PDA

View Full Version : King of Fighters 2006

Erdrick Holmes
09-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Anybody get a chance to play this yet? I heard it more than made up for how bad it's last 3D KoF was.

Also, please tell me how one can unlock Feety McKickenhiemer? (Kim Kaphwan)

JKTrix
09-21-2006, 06:04 PM
I didn't think Maximum Impact was a terrible game, I've certainly played much worse. KOF 2006 wasn't out in Bermuda yet when I left, though I'm in Japan right now and I might be able to pick up an import copy.

I'm having a blast in the arcades here though, Virtua Fighter 5 is freakin' awesome.

~SapphireStar~
09-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Ive never played King of Fighters. When I get some cash together, I may look into this one.

Dreddz
09-21-2006, 06:12 PM
I personally dont see much difference between this and Maximum Impact, but I may pick it up. I mean its a KOF game, they all turn out awesome in the end.

Erdrick Holmes
09-22-2006, 01:38 AM
I didn't think Maximum Impact was a terrible game, I've certainly played much worse. KOF 2006 wasn't out in Bermuda yet when I left, though I'm in Japan right now and I might be able to pick up an import copy.

I'm having a blast in the arcades here though, Virtua Fighter 5 is freakin' awesome.

... the hell? Virtua Fighter 5? That's out in Japan?

JKTrix
09-22-2006, 01:43 AM
I'll make a new topic :p

If you never played a KOF before, I don't think you should start with the 3D versions, though it wouldn't be too bad if you did. Perhaps the reason for them branching out into 3D was to encourage more people to get into the series

Brandon Stroud
09-25-2006, 10:57 PM
I own the JP and US releases of King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2/2006 and I can tell you, right now, that there is a great leap forward between MI and MI2.

The voice acting is better. Not by much, but better. Especially on the parts of Kyo, Ryo, Alba and Soiree. All in all, you really get into the characters a bit more. This also has to do with the fact that now... ALL of the initially selectable characters have a story and greater interaction between them. On the topic of voices in KOF MI2, if you don't like the English or are a complete and utter anal-retentive purist, there is a dual audio and subtitling option. Although, expect the classic SNKPlaymore localization. *lol*

The gameplay itself and the visuals is where this game BLOWS it's predecessor out of the freaking water. Tighter controls, new systems like Sabaki/Hi and Lo Parrying, improved sidestepping and "bread-and-butter" combos (i.e. C ---> any special or DM), new Specials and DM's for EVERY returning character... This game must be seen to be believed. Speaking of which, love it or not, Falcoon has really gone the extra mile with his attention to detail on the character models and each one of their 16 outfits/color variations shows this. Need any more info, just ask.

Note: To unlock the Kick Commander, simply beat the Story Mode once (I think it's once) with any character.

Lionx
09-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Isnt B&B combos, combos that you do for max damage/stun without a super..?

How is this..? My friend got it today but i havent got a chance to play this...but somehow i doubt theres gonna be enough competition for this game..its America after all.

Brandon Stroud
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Isnt B&B combos, combos that you do for max damage/stun without a super..?

How is this..? My friend got it today but i havent got a chance to play this...but somehow i doubt theres gonna be enough competition for this game..its America after all.
B&B isn't so much maximum damage or stun potential, so much as it is basic combos that are a staple of certain characters' strategy.

JKTrix
09-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Just thought I'd point this out, this was outside the Makuhari Messe at TGS
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/Japan/IMG_0116.jpg
That's 'KOF: Maximum Impact Alpha'

Brandon Stroud
09-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Just thought I'd point this out, this was outside the Makuhari Messe at TGS
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/Japan/IMG_0116.jpg
That's 'KOF: Maximum Impact Alpha'Actually, the title is "KOF Maximum Impact: Regulation A." But, Alpha works just as well. Now that I think about it, it sounds a WHOOOOOLE lot better. *lol*