PDA

View Full Version : Do i sound..... Dull?

Marluxiaswife
09-22-2006, 04:39 AM
well i'm at a new school, and these two girls try talking to me, but i asked if they played video games they said no :eek:

and i was trying to talking about other things but i had the feeling i was acting dull,

i love final fantasy,kingdomhearts1 & 2,Parasite Eve 1 and the Mario Series,
my fav shows are TaleSpin,Pink Pather, Duck Tales and Gooftrops

my only closes friend is the one who thinks i'm cool, i think she is cool too.

but people don't talk to me and her like how are old school was
the girls seem like there trying to get guys to look at them and talk to them, the guys are butts, and me and my closes friend is all ways see each other at lunch.

but i'm happy i have one close friend, but i get the feeling people think we are dull.... and boaring..... makes me mad

whats wrong with us?, cause we don't want to be shy it's just we can't start acting like big mouths and get bad grades..... :(

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-22-2006, 04:53 AM
Sweety, you gotta understand that Highschool is the introduction to pseudo-society.

Most of these people are only playing roles with social masks. They get with a crew, clic, status quo, and belittle anyone outside of their circle to gain the illusionary power of popularity.

Look at it like this. They'll never understand you and you'll probably understand them; such is the benefit of the outside looking in.

Or look at it like this: The internet. Here you are on a website of a gathering of people with a common interest. Not liked-minded mind you. But shared interest. Like your friend.

They have 'friends', that share a common interest of being 'cool' or popular. Basically, their hypocritical bigots. If someone is more cooler than they, they throw a fuss for no reason.

I'm getting tired, but I'll leave you with this...

I know that you have your one friend that you mentioned as far as I know, and that doesn't seem to be enough. It's scary feeling out numbered.

But think of this... If you were a Queen and your Kingdom taken over and it's history destroyed and all you had was this one coin to remember... To value and cherish your memories... Isn't that enough? Isn't having your one friend escape the invasion and know who you really are enough. One pair of eyes of truth can over come the dozens of unwitting and judging eyes...

Fuego
09-22-2006, 04:53 AM
I think its a classic case :D

When i transfered (to a new school) i was into industrial music/rock/metal/etc .......

and in my school it was cool to love love love no diggity (i don't care who sings it), or pep pop as i call it, but yea ... i was type cast as someone with nothing interesting to say and people didn't really talk to me because i had a rep for being "DIFFERENT" (dun dun dun!)

Well, i just cruised the school for people who look'd like they weren't party of the "IN" crowd and met some really cool (albeit some really wierd) but mostly really cool peeps :D

But it'll be differen't for you see as how this happened like 8 years ago (or so) i know school is sooooo different now. Shi' I'd have probly been shot or had to shank someone with my shiv if i was in school today :lol:

But thats not really that funny :crying:

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-22-2006, 05:02 AM
Remember that a common problem with a programmed society is

"People look at WHAT you are, instead of WHO you are."-PAK

People look at me and think I should listen to hip-hop, walk with limp while holding my crotch and calling women by derogetory terms.

Who I am is another matter. I listen to soundtrack scores, dance like a Power Ranger, and read and write.

I don't wear a social mask, but people place them on me.

Kinda like when people label you nerd, or EMO, or well anything else.

They don't know WHO you are so they really don't know anything!

Next time get in their face! Suck in the gut, stick out the chest and just go HOO-RAH!!!

Running like hell afterwards is optional. If not an option just remember nose, gut and groin are the primary targets.

Christmas
09-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Get them to talk about themselves instead, this is how you get a conversation rolling.

Jebus
09-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Well, at least you only think you're dull.

Trust me, it's when people don't even know you're there even when you're a 6'0" 240 lbs guy that you know you're dull.

Spammerman
09-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Remember that a common problem with a programmed society is

"People look at WHAT you are, instead of WHO you are."-PAK

People look at me and think I should listen to hip-hop, walk with limp while holding my crotch and calling women by derogetory terms.

Who I am is another matter. I listen to soundtrack scores, dance like a Power Ranger, and read and write.

I don't wear a social mask, but people place them on me.

Kinda like when people label you nerd, or EMO, or well anything else.

They don't know WHO you are so they really don't know anything!

Next time get in their face! Suck in the gut, stick out the chest and just go HOO-RAH!!!

Running like hell afterwards is optional. If not an option just remember nose, gut and groin are the primary targets.
You just said everything I've ever believed in about school.

Youre not dull just because some kids dont talkj to you. I dont talk tp the popular people that much, but if you knew me, Id prolly be teh furthest thing from dull. Just have fun. And you dont need to have a big mouth and get bad grades not to be dull.

Miriel
09-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Just because you have different interests than those girls doesn't make you dull but it doesn't automatically make them bad people for not wanting to engage in a conversation about video games.

None of my close friends like playing video games. They'd much rather talk about clothes or music/movies than they would about Final Fantasy. I'm fine with that. I don't feel the need to discuss my gaming habits with them, just as I'm glad they don't feel the need to talk about Lindsey Lohan to me. I still love them, they still love me. We're all good.

So basically, either find people who have similar interests so that you can have conversations about video games or be content to have friends who don't share your interest in games.

LunarWeaver
09-22-2006, 07:08 AM
I think you should ask yourself what's so appealing about these people that you should morph yourself just to be their friend. People have a tendency to assume you want to be liked by them, and in reality you shouldn't even care.

You can try and find common ground with them if what you've tried isn't working. If they don't share your interests and you don't share theirs, friendship is still possible, just talk about something else. But if their price is you changing yourself to be more like them then it isn't worth it. Your prize for pretending to be somebody you aren't and getting their friendship is friends that aren't your friends. What's wrong with having one that understands you compared to many that do not?

ValkyrieWing
09-22-2006, 07:09 AM
If dull is dictated by your conversations with other people, then I myst be as boring as watching paint dry. :)

Captain Maxx Power
09-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Number one rule of life : assume that no one you meet gives a rat ass about computer games. I was even sceptical of people on my own course about this matter, and we're doing Computer Games Design. Consequently it helps not to talk about such things unless the other person happens to bring it up. The same rule applies for musical tastes, obscure cultist tv and films, and anything relating to David Hasslehoff. Just talk about Lost or Big Brother or booze. Pretty much every normal person is into these things.

Levian
09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Number one rule of life : assume that no one you meet gives a rat ass about computer games.

Seriously.

I never talk about video games with real life people (I can talk about that here), because most people are bored with it, or at least the kind of games I'm into. And as a returning favour, they don't talk about make up, horses or Absolute Music 67. Silent agreement.

~SapphireStar~
09-22-2006, 02:15 PM
The only people I spoke to about games in real life was my ex and his friends. Maybe my brother sometimes, but thats all. I dont know any girls that play computer games, The Sims and maybe the odd Tomb Raider, but thats all. Some girls, from experince, see computer games as boys toys and dont think theyre fun at all. They'd rather shop till they drop or have girly sleepovers.

I wasnt into all that. This friend you have sounds like a keeper, so hang out with her as much as poss cause she sees you as a cool person. Ignore the rest who dont want to know. And np, your not dull in the slightest.

Roto13
09-22-2006, 02:37 PM
My closest friend only has the slightest interest in video games. My second-closest friend isn't interested in them at all. He probably has no idea who Sonic the Hedgehog is. But that's ok. I have friends who do love video games (though very few love them as much as I do). I've learned that you don't need to have everything in common to be someone's friend, and you can have all kinds of things in common with someone and hate them for no real reason. :P

oddler
09-22-2006, 03:12 PM
None of my close friends like playing video games. They'd much rather talk about clothes or music/movies than they would about Final Fantasy. I'm fine with that. I don't feel the need to discuss my gaming habits with them, just as I'm glad they don't feel the need to talk about Lindsey Lohan to me. I still love them, they still love me. We're all good.

Right on.

Dell
09-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Ask your teacher to promote you and your friend so that many people will know you.

Araciel
09-22-2006, 03:26 PM
i talk to people about video games here or at EB or other places where i know people like video games...in highschool if you're a guy, you probably like video games...but girls are different...most girls hate video games as far as i know. they like brushing their hair or something :rolleyes2

forgottenmemory
09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
your not dull kadajwife, when you comeover with kissgirls and rikku x-2 we have a blast, don't care if people think your dull you are what you are if they don't like it they can shut up

yes-no?

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Have you noticed... How many replies from people you gotten and taken interest in you now? See, you're not dull... Otherwise we all wouldn't be here.
You don't have the same interest as they, or as I've discovered there are 'closet nerds', they simply can't allow themselves to be 'open' in open public about the same interests as you.

Give them a shot at conversational topics, if you really want to be friends with them. You only care about being with them because... well, it's 'new'. Perhaps you'll see things from a different point of view.

Instead of outside looking in, you want to inside looking out... Just don't leave your friend standing alone outside looking in.

Old Manus
09-22-2006, 03:48 PM
It's almost as if you didn't know that it was possible to talk about things other than videogames!

Marluxiaswife
09-23-2006, 05:25 AM
thanks you guys.... but people at school see me as dull cause i don't talk,smile, lol or anything any one else does....

Mirage
09-23-2006, 05:47 AM
Then talk and smile a bit ;). Maybe if the girls don't share your interests, you could look for guys who do.
Myself, I try being a bit subtle about my interests, but still let other people notice (if they care, that is). If someone share the same interests as you, and find out that you do too, they might try getting to know you.
I wouldn't suggest actively promoting your interests to every person at the school however, as that would come off as weird and perhaps desperate.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Either they are of your common interest or not... It is up to you do discover that... Think of it as an adventure...

Marluxiaswife
09-24-2006, 06:11 AM
yeah thanks again you guys, but i wish people at school would see that i'm not boaring and that i talk alot at home, i have friends, and i like video games but i'm sure the girls would be mad to hear the i like video games part cause, there or they might be into other stuff and they like the guys there, (I don't like any guys there) might like me,

cause when i was last year when this one guy saw i like final fantasy he started liking me :eek:

Vikeve
09-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Well most of these people you'll probably never see again once you get to college.

Most people say that they would rather have three best friends than a lot of friends that arent so great.... you said you already have a close friend so thats great.

Yeah there are some guys that used to like me at school becuase i like video games i hated them, thought. But i flerted with them for fun but they never had a chance with me.

Smiley face for you:) and i hope you can sort things out.

rubah
09-26-2006, 02:17 AM
Make friends with boys. I've gotten to know a lot of the guys in the class below me because they play videogames, and no one in my grade does xD

Rinöa
09-26-2006, 02:25 AM
I would talk to you if I went to your school. :)

Marluxiaswife
09-26-2006, 06:18 AM
I would talk to you if I went to your school. :)

thanks again you guys, and thats nice Rinöa1910330 thank you i bet you would be a cool friend :)

Rinöa
09-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks! :)

sephirothishere
09-27-2006, 12:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then talk and smile a bit ;). Maybe if the girls don't share your interests, you could look for guys who do.
Myself, I try being a bit subtle about my interests, but still let other people notice (if they care, that is). If someone share the same interests as you, and find out that you do too, they might try getting to know you.
I wouldn't suggest actively promoting your interests to every person at the school however, as that would come off as weird and perhaps desperate.

well said mirage.........now for my version.......

jus dont say anythin...look tough.....and people will be like oh my god......look at that zen cool dude over there.......lets see if he'll do us.......well....thats how i did it.........

~SapphireStar~
09-27-2006, 10:33 AM
jus dont say anythin...look tough.....and people will be like oh my god......look at that zen cool dude over there.......lets see if he'll do us.......well....thats how i did it.........
Im sorry but I cant help but laugh at how immature your comments are. I mean the one in my thread, Need Sugar, about growing tall instead of gaining weight!?

"Lets see if he'll do us?" This is a girl who believes she is dull, not a sex crazed 14 year old.

sephirothishere
09-27-2006, 01:16 PM
jeez.......take a chill pill..............hahahahah.......stop bein so serious.......GOD.......

Marluxiaswife
09-27-2006, 02:48 PM
O.o

thanks for the comments..... oh my

~SapphireStar~
10-01-2006, 06:31 PM
jeez.......take a chill pill..............hahahahah.......stop bein so serious.......GOD.......
No I wont stop being serious. The girl is asking for peoples comments and help, not childish comments. You stop being childish and I'll stop being serious.

Raebus
10-01-2006, 06:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well said mirage.........now for my version.......

Thats fucking lame, seriously.

I agree with mirage anyway, she's offered the best advice.

ama124
10-01-2006, 07:48 PM
You sound just like me lol :D . All my friends or the people i try to talk to are just like that. I have only 1 good friends who has the same interests as me like video games and actually enjoys talking about that stuff. My other friends are like huh, i dont really care :(. But it doesnt really bother me, i find other thngs to talk about even though i sorta feel like a loser :p

sephiroth the dark angel
10-01-2006, 08:01 PM
i have lot's of friends but i only hang around with a selected few because i got something in common with them though there is one who is just like me usually i run to him when a i need advise

Quindiana Jones
10-01-2006, 08:25 PM

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE!

Put yourself out, get all extroverted and make loadsa mates. Sometimes the people you make friends with will be pricks, but you just leave them and check out other people. Mostly sooner, you find a good group of friends.

Marluxiaswife
10-02-2006, 04:39 AM
thanks again you guys :moomba:

Zamba136
10-02-2006, 08:24 AM
everyone goes through this problem if they hesitate to act like all the others, however, to give in is not the solution.

my experience is that violence solves evrything, the most important thing about violence is that it can stab you in the back if you don't use it correctly. i do not recomend this because not many people have the intuition for this kind of action, i'm just saying that this is how i deal with being different, i stab people in the kidney's with pensils.

seing as how i don't recomend my way, i must come up with advice...um...screw them, if they don't like you, stick a pole up their butts so tht they look as they act and move on. there are plenty of people you are willing to axept you for who you are!

Shaun
10-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Put yourself out, get all extroverted and make loadsa mates. Sometimes the people you make friends with will be pricks, but you just leave them and check out other people. Mostly sooner, you find a good group of friends.

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE!

Some people are naturally introverted, or some have just adapted to being introverted. You can't just click your fingers and change yourself like that. If you try too hard, you'll screw up. Bah, well I guess I can't exactly talk because I haven't had much success for the past ten or so years, but that's because I haven't wanted to approach people.

Quindiana Jones
10-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Actually that's a fair point.

Drift
10-03-2006, 07:42 PM
<!--yes you sound dull, if you wanted a non sarcastic answer then i suggest next serious threads be posted in EoEO :)-->*snip*

This was uncalled for. Do not post like this again and your smilie does not negate your words. ~ Leeza

Marluxiaswife
10-04-2006, 04:33 AM
i'm not good with meeting new people face to face, i get shy
but with my friends i do know, i'm myself even infront of my family of course :D

but people at school think i'm so dull and today i was with my long time friend we were laughing and people from my grade saw us and was probly thinking "who is that girl that looks like the dull girl but is laughing?"
they made that tpye of face

so they are up to something about me now :shifty:

~SapphireStar~
10-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Your like me, you think the whole worlds looking at you, making you paranoid. Dont let it. I was scared of my first day at my new uni just last week, but I jumped into the deep end and started chatting with people and the whole class know me now and we sit together, etc.

Just sont care. If they are looking at you, let them look. Smile if you want to, shows your confident and happy with yourself.

Marluxiaswife
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Your like me, you think the whole worlds looking at you, making you paranoid. Dont let it. I was scared of my first day at my new uni just last week, but I jumped into the deep end and started chatting with people and the whole class know me now and we sit together, etc.

Just sont care. If they are looking at you, let them look. Smile if you want to, shows your confident and happy with yourself.

thanks ~SS~
:)

sephirothishere
10-05-2006, 12:37 AM

whowas this mega cool dude....oh yeh...me....phew i was getin worried there for a while......yeh....so anywhos.....im kinda....shy......so i guess i am slightly quiet and introverted......but...either...way.....jsu go with the flow......

AND NEVER EVER FOLLOW MY ADVICE.....WELL EXCEPT FOR THIS.....

Christmas
10-05-2006, 02:24 AM

whowas this mega cool dude....oh yeh...me....phew i was getin worried there for a while......yeh....so anywhos.....im kinda....shy......so i guess i am slightly quiet and introverted......but...either...way.....jsu go with the flow......

Not everyone like us normal folks here can be as COOL as SEPHIROTHISHERE. :(

Marluxiaswife
10-05-2006, 05:27 AM
Oh my! :eek:

But if people at school saw the real me! they would look like this :eek:

Rainecloud
10-05-2006, 06:52 AM
They sound like the dull ones, to be perfectly honest.

How can they not play video games?! *shakes head in disbelief*

Mitch
10-05-2006, 10:47 AM
just jump inside the television. problem solved

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2006, 08:57 PM

Not everyone like us normal folks here can be as COOL as SEPHIROTHISHERE. :(

Lucky us. :bigsmile:

sephirothishere
10-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Lucky us.

your bein sarcastic again right????............????!?!?!?!?>.......!>?!?!>...

Marluxiaswife
10-06-2006, 04:41 AM
yeah i don't get it.

i act werid sometimes and people look like this :eek:

cause i'm quite and stuff :greenie:

final fantasy is stinky
10-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Ever think of sports or mabe talk about guys or girls get in a fight YA get in a fight thats not DULL.:love:

Raebus
10-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Ever think of sports or mabe talk about guys or girls get in a fight YA get in a fight thats not DULL.:love:

I must say, thats a smashing idea! Why not smoke weed with the cool people also, or drag race! :thumb:

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Lucky us.

your bein sarcastic again right????............????!?!?!?!?>.......!>?!?!>...

Yup. But I love you really, I just don't want to admit it. Oh bugger.

Oh yes...the whole "Staying on topic" thing. I like ^^'s idea of doing sports and getting into clubs etc, but that might not be your thing. I don't think you should worry about looking cool and being popular, because a lot of the time, the "popular" kids are the ones that fail in life.

Marluxiaswife
10-09-2006, 06:13 AM
but i don't want to smoke weed,have sex,get in fights or any of that stuff even if it's cool, thats sick :(

Mogi
10-09-2006, 06:37 AM
I'm naturaly introverted, so I can kinda relate.

It takes time, but it is possible to get over it. Just don't let it sink in. I've learned from personal experience that if you set your mind to something, it's achievable... to a certain extent. Just set your mind to the right thing!

^_^

P.S. The internet is Godly....
:twocents:

Marluxiaswife
10-10-2006, 06:08 AM
I'm naturaly introverted, so I can kinda relate.

It takes time, but it is possible to get over it. Just don't let it sink in. I've learned from personal experience that if you set your mind to something, it's achievable... to a certain extent. Just set your mind to the right thing!

^_^

P.S. The internet is Godly....
:twocents:

sounds good :)