PDA

View Full Version : When peeps go changin' they usernames, knaamean?

The Devil Man
09-20-2006, 12:07 PM
This Thread is so blatantly inspired by the amazing Devil Man's 'When people change their Avatars' thread. Way to go Devil Man, you handsome, dazzling, amazing and v-e-r-y sexy guy you! :love:

So, like, yeah! What do you think when people go changin' their Usernames? Don't ya just hate it? Or do you not mind? Does it confuse the heck outta ya? Do you think the Admins are just too polite and sweet and should stop such a nefarious (<--- I think I spelt that word right) deed?

What doooooooo you think? :spin:

Polaris
09-20-2006, 12:16 PM
:) Poor admins, I had a forum and I was the only person who would change my username thank God no one ever requested it! :D But I don't mind! It's other ppl decision ;)

Meat Puppet
09-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I'd only not be bothered by a user name name change if I wasn't familiar with the member or the new user name is several leaps better than the last. All other user name changes annoy me.

Mo-Nercy
09-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Well, you're not allowed to do it that often so if the name is a bit tough to adjust to, at least we have plenty of time to do so.

The two times I changed my name have been subtle enough for people to still know who I was, so I don't think I've burdened anyone too much.

Flying Mullet
09-20-2006, 12:26 PM
If you don't support the changing of usernames then you support the terrorists!

~SapphireStar~
09-20-2006, 12:27 PM
It does bug me alittle. Specially when their on my buddys list and Im like "Who are you?!"

Madame Adequate
09-20-2006, 12:46 PM
It's not nearly as complicated as changing your name for realies.

But it does get confusing.

theundeadhero
09-20-2006, 01:05 PM
I enjoy it when the staff choose to change the username of the member.

Giga Guess
09-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Their choice, not mine. And as mentioned, sometimes, the new name is better.

bipper
09-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I enjoy it when the staff choose to change the username of the member.

Drone of Travis was a class act.

Del Snizz
09-20-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't come around much these days, but I think it would be far less annoying if, instead of asking an administrator in a single private message, people simply insisted in every thread, regardless of the topic, that everyone should start calling them by a new name. That's a far better system in my mind.

Roto13
09-20-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't think anyone cared when I changed from "roto13" to "roto13-ness". Though I kind of wish I hadn't. :P Two more months or something.

Again, Her Majesty's Agent Umaro was a great change.

bipper
09-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I am thinking of capitalising the "b" in my name. Lowercase suits me better though; at least on the first name.

Christmas
09-20-2006, 03:38 PM
This (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=14585) is a typical example of a bad name change.

bipper
09-20-2006, 03:42 PM
so is THIS (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=15004)!

Unknowns was a badass name. Unknowns HATE! yeah... that's right.

Cz
09-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I couldn't care less if people want to change their name, since I can just use the Formerly field to track the change. Sometimes people might change their name for the worse, but if they want a stupid name then that's no business of mine.

Resha
09-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, you're not allowed to do it that often so if the name is a bit tough to adjust to, at least we have plenty of time to do so.

The two times I changed my name have been subtle enough for people to still know who I was, so I don't think I've burdened anyone too much.

Man, that CUBED thing was class. I can't believe you got rid of it. :( I cry over it every night. Every cubed-less day you spend makes me die a little inside.

sephirothishere
09-20-2006, 04:10 PM
if i changed my name without tellin anybody....it would be awful...everybody would be like tryin to be my friends....gives me the shivers....it kinda pisses me off sometimes but lots of the time i dont even notice....

kikimm
09-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I don't like them. Unless you went from like yunagirlladyfriend109 to something not having to do with Final Fantasy. The new name usualyl shows a bit more personality which is nice.

Otherwise yeah I find them annoying. And most people still call them by their old name anyway so razzle frazzle.

Madame Adequate
09-20-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't like them. Unless you went from like yunagirlladyfriend109 to something not having to do with Final Fantasy. The new name usualyl shows a bit more personality which is nice.

So you heartily approve of RikkuYuna89's change to notan00b?

Christmas
09-20-2006, 04:41 PM

CHANGE IT TO RIKKUYUNA69. :bigsmile:

Levian
09-20-2006, 04:42 PM
This is just my opinion, nothing else:

Roostos -> Denmark = Good
chadmonkey -> Flying Mullet = Good
Flying Mullet -> Bantam = Bad
Kyono -> DK = Bad
Miriel -> Palindroma = Bad
Rikkuyuna89 -> Rye = Good
Chris -> Mandinka = Bad
eestlinc -> Tsunami Bren = Bad
StriderNUMBERS -> Strider = Good
Strider -> El Mariachi = Bad
Kuja Trance -> Heath = Good
TsukasaIV -> Bert = Good
jebusabsolute -> Jebus = Good
roto 13 - roto13-ness = Bad
yuna_elena -> Shauna = Good
Something weird -> Spiffing Cheese = Good
Akumaou812 -> Joel = Good
princeofdarknez -> Neel = Good
Bladen -> Shoden = Same
King Bahamut -> Kirobaito = Good, I think.
Squinn -> Brian The Pink Shark = BAD :mad2:
Ryukishi -> Lindz = Hmm, Good?
Czanthor -> Cz = It's been growing on me

Is that a distraction? Boy, I think it is! Better quit typing.

Peegee
09-20-2006, 04:42 PM
It makes sense if you change it to another nick name, but I've done wholly modified nickname changes.

Somethingawful has a screenshot of 'moo moo the ner cow'. Now I curse myself for not having 'Pureghetto' or 'Peegee' so I can show my friends.

Levian
09-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Pureghetto -> Moo Moo the Ner Cow = Bad.

kikimm
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM

That's actually got some style. Some pizzazz.

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2006, 05:03 PM
it depends. i would never change my screen name. even though red dwarf isn't my favourite thing, it suits me and it would confuse people if i changed it. changed sigs isn't too bad but it really depends with usernames.

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2006, 05:23 PM
If the new nick is totally different from the former nick and that user even changes his/her avatar, I'll have a hard time recognizing that forumer. For example, imagine if Christmas suddenly had a Squall avatar and she renamed herself to "Halloween". :p Name changes can sometimes be a good thing, but they're confusing quite often.

Madame Adequate
09-20-2006, 05:37 PM

CHANGE IT TO RIKKUYUNA69. :bigsmile:

See, it's things like this that make me :jess: you. :jess:

-N-
09-20-2006, 05:40 PM
I can't believe I read levlev's whole list. Yay! I made a good decision. Except my username was never 'Neel'. :D

RPJesus
09-20-2006, 05:49 PM

:p I couldn't be sure, but Brian just doesn't have as many adorable options, like Squinnykins. Not nearly enough people's names can be ended in 'ykins'. Pourquois...

Name changes kind of annoy me, unless, like been saidlled, it's from a crappy name to a better one. A lot of people just can't stick to a name, yet still can't seem to find something even vaguely original (they go through a hundred names that all end in different numbers?). But it's their choice, I guess. They're all just searching for their own place of awesomeness. And I say God speed on their journey.

Rainecloud
09-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes; I hate it when people change their usernames.

Hate it.

Agent Proto
09-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Agent Proto -> Anything = Bad

I'm not allowed to ever change my name again.

Old Manus
09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
I think all usernames when registering should be a randomised FF name from now on.

Rainecloud
09-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Agent Proto -> Anything = Bad

I'm not allowed to ever change my name again.

See to it that you don't, Preton. *snigger*

Feel free to throw a username-related insult back my way.

theundeadhero
09-20-2006, 06:15 PM
I got yelled at by at least six-hundred members when my name changed to theundeadmonkey, and then laughed at when <i>some admin</i> changed my name to theundeadturkey because of a thread I made in feedback.

Owen Macwere
09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I am thinking of changing my name to Becky. :bigsmile:
But I love Owen Macwere so much. :love:

Miriel
09-20-2006, 07:25 PM

That name change doesn't count cause it was just for the whole elections Justice League thingy. So I say BAD to you!

Elite Lord Sigma
09-20-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm sure I pissed a lot of people off when I changed my user name from Elite Lord Sigma.

Does anybody have an opinion on my name change?

Araciel
09-20-2006, 08:21 PM
what? you can DO that...i wouldn't but if anyone else does, no big deal

theundeadhero
09-20-2006, 08:23 PM
I like the name Meta-Knight.

bipper
09-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm sure I pissed a lot of people off when I changed my user name from Elite Lord Sigma.

Does anybody have an opinion on my name change?

Elite what? I guess I ddin't care. Your current one is better imo.

Madonna
09-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Hey Jealousy.

scrumpleberry
09-20-2006, 08:29 PM
I hate it. I would never change my username. I mean, I agree that ones like yuna_elena to Shauna are good, but aside from that, nahh.

Hi Becky. :D

Owen Macwere
09-20-2006, 08:38 PM

Hi, Scrumy. :D

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-20-2006, 08:41 PM
good poll Devil Man.... or should i say.... DELLAS18!!!!!!!!!!

bipper
09-20-2006, 08:42 PM

Hi, Scrumy. :D

hi Bipper

I am good though. I usually sign my name on the bottom of my posts, so that if I ever change, you will all know who posted what I posted. Better yet, it helps me keep my comments from my two accounts seperated in my mind.

Psycotic

Levian
09-20-2006, 10:34 PM

That name change doesn't count cause it was just for the whole elections Justice League thingy. So I say BAD to you!

Oh, it counts. :cool:

I can't believe I read levlev's whole list. Yay! I made a good decision. Except my username was never 'Neel'. :D

Seriously? Well, you should be Neel anyway. :greenie:

Decessus
09-20-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm thinking of changing it to "CloudLionheart69sephiroth!!!1111".

Venom
09-20-2006, 11:09 PM
In December I'm going to change my name again!:bigsmile:

As for name changes I love em.:love:

Psychotic
09-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Psycoticbipper, I'm afraid you've failed the course. You may resit the entire semester at a cost of £50.

I like name changes, as it's great whenever I discover someone's new identity. Now all we need is for a smart-aleck who wasn't around when it happened to comment on Fizzlebo McFlufferbunny.

Leeza
09-20-2006, 11:57 PM
This is just my opinion, nothing else:

However, he'll always be Black Mage 121 to me. :)

I despise name changes. Unless, of course, they're for the better. Most FF related names and names with 39579730767's and these_things_in_the_name are absolutely terrible and they should be changed. :)

Goldenboko
09-21-2006, 12:03 AM
I despise name changes. Unless, of course, they're for the better. Most FF related names and names with 39579730767's and these_things_in_the_name are absolutely terrible and they should be changed. :)

Are you saying my name sucks? Its not my fault I'm part of the GAP...

GAP=Goldenboco and proud!

bipper
09-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Psycoticbipper, I'm afraid you've failed the course. You may resit the entire semester at a cost of £50.

I like name changes, as it's great whenever I discover someone's new identity. Now all we need is for a smart-aleck who wasn't around when it happened to comment on Fizzlebo McFlufferbunny.

:( worst clone evar. I think my body is rejecting your Jehomo cells, mother....

Vikeve
09-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Sometimes its good sometimes its bad if i figure out about the change and like it hen its good if i don't fu\igure out about the change i guess i'll wonder what happened to that person or something

Dixie
09-21-2006, 12:42 AM
I don't mind name changes, really. But when it comes to me changing my name, six months lasts forever. Plus, my name is getting in the way of my set. ;_; Everyone else...Well, that's their problem.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-21-2006, 01:01 AM
It tends to annoy and confuse me. I'm never changing mine.

Evastio
09-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm confused enough as it is without people changing their usernames.

Sylvie
09-21-2006, 01:15 AM
If you don't support the changing of usernames then you support the terrorists!
...Flying Mullet... :(

RIP, man. :(

Acid Raine
09-21-2006, 01:35 AM
They make me go :confused:

DarkLadyNyara
09-21-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm not too fond of it unless it's either fairly subtle, or they have something else I can recognise about them. (like Acid Raine and Tempest)

Yeah, I was wondering about that name... :lol:

The Unknown Guru
09-21-2006, 04:41 AM
They discombobulate me. I'm like, "Is he new? No. Who is he? Oh, it's him/her."

Mo-Nercy
09-21-2006, 04:46 AM

Man, that CUBED thing was class. I can't believe you got rid of it. :( I cry over it every night. Every cubed-less day you spend makes me die a little inside.
It was kind of annoying to have to type that in everytime I logged in :rolleyes2

Mo-Nercy³

Wow. I miss it xD

Kawaii Ryûkishi
09-21-2006, 05:02 AM
That's nothing. Think of poor Necro Ǽ™.

ShunNakamura
09-21-2006, 05:10 AM
So that is where some of those people went(or I guess not so much as went, but you get the idea).....

Name changes don't bother me too much except for that fact that I don't notice them unless I speak to them on a regular basis.

As for me I have been thinking of droping the Nakamura from my name at some piont and just going with Shun. Mainly cause I have too many different nicks off of it and Shun should be readibly recognized by anyone knowing my other aliases(unless you know me by Hunnuli which is the name I went by for years online). Actually, maybe I will drop back to my old one(Hunnuli). Surprises me that neither Shun or Hunnuli is taken here. Ah well, at least I have left with some interesting choices if I ever decide to change it.

Acid Raine
09-22-2006, 01:10 AM
I think ALL of the "sephiroth238423987" ones should just GO!

Levian
09-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, take a hike Sephiroth1999AD!

Christmas
09-22-2006, 08:20 AM
SEPHIROTHISHERE IS A COOL DUDE.

Loony BoB
09-22-2006, 08:23 AM
DOWN WITH NAME CHANGES. :mad2:

EDIT: I agree 100% with Lev's opinions on name changes, btw. Including the 'same' for Shoden/Bladen. However, he said 'Czanthor => Cz' but missed 'Black Mage 121 => Czanthor' - which was a bad change. :(

Levian
09-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I was wondering if I should include that, but didn't it go more like this:
Black Mage 121 -> Czech Republic -> Czanthor -> Cz

or was it:
Black Mage 121 -> Czanthor -> Czech. Republic -> Czanthor -> Cz?

I guess the last one makes more sense since they probably based czech republic from something.

ANYWAY, I think I like Black Mage 121 the best, but only because of the avatar that went with it.:cool:

boris no no
09-22-2006, 12:00 PM
See I get confused when people say "oh that SOMONE was so funny" and I think its a totally different person until I realise its an oldies old name x__x

I'll never ever change my name. Whats the world going to be like with out a boris?
Plus the I am Russian bearded men just wouldn't go with anything else and my brains not smart enough to come up with something else funny.

Cz
09-22-2006, 03:01 PM

EDIT: I agree 100% with Lev's opinions on name changes, btw. Including the 'same' for Shoden/Bladen. However, he said 'Czanthor => Cz' but missed 'Black Mage 121 => Czanthor' - which was a bad change. :(You know that one was your fault, right? :p

Loony BoB
09-22-2006, 04:22 PM

EDIT: I agree 100% with Lev's opinions on name changes, btw. Including the 'same' for Shoden/Bladen. However, he said 'Czanthor => Cz' but missed 'Black Mage 121 => Czanthor' - which was a bad change. :(You know that one was your fault, right? :p

How was it my fault? :(

Spiffing Cheese
09-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Roostos -> Denmark = Good
chadmonkey -> Flying Mullet = Good
Flying Mullet -> Bantam = Bad
Kyono -> DK = Bad
Rikkuyuna89 -> Rye = Good
Chris -> Mandinka = Bad
eestlinc -> Tsunami Bren = Bad
StriderNUMBERS -> Strider = Good
Strider -> El Mariachi = Bad
Kuja Trance -> Heath = Good
TsukasaIV -> Bert = Good
jebusabsolute -> Jebus = Good
roto 13 - roto13-ness = Bad
yuna_elena -> Shauna = Good
Something weird -> Spiffing Cheese = Good
Akumaou812 -> Joel = Good
princeofdarknez -> Neel = Good
Bladen -> Shoden = Same
King Bahamut -> Kirobaito = Good, I think.
Ryukishi -> Lindz = Hmm, Good?

That's all I get? "SOMETHING WEIRD"? :mad2:

Cz
09-22-2006, 05:51 PM
How was it my fault? :(It was an EoEo thread, years ago and I was whining about being unpopular. You said something along the lines of "Change your name, you boring idiot." I asked for suggestions, but you were all: "No! It has to be your decision, you stupid jerk." You did, however, advise me to: "Pick a word that sounds cool, you miserable little worm." About two years later, I decided to actually listen to you, and Czanthor was born. :p

OK, so maybe it wasn't your fault. I'll see if I can blame Levian somehow.

ShunNakamura
09-22-2006, 06:31 PM

Must we always play the blame game?

And Spiffy had been a tidusrocks214?! that was so not spiffy.

And what is up with Sniffing Geese.... what if geese don't want to be sniffed?

Cz
09-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Must we always play the blame game?Yes. Society has conditioned us to make excuses for our own failings because society sucks. :mad:

Rainecloud
09-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Black Mage 121 was a pretty neat username.
Czech. Republic was one of the worst usernames ever.
Czanthor was a fantastic username.
Cz is just plain awful.

So there.

ShunNakamura
09-22-2006, 07:25 PM
]Yes. Society has conditioned us to make excuses for our own failings because society sucks. :mad:

So now you blame society? I can see that it is quite an awful 'disease' you have there :p.

Maybe you should be called the B-lamer?

btw, I blame you for the lame name suggestion... so there!

Spiffing Cheese
09-24-2006, 11:23 PM
And Spiffy had been a tidusrocks214?! that was so not spiffy.

Don't insult the power of tidusrocks214! :mad2:

black orb
09-25-2006, 03:02 AM
>>> This is the only forum i know that allow name changing..

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Hah. I am all for name changes, as long as I can still recognize who they were somehow. You know, don't change your sig and I am good. It is the sig that I identify with anyways. I just about died when the Chin Patrol sprouted up.

I was actually thinking of changing my name to Pantless Ninja. But I don't know if I could just give up IBCrayZ.

starseeker
09-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I like my username and don't want to change it. The only downside is that many people in #chat thought I was a guy.
I think Y_U_F_F_I_E -> Yuffie the Dragon Ninja was a good change.

DK
09-25-2006, 09:54 PM
The Black Mage > Levia/n = Bad

Loony BoB
09-26-2006, 12:44 AM
How was it my fault? :(It was an EoEo thread, years ago and I was whining about being unpopular. You said something along the lines of "Change your name, you boring idiot." I asked for suggestions, but you were all: "No! It has to be your decision, you stupid jerk." You did, however, advise me to: "Pick a word that sounds cool, you miserable little worm." About two years later, I decided to actually listen to you, and Czanthor was born. :p

Two years later you'd made a name for yourself! You should never change your username once you've made a name for yourself. Look at Dan.

Miriel
09-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Freakin' Dan! I hate your new username! HATE IT! AND SO I HATE YOU! AAAAAAARRRRRRRGH.

Ouch!
09-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Name changes are okay, I suppose. I get used to them. There are times when I feel that people are horrible idiots for changing their names, specifically because they chose something dumb as all get out.

For example, I refuse to change my name back to Zaphier. I refuse. I would, however, consider becoming Dubya again.

Reine
09-26-2006, 06:12 AM
When I changed from Andreil to Reine no-one noticed =]

Infact some people took forever to realise who I was, I remember getting a PM from Bipper who had just found out, after such a long time, I was greatly amused.

As for the comment about Chin Patrol: }=(

DK
09-26-2006, 05:09 PM
I like my new username purely because you bunch of dumbasses get so worked up over it. :D

Flying Mullet
09-26-2006, 05:32 PM
I like my new username purely because you bunch of dumbasses get so worked up over it. :D
Word. :chef:

Levian
09-26-2006, 05:40 PM
You're like the Mile High club, except you have stupid usernames instead of sex on a plane.

~SapphireStar~
09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
I was tempted to change mine, but Im worried someone may join and steal my original name away from me. Plus I wont be able to use any cool sigs made for me!

Misfit
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't mind name changing sometimes. I'd rather they keep the same username, that way I don't get confused (and that's easy to do, let me tell you!).

I never changed my username for like 3-and-some years! Except that one time when all the girls switched their names to boy names, and all the boys changed their names to girl names... But anyways. Yeah. :}

DK
09-26-2006, 06:06 PM
You're like the Mile High club, except you have stupid usernames instead of sex on a plane.

Yes CURSE ME FOR BEING BORN WITH THESE INITIALS :mad2: I think i'll go and slap my mother for choosing my name.

And then I'll go and get my real name changed to a quality name like the one that was here before Levian made me take it out because he's a big fanny

Flying Mullet
09-26-2006, 06:32 PM
It's not all sex and drugs when you live a rockstar's lifestyle...