PDA

View Full Version : What if's....

Dark Messenger
09-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Just a few interesting thoughts...

1. What if Orlandu was ever an enemy?

2. What if Archaic/Ultima Demons could join your team?

3. What if you could use two guns?

And finally....

4. What if Rafa and Malak were more useful?

BG-57
09-21-2006, 07:40 PM

Well he and Balbanes fought on opposite sides of the war before. But they were more adversaries than enemies. I would picture him as always honorable, like Rubicant in FFIV; healing his foes first then kicking their tails.

That would be cool of course, but overpowered for regular combat. Imagine a party of Lucavi though! :mwahaha:

You could stage Western-style gunfights then.

I would actually use their default professions, which I totally ignore right now. At least Rafa's Brave is natually low enough to make her a useful Mediator/Treasure hunter.

LunarWeaver
09-21-2006, 07:48 PM

Well, we'd be in deep crap.

Sounds good to me.

Mustadio would become twice as cool as he already is :jess:

Then I'd actually use them :cat:

dodhungry
09-22-2006, 04:39 AM
Ah! /panic:eek: Maybe Meliadul would have found a place in my party and Agrias would not still be lvl 50

I have actually always wished this..... but then again having some differnt jobs *cough assassins* or Bezerker

lol I think this could be kinda fun Maybe I would create a team of chemist with the special guns then

I would still kill them for j/p and exp and revive them and repeat no matter how *usefull* they are........thats about as *usefull* to me as it gets

Zeromus_X
09-22-2006, 04:58 AM

Well, we'd be in deep crap.

Sounds good to me.

Mustadio would become twice as cool as he already is :jess:

Then I'd actually use them :cat:

Lich3636
09-22-2006, 05:44 AM
what if algus never shot teta?

strange to think the entire war could have changed drasticaly if 1 person did not get shot

vorpal blade
09-22-2006, 11:41 AM
1. If Orlandu was the enemy, no one would have beaten the game without cheating.
2. The game wouldn't be challenging at all.
3. Neat.
4. same as LunarWeaver

MogThief
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Just a few interesting thoughts...

I'd run.

I would use them sometimes.

I'd take full advantage of it, having Mustadio or chemists with two guns.

And finally....

More useful? Meaning their skills are not random at all? They would probably be the best units. I already use them a lot, so I would keep using them.

LoKuS
09-28-2006, 02:51 AM
1. He would die
2. I wouldn't use them
3.Wouldn't matter to me
4. I still wouldn't use them

Bloodline666
09-28-2006, 07:46 AM

Two words: GAME OVER!

I'd use a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifload of them in battle at all times. :D

I'd essentially do drive-bys while riding a chocobo.

I wouldn't be ditching them to begin with!

yuno
10-03-2006, 01:24 PM
why are people all too scared of orlandu???

1. He (Orlandu) would die
amen,man.

Ragnarok
10-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah no joke, one calculator could own Orlandu, not to mention several other classes and combinations.

dodhungry
10-04-2006, 02:24 PM
that is if you calculators would even get a turn before Orlandu would get his 3 in because of 1) Excalibur has auto haste and 2) Calculator is slow as crap.

So if Orlandu could move and use Lighting Stab befor you even get a chance to move once then I think your screwed over just a bit:D

BG-57
10-04-2006, 02:34 PM
It's certainly possible to set up situations where Orlandu can be defeated, but that hardly suggests he's a pushover. I would say he ties with Beowulf as the strongest and most versatile character in the game.

Of course, in my game, Orlandu is a Holy Swordsman with Math Skills, so he can have the best of both worlds. :D

feioncastor
10-05-2006, 12:38 AM

Well he and Balbanes fought on opposite sides of the war before. But they were more adversaries than enemies. I would picture him as always honorable, like Rubicant in FFIV; healing his foes first then kicking their tails.

Actually, he and Balbanes weren't on opposite sides during the Fifty Years War. That war was between Ivalice and some other country (I think called Ordalia or something, I'm not sure). The war where you have Larg/Hokuten vs. Goltana/Nanten (the Lion War) takes place after the Fifty Years War ended. The Lion War was a civil war between different regions of Ivalice, competing for the throne. As you know, Balbanes died at the tail end of the Fifty Year war, a bit before the Lion War broke out.

1. If Orlandu were an enemy, I too would picture him as being a lot like good old Rubicant, from FF4. Being kind and respectable, even chivalrous, and then once the formal fighting begins, you'd be screwed. But I'd kill him. Just because I dont' lose in FFT anymore. I used to lose a lot, but I don't anymore. Ever.

2. I wouldn't use them at all. I never use monsters. I've never seriously made use of a monster. Except to ride Chocobos, and even then, I'd rather have another versatile human unit fill that space.

3. I've often wondered why they can't! It's not like a bow where you get the little two hand icon. It's considered a 1-handed weapon, and for some reason, you can't give them two!

4. Your word choice of "more useful" implies that they were useful, but could stand to be a bit more useful. I disagree. They were both entirely useless. I kept them only because they're unique. But quite frankly, when I got to a point in the game where I was recruiting a "Heaven Knight" and a "Hell Knight", I expected a little more than what was delivered. In fact, I expected A LOT more. I mean, those two couldn't hold up against anything. There is no situation in the game where they'd be useful. Even where their skill do hit the enemy, they really don't do that much damage.

Lynx
10-05-2006, 02:39 AM
id kill him

id kill them

id kill everyone!!!!!!! id fight battles with just one person and snipe everyone.
And finally....

i still wouldnt use them there personalitys bored me and thats reason enough for me not to use them. unless they had orlandu's abilities.

BG-57
10-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Actually, he and Balbanes weren't on opposite sides during the Fifty Years War. That war was between Ivalice and some other country (I think called Ordalia or something, I'm not sure). The war where you have Larg/Hokuten vs. Goltana/Nanten (the Lion War) takes place after the Fifty Years War ended. The Lion War was a civil war between different regions of Ivalice, competing for the throne. As you know, Balbanes died at the tail end of the Fifty Year war, a bit before the Lion War broke out.

You have a point. Still, the Nanten and Hokuten may have been allies during the Fifty Year's War, but I doubt they were chummy. No doubt they were used by Larg and Goltana to curry favor with the King. Ivalice may be a single country on paper, but it still has strong regional identity within.

I imagine that Balbanes and Orlandu were friendly rivals who didn't share their underlings' antipathy. Considering that Orlandu let a young Ramza try to wield his sword.

Ordalia lies to the east of Ivalice. The only other foreign country that appears in the game is Romanda, to the north.