PDA

View Full Version : How often do you edit your posts?

Vincent, Thunder God
09-21-2006, 12:33 AM
So how often do you edit your posts will on Eoff, and if you edit, how often do you specify what has been edited? By specifying I mean either writng "EDIT:" or writng a reason. Choose the poll option that fits best for you.

I edit my posts very often. Instead of proof-reading before posting my messages or previewing, I proof-read after, and almost always find a minor spelling error (due to typing mostly, I'm a bad typer, but a very good speller). Either that, or I add something that comes to mind, or slightly change my wording. Usually I post before reading anything else but the first post, and sometimes I add something after I've read the comments preceding mine. Usually I don't specify the edit.

Araciel
09-21-2006, 12:35 AM
all the time

EDIT

i mean never

Rase
09-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Whenever I notice a mistake, I always edit it. This is usually after reading over it twice, or if it's a really long post, Copy/Pasting it to Word and spell checking it.

I usually just put "Typo" under the reason thing.

Vikeve
09-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Sometimes i'll rant on about something that could get me banned then i come to my senses and edit it. Thank the lord for the edit button.

If i notice a spelling mistake i'll fix it thats about it.

Tavrobel
09-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Usually when I want to add something that's relevant to the case, or if I notice an error of some sort. This often occurs when someone posts between me and the last reply. I've yet to use a reason, though.

Decessus
09-21-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't edit.
Edit: Editing is for losers.
Edit: Ignore that.

XxSephirothxX
09-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Not that often. I'm generally pretty good with spelling, so I don't have to edit them to fix that so much. Of course, it happens. I probably edit a post every day or two because I forgot to include some information, but I can't remember the last time I specified a reason. :p

Cz
09-21-2006, 12:51 AM
I edit about half of my posts, usually to correct a typo or reword a phrase I'm not happy with. I never give a reason, except for the sake of humour.

LunarWeaver
09-21-2006, 12:52 AM
I have a horrible tendency of leaving entire words out of sentences because it made sense in my head but not when I typed it out. I read it and read it before I hit "Post", but I'm cursed and still can't see it until afterwards.

Sometimes it's just to add things, but I don't specify what it's for usually.

Acid Raine
09-21-2006, 12:53 AM
I only edit when I make mistakes, and since I never make mistakes, I never edit.

Evastio
09-21-2006, 12:53 AM
I edit my posts all the time since when I read my post to myself after I post it I think someone might misintepret my post incorrectly so I make my post more clear.

Agent Proto
09-21-2006, 12:56 AM
I edit my posts sometimes.

Edit: Usually, I edit my posts when I have something I want to add so or when I want to correct a typo/fix grammar/etc. For the moment, I editted this post 5 times because I want it to be "perfect".

Edit2: Sixth for good measure.

Edit:3 I don't add a reason for my editing because that's for losers!

kikimm
09-21-2006, 12:57 AM
It's usually just for spelling. And once in awhile to add an extra sentence onto the end. But normally I spend a long time pondering about what exactly to write so it's not something that happens often!

And I never put a reason. That is silly.

Evastio
09-21-2006, 01:01 AM
It's usually just for spelling. And once in awhile to add an extra sentence onto the end. But normally I spend a long time pondering about what exactly to write so it's not something that happens often!

And I never put a reason. That is silly.
Aren't you suppose to? :confused:

After all the Cid's Knights are the ones that added the space where you put your reason for editing your posts.

I think. :confused:

Leen-Leen
09-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Usually, I type in the quick-reply box and press "enter" too fast before I'm able to catch a mistake. So I use it often.

EDIT: I've just used it. o.0

Giga Guess
09-21-2006, 01:27 AM
I usually edit to correct a spelling mistake, so it's never even worth commenting on. But I do it quite often.

Christmas
09-21-2006, 03:23 AM
We have the mods to edit it for you, DUH.

Tasura
09-21-2006, 03:34 AM
I dont really care to much for spelling, mainly ebcuase it's easly figured out words, like the one I made a few words ago, but If I want to add something, or subtract something I edit, and I dont give reasons. =o

Freya
09-21-2006, 03:42 AM
I do all the time. I'm the queen of typos. Like I'll think faster than I type so I end up going ahead of my self and leaving things out. Or I don't pay attention and hit enter before I'm ready. I also edit my "i"s because I always forget to capitlize them, a certain mod who starts with P and ends with sychotic(bet you can't guess), nagged me once for not doing it so, alas that's really what I edit.

EDIT:forgot an I....

I Took the Red Pill
09-21-2006, 03:51 AM
I edit the majority of my posts because after I go over the post in my head I'll either be unhappy with what's there or want to add something else. I will not edit this post.

Edit: OK fine, I did because I saw a mistake in the post. This is not a lame joke to coincide with the thread. :)

rubah
09-21-2006, 04:02 AM
I usually do a [edit-] if I remember something I forgot to say or notice another post i want to reply to! but I don't use that for quotes ;o Maybe about 40%

Zeromus_X
09-21-2006, 04:17 AM
Um...whenever it's necessary? :confused:

Mo-Nercy
09-21-2006, 04:36 AM
I go back for spelling and grammatical errors sometimes, but those of you that have read my posts throughly enough know I don't do that very often.

I tend to be indecisive about my smilies so sometimes I'll go back and change the smilie if I don't think I've depicted the right emotion. :D

Because those are usually the only reasons I ever edit my posts, I tend not eo specify. There are exceptions though, such as when I'm posting in the FF forums and I've forgotton to say something about beating a certain boss or whatever.

Chibi Youkai
09-21-2006, 04:42 AM
I rarely ever edit, as I check my spelling before I post, and then, if I do edit, I generally give a reason.

Jowy
09-21-2006, 04:56 AM
I only really edit mine if there's a grammatical error or an open tag or something.

Yuffie514
09-21-2006, 05:16 AM
i edit most of the posts i make, but i rarely put an EDIT: at the bottom, unless i am posting in response to someone else.

theundeadhero
09-21-2006, 06:52 AM
I edit about 50%-75% of my posts for spelling or grammar errors. Soemtimes to reword or add things to them. Or take things away. If I write a reason it's never what I really mean.

Rainecloud
09-21-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm usually unhappy with my posts, and I nearly always end up changing them.

It's the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder kicking in.

DarkLadyNyara
09-21-2006, 08:19 AM
If I make a typo or word something badly, I will edit. I virtually never specify.

Levian
09-21-2006, 08:23 AM
I edit my posts more often than not. Mainly to fix spelling or to rephrase something

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
:shifty: Only when Ryushikazie is around.

The Devil Man
09-21-2006, 11:56 AM
I like this Thread! It's excellent :)

I almost always edit my Posts but I never specify because on other Forums I have used in the past they never had that option at all. I think I'll get used to it eventually and will start to specify.

I edit my Posts for the same reasons. Sometimes there is bad grammar, sometimes I may have missed a word out, sometimes I want to change a word or crop some sentences. Sometimes the point I am making is not very clear... as you all know, I make a lot of Threads and I realised people dont always read the First Post if there are a lot of replies or a lot of pages. So I try and make my Point faster in Threads nowadays :) And just basically make tidy-ups.

NorthernChaosGod
09-22-2006, 04:35 AM
I can't ever recall editing a post here.

Fuego
09-22-2006, 04:44 AM
***Edit***
what am i posting about again :lol: :shifty: :lol: