PDA

View Full Version : zanmato , possibly

loughi69
09-20-2006, 10:13 AM
what are the odds of using zanmato plz people let me no, for me it was 200,000 gil , once every 3 offers:p

CodeVeroby
09-20-2006, 10:45 AM
what are the odds of using zanmato plz people let me no, for me it was 200,000 gil , once every 3 offers:p

use him only with yunas grand summon (her overdrive) and you will
have twice the chances of using zanmato now just give him 16,400
and 9 times out of ten he will use zanmato even on bosses(if you choose the third option when first talking to him (to destroy enemies or somthing like that) and if you didnt give him around
70,000 gill)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-20-2006, 01:20 PM
it depends on a variety of things. if u give him at least half of all ur money it will be greatly increased. to improve ur relationship with him summon him and never give him zero gil. if he uses any move other than daigoro it will increase ur relationship with him, whereas daigoro wil reduce it. just spend a while summoning and using him and if he uses daigoro do a soft reset and repeat

Sefie1999AD
09-21-2006, 05:50 PM
I never even bother giving him a lot of gil. I've always given him only 1 gil, and I've still seen him use Zanmato.

Dynast-Kid
09-26-2006, 04:28 AM
Like d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x said:It depends on a variety of things.

-How many times you summon him...

-How much Gil you pay him...

-What answer you choose to the question his fayth asks...

-What attacks he used last time...

-How much Gil ypu payed to recruit him...

I'm not sure how to get Zanmato,'cause I don't even waste my time fooling around with it.

Just check GameFAQs.

The Mog Ninja
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I dunno bout u guys, but every single time i ever paid 10000gil, he used zanmato.

CodeVeroby
10-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Like d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x said:It depends on a variety of things.

-How many times you summon him... A little factor

-How much Gil you pay him... The more the better

-What answer you choose to the question his fayth asks. Pick the third

-What attacks he used last time... Each zanmato will increace youre relationship with him which means less money every time for zanmato and a little more damage to opponents by him

-How much Gil ypu payed to recruit him... Ofer him half of what he asks at the moment +1 every time for about 3-4 times and if youre lucky he will cut the price by abit ,if you give him 3 Times of what he wants at the moment you will also get 2 teleport spheres

I'm not sure how to get Zanmato,'cause I don't even waste my time fooling around with it. The harder the monster/Monsters (AKA :bosses) the more money he will want for zanmato

Just check GameFAQs.

rubah
10-23-2006, 11:59 PM
What's more important is if you're playing the PAL version or not.

If you're playing the North American or Japanese versions, you're going ot have a much harder time to get him to use zanmoto. Else, you can get it incredibly cheap.

SoupForInsanity
10-24-2006, 05:03 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but even if I offer him 200 gil he's done zanmato even against bosses. Quite often. I used to give him a lot of money, but with each playthrough I realize that it really doesn't take that much for him to pull off some nice attacks. Or I'm lucky. I never really go above 1,000 gil. He does just fine without it:)

farplaner
10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but even if I offer him 200 gil he's done zanmato even against bosses. Quite often. I used to give him a lot of money, but with each playthrough I realize that it really doesn't take that much for him to pull off some nice attacks. Or I'm lucky. I never really go above 1,000 gil. He does just fine without it:)

So are you playing the PAL version?

SoupForInsanity
10-24-2006, 08:05 AM
nope. Japanese. But then again, I might just get lucky. and since I'm not actually looking for it, it probably seems to pop up more than it really does.

Vivisteiner
10-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Ive got the PAL version, and Zanmato is a really easy thing to get. Against bosses, I pay 124000 and it kills them practically every time.

Even with low levels of money he still uses Zanmato.

Nifleheim7
10-24-2006, 10:02 AM
In the PAL version when i use grand summon on him,there's 99% chance he will use zanmato.

Crossblades
10-24-2006, 02:28 PM
I pay him about 5000 and 80% of the time he uses Zanmato

James16
10-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I jus do what someone posted earlier( i forgot who), i jus give him one gill an he varys the attacks he does. Iven given him 2 gill sumtimes an he does the waskishi(or whatever the hell it is) an it does a crap load of damage. Or he does zanmato which kills anything in one hit.(thnx to aurons 'special weapon' :D )

HolYuna
10-24-2006, 06:12 PM
One time I gave him like.. 1 gil. He done Zanmato.. he done it 5 times, [5 battles] in a row. All I gave him was 1 gil. [2 of the battles he done it on the summon, no gil required]

[Then again, that was around the time Yojimbo was summoned every battle.. then I got Magus Sisters and Anima.. Heh..]

Nominus Experse
10-25-2006, 09:15 AM
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_yojimbo_a.txt

That will give you all and everything in concerns to Yojimbo and Zanmato.