PDA

View Full Version : Most boring game you have ever play.

RoxasLeonhart
09-20-2006, 07:07 PM
The boringest game I ever Played was The Sims And FF7 I really Don't like very me or maybe i don't understand it.

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Vagrant Story, I tried and I tried to get into that game, as you can see, i got no where.

Rainecloud
09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Super Mario 64.

So mundane. So predictable. So pointless...

Araciel
09-20-2006, 07:52 PM
disaster report

Yuffie514
09-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. 47 is too slow for the stealth job and he only has one type of stealth kill with the fiber wire. now, i will go and play Tenchu: Stealth Assassins...:eep:

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
disaster report

NEVER !

~SapphireStar~
09-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness. It was so bad and I couldnt wait to get a refund!

Araciel
09-20-2006, 07:58 PM
disaster report

NEVER !

heheheh

'that's not true! that's impossible!'

Elite Lord Sigma
09-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Azurik: Rise of Perathia and Rampage: Total Destruction are both tied. Azurik is the game I hate most because the storyline was awful, not to mention the game itself was laggy. Combat was boring, and the game is not linear enough. I literally quit within the first half-hour of playing it because you were given no indication of what the hell you were supposed to do.

Rampage: Total Destruction I also hate because it basically took everything that was good about earlier Rampages, and destroyed it. The game was totally boring, the levels were repetitive, and the characters looked way too deformed. Not to mention there was a lot of unnecessary gimmicks.

Erdrick Holmes
09-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

Fire_Emblem776
09-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Tamagachi ......loads if fun

Roto13
09-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey, I have an idea! Let's all name massively popular games and pretend they're the most boring games in the world! That way, we can all be cool! lolz!

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey, I have an idea! Let's all name massively popular companies and pretend they're the worst companies in the world! That way, we can all be cool! lolz!

Hypocrite.

DynasticJam
09-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Resident Evil
This doesn't include the new Resident Evil games, but I really didn't enjoy the older games, especially the very first one, but it is an old game now, so I guess that it may have been seen a lot different when it first came out. But I just hated everything about it, for a start, visually, it didn't really stand out, the dialogue was completely poor, and it wasn't one bit scary, if anything I found it funny.

Forbidden Siren
I don't know why I ever played these games, thankfully I didn't waste all my time trying to complete it, because before long, I just gave up. Not because it was difficult, but it was just terrible! This is one of those games that just comes to show that you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover (or in this case, never judge a game by it's cover) I mean, it looks scary when you see it, but playing it is a completely different story. Probably the worst game I've ever seen!

Shadow Man
I played this game, both 1 and 2, but I just didn't get it, the storyline sucked big time, and it didn't once make me jump or freak me out, it's just another one of those attempted scary video games, but completely failed.

Final Fantasy VII
Now, please don't think of me as a bad person, but I'll be honest and say that I didn't enjoy Final Fantasy VII as much as any of the other FF games. Well, I did enjoy the game, a lot, but I found the beginning of the game to be a bit repetative, plus, the battle system was a bit slow. I suppose if it was to come out on the PS3, then I would enjoy it a lot more. For a start the graphics would be a lot better.

I can think of tons more, but they wouldn't be worth listing, because most of you guys would probably have no idea what they are, that's how much they suck! :D

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Final Fantasy VII
Now, please don't think of me as a bad person, but I'll be honest and say that I didn't enjoy Final Fantasy VII as much as any of the other FF games. Well, I did enjoy the game, a lot, but I found the beginning of the game to be a bit repetative, plus, the battle system was a bit slow. I suppose if it was to come out on the PS3, then I would enjoy it a lot more. For a start the graphics would be a lot better.

Whaddaya know, Roto was right.

Roto13
09-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Final Fantasy VII

Of course I was. I'm always right.

Vagrant Story indeed...

Araciel
09-20-2006, 08:40 PM
hahah maybe they just didn't like the games, and that made them tedious for them...

or maybe they are cool....:rolleyes2

Vermachtnis
09-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Gran Turismo 3, yay I'm a cool kid! Not really, I just can't get into racing games. The only reason I had this one is it came with my playstation 2. I didn't like just driving from here to there. I don't even like it in real life and if I can't make the cars 'splode in a firery ball of doom, then what the point.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 08:53 PM
yeah like i thought...not interested in said best-selling game. it's understandable

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Final Fantasy VII

Of course I was. I'm always right.

Vagrant Story indeed...

This isnt fair, I do think Vagrant Story is boring. It probably isnt as boring as it is frustrating, but I never saw what others did in it.

Slothy
09-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Halo...

Now that I'm cool too, let's go for my real answer: Starfox Adventures. I imagine the logic behind it went something like this:

Johnson: "Let's make a new Starfox game, but instead of a cool space shooter, make it a platformer. Not only that, but we can make one button do everything, but only let you use moves when we tell you, and throw in some fetch quests. Everyone loves fetch quests. While we're at it, we can make Fox's friends even more annoying. Heck, forget the game, let's just give the player a free bag of vomit to just pour on their Gamecube."

Rare president: "Why not? We've already ruined Donkey Kong."

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Lord of the Rings, Return of the King. A pointless button mashing piece of junk. I got $3.00 on trade in for it.

Jowy
09-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Final Fantasy X bored the daylights out of me.

DynasticJam
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM

No...way! You're kidding right?

Endless
09-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Magic Carpet is pretty damn boring. Mind numbingly, in fact.

Bunny
09-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Final Fantasy VII

There is a special place in Hell reserved for people like you.

And me. Hi5, dude.

Final Fantasy X had bored effect on me as well. Somehow I managed to beat it. It took almost a full year and a half, possibly two, however. I swear, everytime I turned that game on, no matter how much sleep I got, I was pretty much instantly tired within five minutes. I pressed on, however, and conquered the game. And it made me angry. So angry.

I can't really remember the last time I played a boring game aside from the aforementioned. I'm sure there are one or two though. My memory is horrible, you see.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-20-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll agree with FFX being a very sleep inducing game. But for me, it was a love hate thing. I loved the sphere grid, weapon customization etc., but the battles, and how slow Tidus ran, I hated. Music too, no likey.

McLovin'
09-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Harry Potter 4: The Game.

I swear the game series started out bad and quickly declined with each new release.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Otogi 2 was terribly boring. I usually try to beat all the games I own, but this one may never reach the warm embrace of my Xbox drive again, and I've hardly started.

Madame Adequate
09-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Magic Carpet is pretty damn boring. Mind numbingly, in fact.

What. Magic Carpet is fantastic.

Good God, someone's going to stroll in here and say Burnout is boring in a moment. I have to agree with Roto-13 here.

The only thing I can call to mind which is really boring is in Shenmue, if you go for hardcore training.

Nifleheim7
09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Devil May Cry2.
I played the game for an hour and then i thought "omg,why am i doing this?":screwy:

Araciel
09-20-2006, 10:22 PM
milf, i had forgotten about that game...thanks a lot...

can i change my answer to include shenmue? no?? ok...:cry:

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Shenmues only dull bits where when you got a job lifting crates *snore*.

RiseToFall
09-20-2006, 10:57 PM

Why must everyone hate on shenmue, I love that series.:(

~SapphireStar~
09-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Shenmues only dull bits where when you got a job lifting crates *snore*.
QFT.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. 47 is too slow for the stealth job and he only has one type of stealth kill with the fiber wire. now, i will go and play Tenchu: Stealth Assassins...:eep:

But I really liked that game! It's very tense when you're trying to get in and out without alerting the guards, and it requires some real skill and patience, but getting a "Silent Assasin" rating is always very fufilling.

Also, you can use anathestic as a stealth weapon; the longer you hold the trigger the longer the person is out for. A great way to get a higher rating without killing any innocents; you should be able to escape before they wake up if you give them a full dose, or at least change your disguise in time (because they will still search for the old one once the person has alerted the guards after waking up).

You can also use the silenced 9mm (or other silenced weapons, which are unlocked when you get a Silent Assasin rating), which will usually not alert people if they are not close enough to see it.

Most melee weapons will work too.

Me too. I don't know why people wouldn't like the Shenmue series.

Araciel
09-21-2006, 12:56 AM

good for you...i didn't enjoy it

LunarWeaver
09-21-2006, 12:58 AM
I found Dirge of Cerberus to be an extremely boring experience. :cat: The cat is to make you lose focus and stop yelling at me before you start.

KentaRawr!
09-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Halo...

Now that I'm cool too, let's go for my real answer: Starfox Adventures. I imagine the logic behind it went something like this:

Johnson: "Let's make a new Starfox game, but instead of a cool space shooter, make it a platformer. Not only that, but we can make one button do everything, but only let you use moves when we tell you, and throw in some fetch quests. Everyone loves fetch quests. While we're at it, we can make Fox's friends even more annoying. Heck, forget the game, let's just give the player a free bag of vomit to just pour on their Gamecube."

Rare president: "Why not? We've already ruined Donkey Kong."

Actually, there was once a time long long ago that a game named "Dinosaur Planet" was in production. So the story went like this:

Nintendo: "Well, we promised a Star Fox game at launch, but we decided not to work on it."

Rare: "Well that's a darn shame."

Nintendo: "Here's moneyz. Make Krystal a fox and change Sabre into Fox Mcloud. Also, make Krystal teh sexyz. And be sure to make Krystal a pathetic side character, and give Fox her weapon. Then, give Fox all of Krystal's scenes! =D"

Rare: "lol okayz."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20Ck6tNnS4

Shiny
09-21-2006, 02:08 AM
The Original Sims for the PC. Ugh, that got boring really fast. Luckily, they made expansion packs to add a little more variety to the game.

Slothy
09-21-2006, 03:21 AM
Actually, there was once a time long long ago that a game named "Dinosaur Planet" was in production. So the story went like this:

Nintendo: "Well, we promised a Star Fox game at launch, but we decided not to work on it."

Rare: "Well that's a darn shame."

Nintendo: "Here's moneyz. Make Krystal a fox and change Sabre into Fox Mcloud. Also, make Krystal teh sexyz. And be sure to make Krystal a pathetic side character, and give Fox her weapon. Then, give Fox all of Krystal's scenes! =D"

Rare: "lol okayz."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20Ck6tNnS4

You know, it's been so long since the game came out I had forgotten about that. Even if it hadn't been slapped with the Starfox name though it would have sucked just as much. This game is still one of the main reasons I shed no tears when Rare was bought up by Microsoft. If they really wanted them that badly they can have them.

Psychotic
09-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Splinter Cell. I thought "Hey, it's stealth just like Metal Gear Solid, and I like Metal Gear Solid! And everybody is currently orgasming over it! Let's do it!"

I discovered that the reason I like MGS is that even if you are discovered, at least you stand a chance against the guards. Not to mention it's fast-paced, unlike SC.

Erdrick Holmes
09-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Xenosaga episode 1. This is the most boring movie I ever played.

fantasyjunkie
09-21-2006, 08:21 AM

I hear ya man! I loved FF6,7,8, and 9 but FFX was BORRRRING! I started it twice to try to get myself to like it but like Jowy, it bored the daylights out of me.

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Have you people never played the horrible and cursed game of boredness known as TETRIS!?

The Infinite Telomerase
09-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Solitaire by far.

~SapphireStar~
09-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Have you people never played the horrible and cursed game of boredness known as TETRIS!?
OMG! You hate Tetris?! Its one of my fav all time games. So addictive!

Ultima Shadow
09-21-2006, 11:30 AM
OMG! You hate Tetris?! Its one of my fav all time games. So addictive!
...you're scary!

*hides in a corner*

Reine
09-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Too many games that bore me so, but FF games tend to bore me these days, so slow paced and the lack of challenge..Sure I used to love them to death (Hence my joining this site back in the day) but now that ive played so many other RPGs, FF seems to be very basic and boring compared to a lot of others. Also the random battles can make any RPG boring, especially in large places, five steps, battle, three steps, battle, seven steps, battle, dead end, oh no! *seven battles to get back to junction*

I prefer RPGs with a full active battle system, like the Tales series and the Star Ocean series, and RPGs with visible encounters that you can dodge (Like ToS, SO3 and a few others)

I tend to find most driving games boring though, and the only sports game I ever had fun playing was Mutant League Football on the Megadrive

Roto13
09-21-2006, 12:09 PM

Are you kidding me?

Reine
09-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Actually that game bored me, I did play it for a while when I had a "brick game" thing for christmas, but I only liked the version that had special blocks that could erase blocks or add them, or phantom blocks that went through others to fill in gaps.

Also, the GB version, one of the music themes I will never forget and often jumps into my head at times, despite last playing it years and years and YEARS ago.

I dont really like puzzle games much, and the only one I DO like, is Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Polaris
09-21-2006, 12:27 PM
I once almost fell asleep while playing TR3! Really, I think it was on 'Thames Warf', I never pass that level and I spent almost three days on the same part! Lara there died more than 20 times!

Nifleheim7
09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I once almost fell asleep while playing TR3! Really, I think it was on 'Thames Warf', I never pass that level and I spent almost three days on the same part! Lara there died more than 20 times!

Yeah,that was a nerve breaking level!
But i really liked the game.

Polaris
09-21-2006, 12:43 PM
You'll enjoy it if u have codes or path to path described! It was on the part that you find one secret and there is lots of barbed wire and a crane... She always died there! After a while I decided to pass the other level!

Nifleheim7
09-21-2006, 12:55 PM
First time i played it,it was a nightmare because of the lack of save spheres.I mean what Core was thinking?The game was so difficult it was stupid!
Next time i played it i had codes for unlimited saves.
Then i really enjoyed it!

Reine
09-21-2006, 01:29 PM
TR3 was an awesome game, sure its difficulty was crazy, but I guess it was designed in mind of those that had played the previous 2, and would be wise to all the usual tricks and traps.

The TR trilogy remains in my mind as one of the best game series ever, all the games afterwards were cool, but just lost the plot mainly.

Shaun
09-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Anybody who said FFVII deserves to be crucified. For me, maybe Worms Open Warfare for the DS. I wasted £30 on that! All the missions are just on crap generated terrains too.

Nifleheim7
09-21-2006, 01:44 PM
TR3 was an awesome game, sure its difficulty was crazy, but I guess it was designed in mind of those that had played the previous 2, and would be wise to all the usual tricks and traps.

The TR trilogy remains in my mind as one of the best game series ever, all the games afterwards were cool, but just lost the plot mainly.

I had played TR2 before i played 3,and i still found it very difficult.NOT the actual gameplay but the lack of save spheres.
TR2 is my favourite in the series.

PhoenixAsh
09-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I didn't think FFX itself was boring, in fact its slowly pushing its way up the ranks of my favourate FF's. A lot of the minigames however seem almost designed just to test patience. The lightning bolts, the stupid crystal thing that you had to do whenever you wanted to fight the last boss, I loved blitzball but I could see how it could easily be hated, the cloisters... God it just went on.

I didn't really give it a fair chance, but I bought Dead or Alive 2 on PS2, and I think it was turned on once, then I went straight back to Tekken.

Madame Adequate
09-21-2006, 02:31 PM

Please note, I only said it was boring if you go for hardcore training. Standing in the parking lot for hours and hours throwing moves around gets boring, and fast. The games themselves, however, are absolutely sublime.

I didn't think FFX itself was boring, in fact its slowly pushing its way up the ranks of my favourate FF's. A lot of the minigames however seem almost designed just to test patience. The lightning bolts, the stupid crystal thing that you had to do whenever you wanted to fight the last boss, I loved blitzball but I could see how it could easily be hated, the cloisters... God it just went on.

I didn't really give it a fair chance, but I bought Dead or Alive 2 on PS2, and I think it was turned on once, then I went straight back to Tekken.

FFX had some questionable minigames for sure, but it's already pretty much at the top of my list of fave FFs.

And if you prefer DoA over Tekken, then no you didn't give it a fair chance xD

Reine
09-21-2006, 06:25 PM

I had played TR2 before i played 3,and i still found it very difficult.NOT the actual gameplay but the lack of save spheres.
TR2 is my favourite in the series.

Yeah, TR2 is my fav as well, as it is for most TR fans..TR3 was kinda evil with the lack of save points, and I too cheated to get infinte Save Crystals once...I must try without cheating soon...

As for more boring games, ive found all the 3-D sonic games to be boring as hell, and no matter how I try, I can never get more than an E rank in any of the games, plus, the real challenge seems to be staying awake while playing..

Dell
09-21-2006, 07:17 PM

Agreed and I'm surprise no one said FFX-2 yet.

Onimusha #3 and Onimusha #4 is also boring.
And Suikoden IV.

DynasticJam
09-21-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm amazed that some say that FFX was boring, well I suppose it's a personal oppinion, but I would definately say that FFX is my all time favorite FF game, and maybe my favorite game out of any game! :D

Slicksword45
09-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Tresure of the deep. I could not stand 5min. of that game. it was sooooooooooo boreing.

Sweet Beloved
09-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Bujingai The Foresaken City.
I never got it, and the main character on it looked like a woman. O_o But it really bored me, and I'm hoping to sell it. ^_^

Bloodline666
09-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Mortal Kombat Deception, mainly because it's broken as hell!

Melkor_
09-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Final Fantasy IV

JKTrix
09-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Bujingai The Foresaken City.
I never got it, and the main character on it looked like a woman.

Random point that doesn't contribute to this topic at all: The character in Bujingai is modeled after J-pop star Gackt. Gackt was also the inspiration for Squall.

Gackt/Squall
http://www.mahamari.com/story/gfx/la_squackt02.jpg

Bujingai dude
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030828/taito13.jpg

Also, Otogi 2 is amazing.

pinkmage
09-22-2006, 05:21 PM
In Cold Blood (PS1)....it was terrible

Madame Adequate
09-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Tresure of the deep. I could not stand 5min. of that game. it was sooooooooooo boreing.

No way, Treasures of the Deep is some classic PS1 gaming!

I Took the Red Pill
09-22-2006, 08:59 PM

Yeah, I was so psyched to ride on the back of Giant Manta Rays and shoot harpoons at turtles.

Polaris
09-23-2006, 10:52 AM

And still boring but I played the demo of 'Fluid' and I haven't understand what the hell you must do in that game! :(

roxy
09-23-2006, 10:55 AM
My bother gave me some X-men game for GBA (around 5 or so years ago), I don't even like X-men.
Its the thought that counts though.