enjoy it to this very day. Everyone else I've spoken to detests this particular dungeon, but it has a soft spot in my heart. Why? The puzzles were logical and challenging, and I felt a great sense of achievement when I finally solved them. I've memorized every key, chest and Skulltula location in the Water Temple, so it doesn't concern me when I re-play Ocarina of Time.

Super Mario 64 - rubbish. I hated swimming in the moat of the castle, I detested the Jolly Roger Bay, I despised the Dire Dire Docks, and I seethed with anger during my trials in Wet-Dry World. Whoever designed those particular levels needs to be shot through the face with a condensed suppository.

I could go on. Alas, I'm too tired.

Clouded Sky
09-20-2006, 08:03 PM
I actually had this discussion a couple nights ago.

I believe it stemmed from Sonic 2 and the Aquatic Run Zone.
I hate that place.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I like the Water Temple, despite the number of times I've restarted Ocarina of Time because I thought I had gotten myself stuck (when in actuality, I wasn't).

However, some water levels (like Wet-Dry World in Super Mario 64, World 2-1 in Super Mario Bros., and others) make me want to fling my controller at the television screen. I also hate it when your character can't swim despite the fact that they should be able to swim.

Mirage
09-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I really don't have a problem with them, especially not in DK. The water levels in those games were so pretty~

Tavrobel
09-20-2006, 08:24 PM
There are fun water levels in some games...

Super Mario Sunshine... :P

Lost City, please.

Seems like lost cities of old are also included in almost every game playable.

Madonna
09-20-2006, 08:38 PM
I tend to like free-roaming games that incorporate water, where you have to get an item in order to travel past or into the water, like Link to the Past or [Wonder Boy in Monster World] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Boy_in_Monster_World)

While not in love with any other water experiences from other games, I really do not mind them.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 08:41 PM
I tend to like free-roaming games that incorporate water, where you have to get an item in order to travel past or into the water, like Link to the Past or [Wonder Boy in Monster World] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Boy_in_Monster_World)

While not in love with any other water experiences from other games, I really do not mind them.

good god!! you know about wonder boy!!! awesome simply awesome...i used to own WB in monster land for my master system