PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard...

Darius
09-20-2006, 06:45 PM
...to find a specific item! Ive been trying to get a Pigeon Earring+1 for a week now and everytime I go to the AH its sold and has the same thing listed everytime. "No applicants available". I dont get it?

I want this earring SO bad!

Oh and this is the Valefor server too...not that it matters though.

/rant

Khaotic
09-20-2006, 08:47 PM
You wouldn't be able to afford it anyways, unless you're rich from crafting/farming/selling HNM drops, or you bought gil. It means it has yet to be sold on your server, meaning its rare, meaning its expensive.

Rostum
09-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Check Jeuno's AH. It goes for a couple Mil now I think, haven't checked lately. To be honest I'd rather get a Cassie earrng with that kind of money, and a Bloodbead Earring which is now cheaper that Pigeon+1.

Oh and um, unless you do have a crap load of gil... Just get the NQ one, 5HP isn't really going to matter all that much, for how much extra you pay.

Darius
09-21-2006, 04:06 PM
5 hp extra doesnt matter, true. The normal one will be just as good and I checked the prices for them and they are about 100k on my server. Thats not alot at all. I can afford that but I def cant afford the +1 if its as much as you guys say it is. Ah well, thanks for the info :)

Ouch!
09-22-2006, 01:01 AM
What're you talking about? You get +5 HP on one equip, and +5 HP on another equip--that's +10 HP! You take that to the battle field, spare yourself 1/6 of an attack. 10 HP a lot of HP!

I'm going to bet nobody got that. D=

+1 gear is usually not worth the extra money. Most times I get it anyway. >_>

Fuego
09-22-2006, 01:16 AM
What're you talking about? You get +5 HP on one equip, and +5 HP on another equip--that's +10 HP! You take that to the battle field, spare yourself 1/6 of an attack. 10 HP a lot of HP!

I'm going to bet nobody got that. D=I don't get it ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :mwahaha: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mwahaha: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mwahaha: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mwahaha: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mwahaha: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mwahaha: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mwahaha:

Ouch!
09-22-2006, 02:15 AM
"I go check with wife... Alright, I give you discount price of $4.50!"
"$4.50? That's only 50 cents off!"
"Hey, you save 50 cents here, you go save 50 cents somewhere else, that's $1! You take that to the dollar store, you buy something else! 50 cents a lot of money!"
"Suddenly the Chinese salesman is managing my finances."

Yeargdribble
09-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Most HQ gear (notably accessories) is all about e-penis. If you have deep pockets and not much else to do with your money then it's worth getting pretty white and blue boxes but othewise not really.

Fuego
09-22-2006, 04:00 AM
I have +1 for more gear lvl 1-10 than anything else.

A couple of 10-20 peices .... but yea at that point and forward ... its far too expensive unless i am making it or holding it for a friend, you won't find those 'wanna be' porche's in my inventory ... i have nothing to be ashamed of :shifty: hehe ... :mwahaha:

Lionx
09-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Actually i got that joke, go Russel Peters <3

HP gear is ineffective unless you are a Taru that has sufficiently low HP and that HP gear is VERY significant, or you are tanking HNMs where your DEF doesnt matter. Otherwise, HP gear is useless the minute you get hit, and you rather get MP gear for more cures.

Darius
09-22-2006, 12:56 PM

I'm going to bet nobody got that. D=

+1 gear is usually not worth the extra money. Most times I get it anyway. >_>

I already took that into account before I even thought about posting here. Thats why I was trying to get the +1's instead of the normal ones. I saw it this way, Im a PLD so I can get +40 hp and be able to take an extra hit or 2. Or I can get +50 hp (2 +1's) and be able to take 2-3(ish) hits with no worry. Omecle just had a good point. One of the +1's will be millions of gil. So 2 of them isnt something im going to get anytime soon.

Yeargdribble
09-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Now I'm no 75 PLD but I'm pretty sure that max HP isn't the most important thing for XP as you will rarely be sitting at your max. MP will actually make for more efficient XP. HP gear would be more for HNM tanking where all of the HP matters. However, there really aren't a lot of great MP ear choices so HP is likely the way to go for those slot but conversion gear is probably not.

Also, something I think that hasn't been addressed is why these are actually hard to get. Basically it's because it's an HQ of a crafted item. In this case one of the ingredients is an NM drop and it's level 88 to craft. This means that even the highest Goldsmither can only be tier 11 crafting it at best which means it's only a 10% chance that it will HQ.

Ouch!
09-22-2006, 10:17 PM
I already took that into account before I even thought about posting here. Thats why I was trying to get the +1's instead of the normal ones. I saw it this way, Im a PLD so I can get +40 hp and be able to take an extra hit or 2. Or I can get +50 hp (2 +1's) and be able to take 2-3(ish) hits with no worry. Omecle just had a good point. One of the +1's will be millions of gil. So 2 of them isnt something im going to get anytime soon.
You, like everyone else except for lionx, missed the joke. It was blatant sarcasm. I don't think 10 HP is worth it at all.

Fuego
09-24-2006, 04:47 AM
You, like everyone else except for lionx, missed the joke. It was blatant sarcasm. I don't think 10 HP is worth it at all.You missed my blatantly sarcastic (non-witty) quip :crying: i got your joke to ... i bet it was the faces that lied to you and said i have no idea whats goin' on ... they like to do that alot of the time ... don't trust the faces :lol: :shifty: :lol:

and at low lvls up to 10 (+10) (*EDIT* HP) is like a godsend. after lvl 10 it looses its luster then becomes a waste of space for better equipment (and stats) you could be wearing.

Lionx
09-24-2006, 05:04 AM
Untrue...MP is constantly being restored...and one Cure 1 is 8 mp, having +10MP means one more 30 hp healed, and 30 more hp worth of hate. Whatever hp you have that you get boosted, loses it effect the minute you get hit, and to regain that you need a certain ammount of MP. MP>HP gear in general unless the HP gear is very significant over the MP gained.

HP is only important in HNM and specific things that can oneshot you. lvl 27 PLD and still using Onyx Earrings.

Del Murder
09-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Well, HP has to be somewhat important. All the MP in the world won't help you much if you only have 100 HP. There's got to be a balance point somewhere. One strong magical attack and you're dead. I use a HP +20 earring and that helps me take those special attacks better, but I do think it's silly to pay hundreds of thousands for just 5 more HP.

dodhungry
09-24-2006, 07:10 AM
I usually only buy the magical items and +hp/mp armors when I see them at a good price in a bazaar.
For example an LS member has been pricing Seers Tunic for while now and its been running about 25-30k in all the AH I bought It for him for 16k in a bazaar in sandy....

So yeah I like to go with the +hp/mp stuff only if I get a good deal on it

Lionx
09-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Usually its not, the thing is, throughout the battle, the chances of you being at full health is slim in general. If something is going to oneshot you, its going to oneshot you no matter what in general...i am thinking namely spiders where they have a tendency to double attack then sickle slash you right after.

I aint saying HP gear isnt important, but in general comparing stuff like Hope Earrings for HP and MP earrings like Onyx...usually MP gear is what makes the difference, not that crappy HP that Hope Earrings give you. Something like Pidegeon is significant enough for me to warrant getting(For Tarus anyway..for every other race i dont see why until end-game), now the +1 versions..nah. However i would also argue that you should get something else for MP as well and it would also be fine with me.

Yeargdribble
09-24-2006, 03:17 PM
100% agreeing with Lionx about HP vs MP. He's right that you will rarely spend time at full HP and that makes it far less useful. HNMs are pretty much the only situation that a full set of HP gear might help on. Aside from that a Taru tank might want some HP gear when tanking things like Spiders that can 1 shot them with Sickle Slash, but that's very situational.

MP is worth so much more, especially for a PLD in XP. Lion said it but I'll say it again. Having 10 MP is the equivalent to having 30 HP and also helps hold hate. Having 10 HP just isn't gonna do much at all.

Keeping that in mind, something like a Cassie Earring (conserts 50 MP to HP) will hurt you even more. You gain 50 max HP but lose essentially 200 HP worth of cures which can keep you up longer and hold more hate.

Darius
09-25-2006, 06:12 PM
True 10 hp isnt gonna help much at all. I agree with MP being more important than HP most of the time. However, I DID buy 2 Pigeon Earrings (not the +1's) for 110,000 each. Now im broke but I dont mind. Each one gives me +20 HP and +5 resist. Im not going to equip them till level 52 though but at level 52 Ill gain my level and get roughly 25+ HP just for leveling, and then ill equip them both and total get 65+ HP.

The reason im not using it till level 52 is because, and I havent had any trouble with anyone saying anything yet, I bought the Tactician Magician's Espadon +1 from someones bazaar for 30k (which I thought was a great deal). I dont have much money so I use/buy what I can that will help me. My earrings right now are +3 att / -3 evasion for a total of +6 A/-6 E. Once I hit 52 ill equip the Pigeons and lose the +6 att but Ill gain +12 att from the sword, along with +10 weapon damage and a faster hit %. Im using a War Sword right now and it seems to be doing me just fine until I get to level 52 and can upgrade efficiently.

I have no problem with MP so far. I may change the +att earrings with +MP ones but for now Im doing fine. I can usually get through about 4-7 fights without having to 'recharge' (I tested this the other day against the beetles in the Crawlers Nest). It basically averaged out at about 5 and a half battles before I had to recharge. I got to a 7th battle once and lost all my MP when the beetle had about 1/3 of its life left.

If I start to lose hate and Im waiting for flash, voke and/or sentinal, I cast a cure 2/3 and I have hate once again. Shield bash also works pretty well too when someone next to me takes hate from me. I noticed the other day when I was in a pt with a 41 PLD (I was 39 at the time), he was taking more damage than I was AND was using up more MP than I was too. When I had hate, it was easier keeping me alive, and I also had 35(ish) more HP than him too.

Lionx, I did miss the sarcasm but its all good. :p

I dont think im a bad PLD but im still learning how to make myself better.
Thanks for all the replies too. They are helping out alot.

Yeargdribble
09-25-2006, 10:07 PM
It sounds to me like you are a fine PLD who understands hate management far better than even some level 75 PLDs I know.