PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one that has problems leveling maria up??

Tyrel1985
09-21-2006, 08:59 AM
ok well im a decent amount of the way into the game(just beat the ice cavern)and maria hasnt leveled up barely at all since i started the game...:confused:what could be causing this??shes still at like 36hp and the rest of my guys are over 200...i even ran around in the ice cavern for like an hour trying to level he up but it didint work...and i have to say this is the weirdest FF ive played yet:tongue:

DarkLadyNyara
09-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Is she still in the back row? If so, there's your problem.

Tyrel1985
09-21-2006, 09:05 AM
oh man i knew it musta been somthin stupid like that *smacks forehead*

thanks lol:tongue:

Sefie1999AD
09-21-2006, 04:44 PM
The ones in the back row can't get hit by physical attacks unless the characters on the front row die. That's why, the characters in the back gain HP very rarely. I can't really suggest having back row characters. You can only use a bow in the back row, and bows aren't as powerful as many other weapons. This means a bow-user isn't really a good fighter, and a bow-user isn't a good mage, either, because the bows give your characters some huge intelligence and soul penalties.

DJZen
09-21-2006, 11:15 PM
It made more sense in the Famicom and PS1 versions to keep a character in the back row, since Vitality going up meant Intelligence going down.

Evastio
10-03-2006, 11:15 PM
No it didn't. This is how it went:

Strength goes down when Spirit goes up.
Intelligence goes down when Strength goes up.
Vitality goes down when Intelligence goes up.

Fireblade13
10-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah I usually just take my guys out of the back row immediatly as being in the back row causes mages to just kill your backer in one hit.

DJZen
10-06-2006, 11:31 PM
No it didn't. This is how it went:

Strength goes down when Spirit goes up.
Intelligence goes down when Strength goes up.
Vitality goes down when Intelligence goes up.

Right, got it backwards. Anyway, the point still holds that it makes more sense on the FC.

Hayabusa
11-01-2006, 05:29 PM
I just beat the hell out of her with my own guys and healed her...it's cheap....but she gained HP that way.

Sefie1999AD
11-01-2006, 07:01 PM
That works for leveling up Maria's HP, but if the other characters deal a lot of damage with their weapons and Maria has a very low HP, there's a big chance of your weapons doing too much damage for her, killing her. If that happens, I think she can still gain HP at the end of the battle if you manage to revive her during the battle, but it's very tedious killing her first and then reviving her, and meanwhile, the enemies are either constantly trying to run away or beating up your party. :p

Martyr
11-01-2006, 07:37 PM
If you're saying that Maria is the caster, and the weapons are superpowerful, then have maria cast spells on herself to raise her HPs.

Maybe Guy does 1200 damage every time, and so does Maria's lv. 12 Flare. But Her lv. 4 Aero doesn't. Use that.

Peter_20
11-25-2006, 03:04 PM
The ones in the back row can't get hit by physical attacks unless the characters on the front row die.Actually, they can.
Some enemies use flashy physical attacks that even hit chars in the back row, and arrows probably count as physical attacks too.
However, you ARE covered from most physical attacks, that's true.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-07-2006, 06:37 PM
HP increases when you get hit. I didn't figure that out around until Josef got killed

DarkLadyNyara
12-09-2006, 03:55 AM
The ones in the back row can't get hit by physical attacks unless the characters on the front row die.Actually, they can.
Some enemies use flashy physical attacks that even hit chars in the back row, and arrows probably count as physical attacks too.
However, you ARE covered from most physical attacks, that's true.

Arrows fall into a different category. Remember, bows can be used from the back row too. If it uses MP (and arrows do) I don't consider it a physical attack.