PDA

View Full Version : A FFIII Import review

ljkkjlcm9
09-20-2006, 11:40 AM
http://www.planetgamecube.com/reviewArt.cfm?artid=12119

go ahead and read it, but all I can do is laugh at the man. I'm glad the game is difficult, and it sounds like it hasn't changed much from it's original version. Most fans, like me, think the newer games are far too easy, so a difficult game will be more fun. I honestly don't know what this guy was expecting. It's an old NES game just slightly updated, and he expected it to be like games nowadays. Saying the gameplay is outdated is just pure stupidity. Sadly most people will probably look at this game as he did, and not realize this is an NES classic, with mostly just graphical upgrades, keeping the true heart of the game.

so read it, and join me in laughing at this man.

THE JACKEL

Elpizo
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Am I allowed to hit that guy?
He doesn't even recognize a masterpiece of the Final fantasy series when he's looking at it. Oh, and he sucks at RPG's, too, if he finds this game hard. It was more difficult than the newer ones, yes, but that adds to the challenge and gives beating the game a much better feeling.

Seeign as how he rated the graphics high, I guess he's kinda a graphics whore.

Man man man, I guess the only thing we can do is laugh. Ridiculous difficulty, XD. Like I said, he sucks at palying RPG's if he finds this Final Fanatsy difficult. It was harder yeah...

And dated gamepaly, XD. And the newer Final Fanatsies are any different? Oh sure, linear gameplay, characters that can all be developped the same, blah blah blah...

Man, that dude just fails, what more can I say?

Crossblades
09-20-2006, 02:41 PM
He's obviously a FF VII fanboy >_>

The Infinite Telomerase
09-20-2006, 03:14 PM
If a game is marketed and sold at the same price as new games, it should play like a new game. Authenticity or nostalgia aren't excuses for flawed battle mechanics. The guy has every right to complain about the gameplay if it really is terrible.

This review doesn’t surprise me; similar reviews of FFIV: Advance were penned when it was released last year. Ultimately his ‘for die hard fans only’ conclusion was more or less what I was expecting from this game.

Bahamut2000X
09-20-2006, 03:22 PM
I seriously question if this guy played any game BEFORE the next gen stuff came out. He's obviously never played or seen the original game then, seeing how bad he bashes it.

The game didn't need a spectacular plot or deep characters, it was just a good game with the little amount they could fit on the NES for the time, and worked out very well. Was my favorite of the NES generation games.

If that guy wants hard he should play FFII NES, no cheats and no emulator saves. Now THAT's a hard and annoying game to play.

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Well, it's his opinion, let him have it. I have to admit, though, I don't see how FFIII's gameplay is that outdated, especially when FFX-2 uses a very similar system that worked wonders, IMHO. It was also weird how he was ranting about the difficulty for two long paragraphs.

Znake
09-20-2006, 07:22 PM
He's worse than Chi Phan.

If the boss battles are tough, that's a good thing IMO. One of the problems in FFI, II, V + VI was how easy the bosses were.

aerithsloveslave
09-20-2006, 07:39 PM
I must say that I actually believe that it is a little tougher than the original. At least the beginning is. You have to fight the turtle boss with only one character vs four in the original. Leveling up a lot is a must. I'm still loving it, though! :cool:

Evastio
09-21-2006, 12:57 AM
I don't want to read what you linked us to now that I heard that that guy hates FFIII. (Pulls out Chainsaw and starts chasing down that guy)

Sunny Day Suicide
09-21-2006, 01:26 AM
He's obviously a FF VII fanboy >_>

Haha! Lol. Good one.

Zeromus_X
09-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Everyone has their opinions, mentally inefficient or not.

Anyway, some picky jerk's review isn't going to stop me from enjoying a reborn masterpiece.

LunarWeaver
09-21-2006, 02:13 AM
Yes, if he hates this remake it must be FFVII's fault. All woes in this world are FFVII's fault, naturally.

I don't really blame him, actually. I haven't shown much interest in this game because it looks like the same ol' same ol'. Yes, I know it's a remake so I should expect that, and expecting that is exactly why I don't give it much attention. It gets wiggle room for being a remake of a very old game, but if this were a new title coming out today it would be completely inferior by today's standards :cat: And if this were a new title without the Final Fantasy name it would get no attention whatsoever. That may be an unfair way to judge a remake, but I've been down this RPG road before and I don't see why I should take it again.

Then again, I haven't played it for myself yet so such assumptions could always be completely wrong :jess:

If you'd all like a much more positive import review you can give Gamebrink's review (http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/1615-Final_Fantasy_III-reviews.html) a shot as they gave it an 88/100.

Lexy
09-21-2006, 04:27 AM
That guy is dumb. This game is incredible. I seriously think it will be huge in the West, as it definitely can stand on its own as a superior rpg for a handheld.
It's not very hard. I would like it to be harder, but it is easier than the nes version from what I have seen so far (about 18 hours into it).
The battle system is great. His dumb complaints are looked upon as fun challenges by anyone who actually enjoys playing FF's and similar games, and who doesn't just rush through trying to beat them as fast as possible.
And to bitch about the writing being poor...give me a break. He sounds like a Japan snob to me. The writing is great. I never played the Japanese original, but from the translated rom I played a few times, I would guess that most of the text is right from the nes version, unchanged. Aside from the stuff they added to the ds version of course.
I just can't wait for this game to come out to the rest of the world- I think people are going to really really like it. Oh, and it does NOT feel dated. It looks amazing (I was very dubious about the graphics but was very pleasantly suprised), the gameplay is pure fun...its just the perfect game. Those who are waiting for the English language version should be pissing themselves with excitement.

Sefie1999AD
09-21-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm actually surprised that most of the FFIII reviews I've seen so far have been quite positive. I've mostly seen game reviewing sites give FF remakes pretty low ratings.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Tell you the truth, Lunar Weaver's kind of right. Besides, I personally don't think it'll be that great. Remakes never top the original. And this was to much of a remake. I hear now there's actually a story with actual characters. I loved FFIII's simplicity but now it's a little dumb.

Zeromus_X
09-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Okay, they remade Final Fantasy III, sharing it with the entire world, hanheld, in full three-dimensional graphics, with characters with personalities, with a tuned-up job system, enhanced sound quality, while still maintaining the charm of the original, and you think the game will actually be bad? How on earth can you possibly complain about this? This is the greatest thing SE has done in awhile, this tops even remaking the SNES FFs on the GBA. I just don't understand how anyone can actually show any other emotion than anticipation and glee at this point.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-22-2006, 03:05 AM
Oh I will agree that it will be the best thing SE's done but I never said it was bad. Just might top to the original.

Raebus
09-22-2006, 12:27 PM
As long it's a good game, I couldnt less about it topping the original. :)

The Infinite Telomerase
09-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Okay, they remade Final Fantasy III, sharing it with the entire world, hanheld, in full three-dimensional graphics, with characters with personalities, with a tuned-up job system, enhanced sound quality, while still maintaining the charm of the original, and you think the game will actually be bad? How on earth can you possibly complain about this? This is the greatest thing SE has done in awhile, this tops even remaking the SNES FFs on the GBA. I just don't understand how anyone can actually show any other emotion than anticipation and glee at this point.
For anyone who isn't that great a FF fan (ie the reviewer presumably) most of those points are pretty much moot. Even though its an upgraded version of a classic game, if it comes up short in comparison to other recent RPGs then it's going to be rated accordingly.

Sefie1999AD
09-22-2006, 10:28 PM
I think FFIII DS is definitely a game for the fans of Final Fantasy. It probably doesn't appeal that much to other gamers. I hope it will turn out enjoyable, though I'm also a bit worried that I'm having too high expectations for the game and that it will disappoint me because of that.

Angi-Kaiser
09-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah, but compared to some handheld RPGs (especially the DS ones), it is above average.

Markus. D
10-18-2006, 08:47 AM
lol hurricane.

edit: though... I kinda dont see whats wrong with what he said (apart from saying its mediocre...)

6.5 isnt bad, its not in the middle, its a positive score :)

edit edit: Im really sorry if I bumped this x_x... It didnt come mind, I actually never noticed it, I was browsing through a banned members usernotes. sorry :[

Paul
10-18-2006, 09:41 AM
edit edit: Im really sorry if I bumped this x_x... It didnt come mind, I actually never noticed it, I was browsing through a banned members usernotes. sorry :[
i felt like i should quote this to bring attention to its ridiculousness

~SapphireStar~
10-18-2006, 12:11 PM
What a silly, silly little man. Games too hard, oh boohoo. Go play flipping Spyro then and stop making reviews!