PDA

View Full Version : Weapons in the Japanese Version

Horlanda
09-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi everybody, i've recently been playing the japanese version of final fantasy and experienced some weird stuff regarding what happens with Weapons. Besides the absence of Ruby & Emerald which i was aware of, I can't get to fight the Diamond Weapon, when Cloud runs into it, a small scene plays but there's no actual fight.
Now, for a bigger problem, I've bumped into Ultimate Weapon during Disc 2 at the Junon Crater after completing the huge materia quest, it left the fight and flew away but hasn't stopped since! I'm on disc 3 right now and have completed several subquest, but Ultimate Weapon keeps on wandering around and never stops. I can't get to fight it by bumping it with the Highwind either, which also means i can't get Clad's ultimate weapon :(
Is that normal on the japanese version? or could it be because i tried to fight ultimate weapon at too early a point in the game ?

cloud21zidane16
09-21-2006, 08:31 PM
sorry cant help you there but, once ultimate weapon is flying around there is never a point of fighting it to early or it wouldnt be there

Zeromus_X
09-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Ruby and Emerald WEAPONS, along with the fight against Diamond WEAPON, were not in the original Japanese version of Final Fantasy VII. They were added into outside versions, and the Japanese 'Final Fantasy VII International', however.