PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean: Til The End of Time... !*&$!! ITEM CREATION!!!

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I can't get this friggin' Philosopher Stone or anything!!!! It's just so freakin' infuriating!!!

And then I still can't figure/remember how to make the frappin' uber weapons so I can finally go level-up in the desert and temple of the Ancients... Those guys are tough!

Mirage
09-20-2006, 08:06 PM
In order to get it you need that item that increases your alchemy success rate, along with Misty Lear, Sophitia and either Eliza or Peppita. It's the easiest with Peppita, as she has more skill in alchemy than Eliza. Note that you must have either Peppita or Eliza, as these two are the only ones in the entire game that can create the Philosophers Stone. The cost of the philosophers stone with this setup is very narrow. It must be 12. It might be possible with 1 fol more or less, but don't count on it.

With the Eliza setup plus the alchemy success rate item (which adds something like 20 points in alchemy), you'll have a total of just above 100 in alchemy. You need 100 to be able to make the Philosophers stone at all, so it is definitely possible, the chance is just very, very low.

I have done it with Sophitia, Misty Lear and Eliza myself, so I know it is possible, just keep on trying until you get it. However, it's much easier to do it with Peppita instead of Eliza. If you do not want to get Peppita permanently on your team, you can do it while at Moonbase, while she is temporarily in your party. Just be sure to go to that place that can "create virtual space" before you enter Mr. Leingod's laboratory, and select Workshop from that menu.
I remember getting it on my second try with Peppita, while I had to try well over 50 times with Eliza.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-20-2006, 08:31 PM
In order to get it you need that item that increases your alchemy success rate, along with Misty Lear, Sophitia and either Eliza or Peppita. It's the easiest with Peppita, as she has more skill in alchemy than Eliza. Note that you must have either Peppita or Eliza, as these two are the only ones in the entire game that can create the Philosophers Stone. The cost of the philosophers stone with this setup is very narrow. It must be 12. It might be possible with 1 fol more or less, but don't count on it.

With the Eliza setup plus the alchemy success rate item (which adds something like 20 points in alchemy), you'll have a total of just above 100 in alchemy. You need 100 to be able to make the Philosophers stone at all, so it is definitely possible, the chance is just very, very low.

I have done it with Sophitia, Misty Lear and Eliza myself, so I know it is possible, just keep on trying until you get it. However, it's much easier to do it with Peppita instead of Eliza. If you do not want to get Peppita permanently on your team, you can do it while at Moonbase, while she is temporarily in your party. Just be sure to go to that place that can "create virtual space" before you enter Mr. Leingod's laboratory, and select Workshop from that menu.
I remember getting it on my second try with Peppita, while I had to try well over 50 times with Eliza.

Thanks but this is what I've been trying and still no go. What do you mean by 'Setup Eliza" and How will I know I'm at "100%"? Is there a success rate displayed on the screen somewhere or do I just have calculate on pen and paper? I've been using the Item Creation Calculator but it's no good. Maybe this guys calculator is wrong. Or course, I seriously, really do, have a dyslexia problem with numbers. So... uh... Forgive me if I get confused on what your're saying...

Here's the calculator... http://aerius.atspace.com/so3ic.html

Mirage
09-20-2006, 08:37 PM
It's not 100 %
You need a total of 100 skill points in alchemy to be able to make the Philosophers stone, because the difficulty for the Philosophers stone is 100. If you have exactly as much as the minimum, you can create it, but the success rate is as low as it can get. The higher above the difficulty rating your total score is, the better the chances are. With Eliza, Sophitia, Misty Lear and the item that increases alchemy success rates, it is very much possible, but the chance is very low. You'll just have to keep on trying. The success rate is not displayed anywhere, and you need to add together the alchemy skill points of the 3 characters you use, and add 20 more skill points if you have that success-up item (can't remember its name.).

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-20-2006, 09:00 PM
It's not 100 %
You need a total of 100 skill points in alchemy to be able to make the Philosophers stone, because the difficulty for the Philosophers stone is 100. If you have exactly as much as the minimum, you can create it, but the success rate is as low as it can get. The higher above the difficulty rating your total score is, the better the chances are. With Eliza, Sophitia, Misty Lear and the item that increases alchemy success rates, it is very much possible, but the chance is very low. You'll just have to keep on trying. The success rate is not displayed anywhere, and you need to add together the alchemy skill points of the 3 characters you use, and add 20 more skill points if you have that success-up item (can't remember its name.).

It's the Alchemist's Stone. I have it, but it's not doing anything. How will I know I have a 100% score... And score of what? Combined total of skills from the three people on the assembly line? And what's the minimum you're comparing about from? I'm being very honest with you, I don't understand half of what you're saying. Are you reading these ratings off the calculator page or somewhere I haven't looked, I don't know your reference.

I'm sorry to give you a hard time, but like I said, I have trouble with numbers and this game already has me on the brink...

I just attempted a 'original item with Misty Lear, Sophia, and Peppita at a cost of 12 Fol and it just kept failing till the quality bar ran out. What am I doing wrong? GAW!!!

Mirage
09-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm not talking about percents at all. I'm talking about the required skill level to make an item. For the Philosophers stone, the required skill level is 100 (on other words, its difficulty is 100). For other items, might be lower or higher. The combined skill level of your 3 persons on the assembly line, plus 20 from the Alchemists stone, must be above the required level for an item, if you want to be able to make it. In the case of the Philosophers stone, this is 100. If the alchemy skill points of the 3 characters on your assembly line, plus the 20 skill points from the Alchemists stone is 99, it is impossible to make an item that has a difficulty of 100. If the total for an assembly line is 100, there is a very, very low chance that you will succeed at making an item that has a difficulty of 100. The more skill points above an items difficulty rating you are, the easier it is to make the item in question.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-20-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm not talking about percents at all. I'm talking about the required skill level to make an item. For the Philosophers stone, the required skill level is 100 (on other words, its difficulty is 100). For other items, might be lower or higher. The combined skill level of your 3 persons on the assembly line, plus 20 from the Alchemists stone, must be above the required level for an item, if you want to be able to make it. In the case of the Philosophers stone, this is 100. If the alchemy skill points of the 3 characters on your assembly line, plus the 20 skill points from the Alchemists stone is 99, it is impossible to make an item that has a difficulty of 100. If the total for an assembly line is 100, there is a very, very low chance that you will succeed at making an item that has a difficulty of 100. The more skill points above an items difficulty rating you are, the easier it is to make the item in question.

But if nothing can reach 100 much less over it... What's the point?

But guess what... I just got the Philosopher's Stone!!! :D :D Now I just need to understand what you're talking about... Oy-vay!:confused:

Mirage
09-20-2006, 10:19 PM
The philosophers stone's difficulty is 100, and that's because it's supposed to be hard to get it. You can just barely get above 100 when making the philosophers stone, so it's always hard to get it. The difficulty of many other items are far lower than 100, meaning it's easier to make them.
Furthermore, now that you have the Philosophers stone, you can hire Ansala, who is the best alchemist in the game. He's got a skill level of something like 90 alone, meaning you won't have a problem making most stuff, as you can get more than 150 easily with him on the assembly line.

There are many others with a lot of skill too. Louise the Divider for example, has 98 in compounding.

Zeromus_X
09-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I've actually gotten it with Eliza before. Let me tell you it's much better with Souffle.

It must've taken me about half an hour before I finally made it. ><;

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-21-2006, 01:46 AM
I've actually gotten it with Eliza before. Let me tell you it's much better with Souffle.

It must've taken me about half an hour before I finally made it. ><;

Who the hell is "Souffle"?

Zeromus_X
09-21-2006, 01:47 AM
It's just Peppita's Japanese name. Both of them make me hungry, so I don't see why they felt the need to change it...Although, interesting tidbit, you can see you scrawl out 'Souffle' when she signs the back of Fate's shirt at the beginning in the hotel.

Anyway, just ignore me whenever I do that.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-21-2006, 11:02 AM
So what should I aim for 'creating' next?

Zeromus_X
09-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Well, how far are you in the game currently?

Mirage
09-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Gamefaqs has some great guides for item creation.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Gamefaqs has some great guides for item creation.

No they don't... I just refined the Dark Crystal and got 1000 INT, but it also says "Chaos (attack)"... What the Great Helled-Horrors is Chaos (Attack)?

I've sythned it to Sophia's Rod of the Evil Eye, it's doing the INT bonus for her magic power (I think) but I don't see the 'chaos' effect nor do any guides show anything about it...

Mirage
09-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes they do. Most of what I know about IC, I got from Gamefaqs guides.
To get the secondary effect of an item, you need to let it go trough the process twice instead of once, before aborting the process.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
One of the FAQs tell me what this "Chaos (attack effect) does...

Mirage
09-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Good for you!

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Good for you!

No, I meant"

NOT one of the FAQs tells me what Chaos (attack effect) does. I think one of them tells me to Synth it to a weapon and then use Smith to get rid of it... This is really buggin' the hell outta me...

Mirage
09-21-2006, 10:52 PM
If you let the synthesizing succeed twice, you get int+500 and chaos, if you let it succeed once, you get int+500. Chaos is that thing that makes your character uncontrollable, you know, when you have that swirl-icon over your character's battle picture.

And ofcourse an item creation FAQ doesn't tell you what the Chaos status effect is. It's an IC FAQ, not a battle status FAQ.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-22-2006, 02:12 AM
If you let the synthesizing succeed twice, you get int+500 and chaos, if you let it succeed once, you get int+500. Chaos is that thing that makes your character uncontrollable, you know, when you have that swirl-icon over your character's battle picture.

And ofcourse an item creation FAQ doesn't tell you what the Chaos status effect is. It's an IC FAQ, not a battle status FAQ.

OOOOOH!!!!! I see.... :eek:

But I didn't see a Battle Status FAQ... Awman!

ValkyrieWing
09-22-2006, 07:11 AM
There seems to be a LOT of effects that are not explained.

I'm supposing, from what Mirage said, 'chaos' is similar to confusion.

Zeromus_X
09-23-2006, 05:14 AM
Chaos is confusion, though it's called that in Chrono Trigger...

okay, it doesn't really explain alot of the statuses at all.

But yes, cool cowbell SFX, spirals over your head, and annoying massive HP/MP drain. Your body and mind doesn't know what to do! You also run around uncontrollably. However, this is great when Roger Raging Helmet's a ton of enemies in his vicinity...:cat: :love:

Reine
10-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Chaos Attack Effect just adds an effect that when you attack enemies, there is chance they will be confused.

And yes, the guides are very good, as I, like Mirage, have benefitted greatly from them. If you dont comprehend them, well, thats your own fault, not the FAQ writer