PDA

View Full Version : the best games you've never played

Araciel
09-21-2006, 08:24 AM
just curious,

what are the most popular, most awarded, highly touted, blockbuster, or even over-rated games that you just never got around to playing?

i can think of a few for me....devil may cry series, final fantasy X, xenogears (only very big in this community, i'm assuming)

ValkyrieWing
09-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Devil May Cry, and Xenosaga.

Just...got into Suikoden instead. :P

Araciel
09-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Devil May Cry, and Xenosaga.

Just...got into Suikoden instead. :P

i'm sure most would say you chose well

ooh plus god of war

ValkyrieWing
09-21-2006, 08:28 AM
I KNOW they will ;)

LunarWeaver
09-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Super Smash Bros. =( And I've never played any of the Sims.

Araciel
09-21-2006, 08:33 AM
sims...heheh it was fun when i designed my house but that was it

vorpal blade
09-21-2006, 09:06 AM
I've played no Suikoden games, no Phantasy star games and (not?) a lot of others.

~SapphireStar~
09-21-2006, 09:43 AM
The Halo series. Never had the urge to play them.

Mo-Nercy
09-21-2006, 09:55 AM
God of War and Suikoden.

I plan to play God of War very soon but the Suikodens, though it's been on my to-do list for a very long time, look as if their going to stay unplayed. :D

The Infinite Telomerase
09-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Star Ocean Series (started playing 1, got bored), Devil May Cry series, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Suikoden series (although just started playing 2...I'm not all that impressed), Chrono Series (started playing Chrono Trigger, got bored), Vagrant Story (started, got bored), World of Warcraft, Tales Series (Started playing Phantasia, got bored), Dragon Quest series, Phantasy Star series, Lunar series, Fallout, Baldur's Gate series etc etc etc

Probably more. Can't be bothered thinking right now though.

~SapphireStar~
09-21-2006, 11:07 AM
So what games do you actually play? Most of them on that list are beyond excellent.

The Infinite Telomerase
09-21-2006, 11:16 AM
I find most FF games, Tekken (mindless entertainment is underrated) and the Xeno series to my liking (even if Xenogears was rather botched).

I would play most of those games if I could get a hold of them though ,minus the ones I listed that where either boring or derivative.

EDIT: And Baldur's Gate. High Fantasy can eat me.

Nifleheim7
09-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Too many to mention...:cry:

Polaris
09-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Street fighter,Vagrant Story, I was kinda curious to play Galerians also... Resident Evil! :( So many... :cry:

Vermachtnis
09-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Halo and God of War. Halo is a conscience descion, but I wanna play God of War, but I heard there's this one scene...

RiseToFall
09-24-2006, 05:28 AM
Halo and God of War. Halo is a conscience descion, but I wanna play God of War, but I heard there's this one scene...

If your talking about the threesome scene, I give it two thumbs up.:D

Lynx
09-24-2006, 05:37 AM
valkyrie profile, and alter iris or however you spell it.

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 05:42 AM
I wanna play Suikoden. :(

Dreddz
09-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Metroid Prime, Ninja Gaiden ( Xbox ), Mario Kart DS and God Of War.

Mirage
09-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Halo, Half Life 2, Counterstrike.

Skarr
09-24-2006, 05:57 PM
The Metriod and Zelda series. I don't care to much for metroid, but whenever I get a chance I will begin my obsession on Zelda.

Freya
09-24-2006, 05:58 PM
I've played no Suikoden games, no Phantasy star games. That'd be me

Vagrant Story (started, got bored), World of Warcraft

Yeah Me either with the Vagrant story, Other wise most of theses games people listed i've beat. But no WoW. You people must be crazy. I think infact i'll go play it now.... or Sims 2..... WOOO sims doing naughty things!

Fatal Impurity
09-24-2006, 06:16 PM
vagrant story, god of war, sims (looks crap and pointless so ill never play it), crono cross, parasite eve 1, star ocean, suikoden (too goddamn rare!), panzer dragoon saga (again too goddamn rare), shenmue 1 & 2 (rare expensive plus im lazy lol), sonic adventure 2 (couldnt be bothered to pay £20 for a 5 year old dreamcast game), fable (no xbox *cries*), xenogears (i live in the uk *cries again*), valkryie profile (is that out in the uk cos i cant find it anywhere!), phantasy star online (looks cool but i'd prefer to play FF11 and runescape lol), FF13 (for obvious reasons), FF tactics (wasnt realeased over here *evil glare*)

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 06:40 PM
valkryie profile (is that out in the uk cos i cant find it anywhere!)

I know that the PSP port is out in Europe, so that's an option. I don't know about the PS1 version though.

Ashley Schovitz
09-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Haven't still played Xenosaga, Shadow of the Colossus or Devil May Cry yet it's just a matter of money and buying games that I know that I'll like first.

Shion Strife
09-24-2006, 07:39 PM
well probably any good games that arent rpgs...i only play rpgs so i guess id be missing out on lots o other games....

i never reallly got into the shadow hearts series, the tales, series or suikoden series...ive played suikoden tactics and loved it but dont have any of the others...

instead i got WAY into xenosaga:mog: best friggin obsession ever!!!!!!

Dreddz
09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
valkryie profile (is that out in the uk cos i cant find it anywhere!)

I know that the PSP port is out in Europe, so that's an option. I don't know about the PS1 version though.

The PS1 version was never released in Europe. And the PSP hasnt been released in Europe either. But seeing as the PSP is region free, you can import the US version.

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 07:47 PM
It hasn't? :cat: Okay, well, that explains a bit. My mistake.

Rase
09-24-2006, 09:17 PM
There are a whole lot. Here are some I'd actually like to play someday:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Half Life (1 and 2)
Ninja Gaiden
God of War
Valkyrie Profile

Madame Adequate
09-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Shadow of the Colussus comes to mind. Ninja Gaiden, too.

Rainecloud
09-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Xenosaga, Shadow of the Colossus, Suikoden II, Earthbound, Banjo Tooie, Grandia II, Chrono Trigger...

I could go on and on.

XxSephirothxX
09-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Metal Gear Solid. I did start The Twin Snakes, and I was really interested in the storyline, but the gameplay really didn't do anything for me and I just never came back to it. I've never been much for stealth games.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-24-2006, 10:50 PM
I've always wanted to play the first Shenmue game, because the second one was so good. Unfortunately it was only released on the short-lived Sega Dreamcast, and I didn't bother to buy one because they released it at a bad time and I new it wouldn't last long. There's no way I'm buying a second-hand Dreamcast just to play Shenmue. If only I knew someone who had a Dreamcast and the game so I could borrow both and play it through once.

RiseToFall
09-24-2006, 11:53 PM
There's no way I'm buying a second-hand Dreamcast just to play Shenmue.

That's actually what I did, I bought the game and the system off my buddy for $50 a couple years back.

Madame Adequate
09-25-2006, 01:44 AM

That's actually what I did, I bought the game and the system off my buddy for $50 a couple years back.

I got a DC to play Shenmue I & II, and Skies of Arcadia. I paid around £80 (About $140) for everything.

Totally freaking worth every last penny. <333 Dreamcast.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-25-2006, 02:29 AM

I got a DC to play Shenmue I & II, and Skies of Arcadia. I paid around £80 (About $140) for everything.

Totally freaking worth every last penny. <333 Dreamcast.

I'm saving up for the PS3 right now (and games and CDs) so I can't spend money on that right now. I also don't know anywhere that sells a Dreamcast either.

Maybe I could play it on a Dreamcast emulator.

The Unknown Guru
09-27-2006, 03:31 AM
Xenosaga and FF7. I actually want to play FF9 before 7, though.

black orb
09-27-2006, 03:42 AM
>>> Disgaea games..

Duncan
09-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Zelda series. I tried playing the very first game a while back and could not figure out the appeal. I keep thinking that I'm going to play that series, but then I think about the horrible experience I had with Legend of Zelda and the urge goes down. I think that if I were to play the Zelda games, I'd have to skip Zelda I & II and start with Ocarina of Time.

LunarWeaver
09-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Zelda series. I tried playing the very first game a while back and could not figure out the appeal. I keep thinking that I'm going to play that series, but then I think about the horrible experience I had with Legend of Zelda and the urge goes down. I think that if I were to play the Zelda games, I'd have to skip Zelda I & II and start with Ocarina of Time.

Oh my, you should definitely give it another chance someday :jess: The first Zelda is fine and all in relation to its time, but it doesn't compare to the greatness the later games achieved, Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker especially in my opinion. I don't hold them in quite the same "ultimate series ever" esteem as many others do, but they are quite fun and very well put together. Don't let that that first one put you off! (As for II, I just pretend it doesn't exist at all :shifty:)

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention Halo and World of Warcraft for me before. Two games I'd love to try but just haven't.

Yuffie514
09-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Xenogears...was i afraid to be different?
Star Ocean...i was thinking about starting Till The End of Time
Legend of Dragoon...to my brother, it was one of the best

NorthernChaosGod
09-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Suikoden.

Oh my, you should definitely give it another chance someday :jess: The first Zelda is fine and all in relation to its time, but it doesn't compare to the greatness the later games achieved, Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker especially in my opinion. I don't hold them in quite the same "ultimate series ever" esteem as many others do, but they are quite fun and very well put together. Don't let that that first one put you off! (As for II, I just pretend it doesn't exist at all :shifty:)
Argh! How could you forget A Link to the Past?!

Duncan
09-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Suikoden.

Argh! How could you forget A Link to the Past?!

Well perhaps once I get my Wii I'll get Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.

Fatal Impurity
09-27-2006, 01:58 PM
majoras mask ruled and it was VERY different to the rest but out of all of them ocarina of time OWNS :D

Cid Vicious
09-27-2006, 02:50 PM
I've alway's liked the look of ICO, Shadow of the Colossusand Goid of War. But have never played them.