PDA

View Full Version : The Common Cold

Goldenboko
09-20-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm starting to get a cold:( does anyone have any good family secrets or anything like that to keep the cold away?

I Took the Red Pill
09-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Soup :bigsmile:

Or, y'know, get off the internet and get some rest.

Jessweeee♪
09-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Odd...I just got over a cold....

Jowy
09-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Drink an entire bottle of NyQuil and when you wake up the week after falling asleep, you'll feel fine. ^_^

(this is a terrible idea, please don't overdose)

Honestly, I just hop myself up on decongestants and muscle through it.

Anaisa
09-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Vitamin C will help.

Psychotic
09-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Chewable orange flavoured vitamin C tablets are now your candy. Gorge on them.

Goldenboko
09-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Drink an entire bottle of NyQuil and when you wake up the week after falling asleep, you'll feel fine. ^_^

(this is a terrible idea, please don't overdose)

Honestly, I just hop myself up on decongestants and muscle through it.

Soup :bigsmile:

Or, y'know, get off the internet and get some rest.

My usuall plan once I get it...

But I'm asking does anyone have a way to stop the cold from starting that's a family kind of thing, like how my Grandmother always used to tell me...

Eat lots of tomatoes!

Sounds disgusting.... I can I have orange juice instead?

Tavrobel
09-20-2006, 11:37 PM

Yes, but those chewables usually taste like candy, especially the old-school Flintstones ones.

Psychotic
09-20-2006, 11:39 PM

Sounds disgusting.... I can I have orange juice instead?They aren't disgusting, I assure you. Or at least the ones I had last winter weren't. But hey, orange juice works too.

Rye
09-20-2006, 11:44 PM

Yes, but those chewables usually taste like candy, especially the old-school Flintstones ones.

I looked through my new Flintstone Chewables and ORANGE IS GONE. ;________; I dunno if its because I got the special iron one because now that I'm not eating meat anymore, I need iron, but the oranges were like candy. Maybe they took them out because they were TOO good. :(

Faris
09-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Vitamin C

or live in a bubble.

Goldenboko
09-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Vitamin C

or live in a bubble.

Bubble Boy!

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005Y412.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sylvie
09-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I usually take Motrin and sometimes some Tylenol.

Araciel
09-21-2006, 01:17 AM
your body can't absorb more than 1000 mg of vitamin c in a day...so two of those tablets are pretty much where it ends....and by the time the elevated C content in your body begins to actually strengthen your immune system, the cold is probably gone anyway...

but placebos rule anyway!! eat the things and drink sunny D till you get better

Evastio
09-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Orange juice works. It's preferred if it's 100% natural so you get all the vitamin C. Or even better eat an orange. Not only do you get a good supply of vitamin C but you'll also get some fibre out of it.

If you want to make sure you don't get a stuffy nose avoid facing down because that makes your mucus rush towards your nose.

sephirothishere
09-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm starting to get a cold does anyone have any good family secrets or anything like that to keep the cold away?

hot chicks and lots of em.....STAT....hahahahahahaahhaahahhahahaha

McLovin'
09-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Seriously, a good way to stop coughing and runny noses for at least 20 minutes is to gargle salt in water a couple of times. Repeat for full enjoyment!

Polaris
09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
soup, hot tea or honey! :D

Starlight Roxas and Sora
09-21-2006, 09:54 PM
looks like were in the same boat buddy! I just got a cold today aswell, and I feel like hell. I took some Tylonal, but it doesn't seem to be working, well atleast my eyes have stopped watering and arn't red anymore. Best medicine I heard was to stay active, apparently it's been proven that it's a better way to get rid of it faster! But my suggestion is to just come on to this forum and ramble on about things, annoying people! XD

starseeker
09-21-2006, 10:03 PM
A nice hot cup of tea (chamomile works particularly well) or honey and lemon juice in hot water.

Goldenboko
09-21-2006, 11:25 PM
*ACHOOOO!* Well, the Vitamn C didn't work I'm sick! But I'm starting to feel better. I'm on the computer cause when I stopped focusing on something (I was studying for a test) I got a fever. Hopefully I'll be back in school by tommorow. *ACHOOOOO!*

Decessus
09-21-2006, 11:28 PM
*ACHOOOO!* Well, the Vitamn C didn't work I'm sick! But I'm starting to feel better. I'm on the computer cause when I stopped focusing on something (I was studying for a test) I got a fever. Hopefully I'll be back in school by tommorow. *ACHOOOOO!*

Yang fanboy.