PDA

View Full Version : Radical Dreamers

zimdoomyday
09-22-2006, 05:45 AM
I figured I'd put this here, since it relates to the Trigger/Cross series. Anyone play Radical Dreamers, and if you have, do you think it's worth hunting down the rom (I found the patch for it) onlilne? I'm a pretty diehard Cross fan, and I really liked Trigger..

LunarWeaver
09-22-2006, 06:10 AM
It's basically a read along adventure. You read some text and then select what you want to do and where you want to go. I kept getting lost because I have no sense of direction and I couldn't tell if "left of the balcony" or "right of the balcony" led to floor 5 or 6 or what the hell was going on anymore.

I give it props for being different, but the whole game is not really super enjoyable I guess... At least not to me. It took me a very long time to locate it and play it and I didn't bother to beat it because I got bored.

It has good music though :cat:

Wuggly Blight
09-22-2006, 10:27 AM
It bored the pants off me too.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Playing through it does involve some trial and error, but the story is very interesting, so I would say it's quite worthwhile.

Shaded Mazoku
09-23-2006, 04:30 PM
I loved it, but then, I used to adore the old-school Zork games too, so it depends on taste. And it does have a very interesting story.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Yep that's what I liked about it. The story. And there's even the patented newgame+ in this game. Except the only stats you bring back over is the fact that you beat it once and can get more endings that you need a guide to find for most. I love the library scene in one of the endings, even though it's just text, it's really good and funny and interesting.

Stories8106
10-28-2006, 10:39 PM
I didnt really think it was a tough one to find, I grabbed the patch and the rom within 5 mins of learning it was out there. I haven't played it yet, but im gonna at some point.

Reeno the Alchemist
10-29-2006, 07:26 PM
sadly me being one of the biggest chronocross fans of all time ive never heard of this =\ ill have to check it out

Wolf Kanno
10-30-2006, 05:58 AM
I haven't played it, but from what I've heard (and I would take anything you hear online with a grain of salt) is that it actually shows off some of the original ideas that went into Chrono Cross. Certain characters gain more backstory (like that magician you can get in the beginning of the game when you need to break into the manor). The odd thing is, from some of the story elements I've heard it has alot of connections to Chrono Trigger.:mog:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-30-2006, 02:13 PM
At the time Radical Dreamers was made, it was intended as a quasi-sequel to Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross eventually came around and replaced it in that capacity, although it was explained that RD simply takes place in an alternate universe from CC.