PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-2:International Last Mission

Al Bhed Princess
09-20-2006, 09:27 PM
I got this game on import from japan last month and it is awsome, has anyone else played it?

Armisael
09-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Unfortunately no, i'm from greece! Not a lot of opportunities here!

Marluxiaswife
09-20-2006, 11:21 PM
i wanna play it but i need a japanese ps2, the game is in my room looking at me :(

Al Bhed Princess
09-20-2006, 11:37 PM
awww damn you lol get that ps2. Hehe its an awsome game, you can train fiends and have them in your party! Then you find out about their past lives b4 they became fiends.And including new dresspheres such as the Psycher u can see rikku in it on my avatar.These are the Psycher dressphers. http://darkifrit59.free.fr/images/Psychic%20Rikku.jpg
http://darkifrit59.free.fr/images/Psychic%20Yuna.jpg
http://darkifrit59.free.fr/images/Psychic%20Paine.jpg

yunacy
09-21-2006, 02:57 AM
that looks awsome:( :cry:

Dynast-Kid
09-21-2006, 04:02 AM
Those masks look retarded.

I hear it's much better than the NA version of FFX-2

No.78
09-21-2006, 09:06 AM
I saw footage of this game and they were speaking english, how is this possible?

Al Bhed Princess
09-21-2006, 08:29 PM
This game is much better than the original, sooooo much more to do (and the masks are not retarded). That is definitly impossible the game is in Japnese only.Maybe someone edited it. There are some more dresspheres ill put them up for you to see.Ok these are the Festival-goer dresspheres.
http://www.ffrepublic.com/imageuploader/348-gyskdrdmuo.jpg
http://www.ffrepublic.com/imageuploader/347-kuqvebyymd.jpg
http://www.ffrepublic.com/imageuploader/346-gboraqzhqf.jpg

~SapphireStar~
09-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Pity it didnt get a European release. Ive seen these shots before and seen a Japanese video. The outfits are very cool and its not fair that they werent included :(

Al Bhed Princess
09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Yea its just like KH final mix though, that was unfair. These dresspheres are awsome but very weak. When i played it i stuk mainly with the old dresspheres. But yea maybe if u wanna play it then u should get an import, i know its easier said than done but the ps2 problem is easily solved by certain.....alterations hehe if u get me.

Crossblades
09-21-2006, 09:49 PM
What abilities can these new dresspheres use? And what kind of weapons can they use?

Al Bhed Princess
09-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Well psychers dont have weapons, the light u see comeing from their hands is their weapon.It shots out at the enemy. And festival-goer yuna has those ball weapons, riku the fans and paine well an umbrella hehe. Psychers are weak and use magic skills mostly, and well geomancer is a job class to the same effects.Festival-goer uses magic too but its SOS magic skills. Both very weak dresspheres and really should only be used as back up characters.

Devil Shroom
09-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Well psychers dont have weapons, the light u see comeing from their hands is their weapon.It shots out at the enemy. And festival-goer yuna has those ball weapons, riku the fans and paine well an umbrella hehe. Psychers are weak and use magic skills mostly, and well geomancer is a job class to the same effects.Festival-goer uses magic too but its SOS magic skills. Both very weak dresspheres and really should only be used as back up characters.

That's a fat fan Paine's holding not an umbrella and Rikku...looks like she's got fish in a bag and some candy floss.

Al Bhed Princess
09-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Ahem rikku is actually holding fish in a bag (hence her attack.....fish in a bag lmao) and that is actually a fan sorry to tell u. And paine is holding a fan yes but not in her normal stance.....I will find a picture of paine and her umbrella ok.

ayame
09-22-2006, 10:04 PM
okay those outfits are retareded

No.78
09-22-2006, 10:06 PM

WUT

LOL NO, YOOR RETAREDED

ayame
09-23-2006, 07:28 PM

WUT

LOL NO, YOOR RETAREDED

i was just saying what i thought

Crossblades
09-23-2006, 07:50 PM

WUT

LOL NO, YOOR RETAREDED

He was just teasing you about your spelling

ayame
09-24-2006, 04:41 PM

WUT

LOL NO, YOOR RETAREDED

He was just teasing you about your spelling

ok

sephiroth the dark angel
09-24-2006, 05:11 PM
i.want.that.game.can u train dragon type fiends?

CVFreak
09-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Yea I ordered that along with x international and some shmups and 2d fighters about a month ago also along with a white slim jap ps2.

X-2 is pretty fu%&ing sweet man, has plenty more than what the crappy na and euro version got, the monster arena alone adds tons more replay and last mission is a very fun little added game, I love turn based strategy style rpgs, they polished x-2 up alot also now you see portraits for each job and some of the borders on text is a bit more thin now too.

The packing blows away our's, with that semi metalic overlay even the side is in silver, it's alot better than x international but It's nice to finaly fight the dark aeons and penance along with using the new grid, the bonus dvd is pretty fun too and helps bridge the stuff between both games.

My only gripe with playing int+last mission is I cant speak or read japanese so it can be tedious when scrolling through all the kanji for items to equip, getting 100% would be complete insanity with no understanding, so I just do my best and have alot of fun exploring the new content.

Glad to see there are alot of other importers out there...lets hope they make XII international too!

Tainted Angel
09-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Tell me they use psychic powers instead of weirdness. Like Psykers do.

CVFreak
10-15-2006, 05:19 AM
Yea they have some pretty cool "job abilities" at first they are a tad weak ( the Psyker ds ) but later on it does become a pretty fun and awsome DS.

You have a power which basicly puts the mob into a black hole ( best way to describe it ) and knocks it out of the combat arena/random encounter screen, um their basic attack seems to be blasting tiny energy from their hands and all three girls constantly float off the ground, I havent played around with it too much but it is pretty fun.

Oh later on they can stop real time and your bar still goes, this would come in handy for more than a few fights off the top of my head.

I played around with brother ( you can make solo parties of s,m or l sized creatures/npcs ) as one and he was holding his own pretty well, knocking enemies out of existance and gaining levels like crazy, sadly all creatures/npc's are AI controled but it is not as horrible as it sounds, I had R,P and brother in a cup and both of them died...brother was a whm and he was running around ( these seemingly basic monsters are much much much more harder than their normal versions from re's ) phoenix downing them and curing himself...he lasted about 3-5 mins on his own after they both died and literly cured himself every round between his pathetic dmg and WON for me, my jaw was on the foor haha.

Oh and he does this one funny looking attack that seems to use up mp, its basicly 100 fists from FF11 only on roids.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5025/brothermadnesscq4.jpg

Hahahaha screen shots I took so people can get an idea, he goes a little freakin nuts screaming stuff like "yunnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" or "Invincibleeeeeeeeeeeee gulwingssssssssssssssss" hes a wild SOB! and I plan on giving him DK DS once I hit ch2.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6513/brother3bf3.jpg

Was on the floor for about 30 mins, my gut and cheeks hurting because yes...that is indeed brother using his mofo @$$ to attack enemies, he literly bashes the unholfy f%6K out of them hahaha.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7389/brother2mp4.jpg

Cmon and sing it brother! YMCA!!!

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6859/brother1kx5.jpg

What an ugly mug shot on him, hats off to SE for taking the time to draw portraits for all DS on the girls and monster portraits too.

No.78
10-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Brother?! lol!! What job is he? Can he dressphere change?

CVFreak
10-15-2006, 09:29 AM
Technicly yes, in actual battle like the how the girls have the option to change no, because the npc/monsters are AI controled, meaning they kinda just do whatever they please...but with a helping slant.

Things I have learned on my own through trial and error-anyone else who has played this who can read and understand everythng np can help sort this out but...

1- They lvl up just like the girls do, or they are including on the ending battle screen with the xp just like them.

2- You can give them any garment grid/result plate AND choose to give them any ds you like, excluding the unique special ones that each girl has ( flora, machine etc ) including the two new DS.

3- It would seem that some items cannot be fed or equiped on them, I tried giving Brother the Muscle belt and he simply cannot put it on, many other items can easily be equiped though and...they seem to benefit from the stats of them just like anyone else.

4- I am not too sure if they gain AP or not, if so I have no idea if these abilities are hidden and randomly used by the npc in battle or if you can choose to have them do a set pattern of them, to go into more detail...it seems that you CAN give them auto abilities, through equiping items AND by feeding them certain consumable items.

I was able to gather enough from the 3 options for feeding them that certain items switch around or let them learn new abilities, this would seem right as npc's are blacked out for choosing the abilities to learn normaly, I just dont understand all the menus so I am still learning myself.

My guess is rather than gaining AP you use gil and items to beef them up to learn that stuff...

5-They benefit from the same stat changes that GG's give, for example brother was randomly buffing them with protect etc with the one grid I was using.

6- You can manualy change their DS in the static menu after battles or change their grid just like anyone else including using their already learned whm abilites, so they can act as a healer in case a save sphere is not around but they consume mp using these at the same cost as anyone else.

7- It would seem there is no limit other than the stats maxing themselves or how much gil you have as to how much you can feed them, for example I believe it costs 38 ( yes! ) potions to raise 1 ( godamn ONE! ) hp on them, or from playing around more, 3 phoenx downs to raise hp by 1 also.

Thats about all I can give right now on info for npc party members.

Marluxiaswife
10-20-2006, 06:25 PM
NO FAIR!!
I want to play that game so so badly, if i had a japanese ps2 i would be playing it right now :(

Jessweeee♪
10-21-2006, 03:08 AM
I'm just dying to hear Rikku call Tidus "that guy"

Venom
10-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah I played it and I still wasnt impressed.:(

Shaun_lawless
10-21-2006, 07:53 PM
lol

Yuna Morph
10-24-2006, 04:00 AM
I want this aswell! Why didn't they bloody make an english version? Is there a petition or something to have it done in english?

CVFreak
10-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Couple of reasons why it wont ever come out here unless SE decides to make some FF ps1-p2 like compilation disk with updates or a translation ( would take a good more 5 years at least ).

1- The jp like exclusive stuff, in fact they cry like little bitches over it, example...they demand our bands give them special tracks or remixed tracks for jp onRy releases, meanwhile we do not get these special tracks...even though they are our BANDS.

2- Americans are pretty cheap ass at times, a large majority would not fork over the cash if these were released as the original prices they went for, even if they had been translated exact versions of the international. Some would buy it ( or import it like me or others ) but SE would consider the sales and pass like they already have.

3- After the FF7 fiasco SE has decided to give japan international "expansion" pack like FF re releases, it does not look like that will change and I have high hopes for an FF12 international...even if I cant read it, at least it will be the best version.

Its not just FF though, there is tons and tons of 2d fighters and shmups that will never come over here due to the finicky bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif sales in the US for certain genres, so some of us have no choice but to import or chip our console. Hell I am importing Front Mission 5 this week simply because I know it will never come out here because nobody would buy it other than hardcore mech srpg fans.