PDA

View Full Version : Icecream Man~

Rusty
09-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Did you ever have an Icecream Man come around your street when you were younger? Or do you have one that still comes around now? You know, the coloured truck/van - soft serve icecream etc etc

I don't know if you have Icecream Man's in America or the UK or not xD

Anyways. What did you always order? When did he come around?

Mine comes around every Friday. I always order a chocolate sundae with sprinkles (I hate nuts - who decided to put peanuts on icecream?!) when I'm at home. It's the only icecream I'll eat on a regular basis.

Reine
09-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah, we had one come around at our last residence, but he mysteriously stopped coming...

I usually got an extra large soda (In NZ, a soda is a soft drink mixed with ice cream, not a soft drink itself) as icecrams usually melted fast and made a giant mess, my brother Akrad was banned from the house with ice creams as he has a notorious habit of dropping food everywhere and making mess...

Polaris
09-22-2006, 10:28 AM
We hav e icecream men here! :D On the summer... I still order icecreames when I see one! When I was a kid I ordered a vanilla icreceam that had bubble gum at the bottom! I ate one on saturday or sunday!!!

Meat Puppet
09-22-2006, 10:35 AM
There's one that patrols the streets during summer. I don't like him very much. He makes fun of my accent.

roxy
09-22-2006, 10:54 AM
I used to get them all the time... untill I got a cigarette butt in my choc coated 'soft serve' when I was 7 or 8. :(

Shauna
09-22-2006, 11:18 AM
The Ice Cream Van! Yay! I still get one these days. ^_^ I don't really go out to the van much though. :(

boris no no
09-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I hear one go along the road behind my house. I think the van must be from at least the 80s or something judging by the strange tunes it plays when moving.
I used to have twisters all the time until I got allergic to them ;__;

marc
09-22-2006, 12:01 PM
I have an Ice Cream Van come around my road at the wierdist times .
There were loads around during the summer.

Buttttttttttttttt, thats kinda obvious.

Captain Maxx Power
09-22-2006, 12:13 PM
He still comes around now. However, due to that effect that warps sounds as cars and the like drive by fast, it sounds incredible sinister, especially since it plays Yankee Doodle Dandy more slowly than it's supposed to be in the first place. It should change it's tune to "Freddy's Nusery Rhyme" in time for Halloween for added effect.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Nahh i donīt have no icecream passing around my street or any street that i know of for that matter, and the reason why there is no icecream man is because he would probably be robbed everyday by some of the younglings.

Jowy
09-22-2006, 03:39 PM
After eleven years of missing out on the luxury of a truck full of goodies driving down the street regularly, there was a very shady looking van that vended ice cream and blared Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at high volume. I flagged it down and bought a Powerpuff Girls bar.

Araciel
09-22-2006, 03:46 PM
we used to have them where i grew up...we had little delivery boys with the backwards-framed tricycle and the freezer on the front too i never bothered with them, it was cheaper to buy ice cream from the store and they had most of the same stuff anyway

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-22-2006, 05:30 PM
There's a Hispanic lady that still comes around with her little van with vinyl decals on it.

But the way petrol is running these days, I'd say it's a loss.

~SapphireStar~
09-22-2006, 06:13 PM
We had an ice cream lady called Mary. She appeared in the movie East is East! She was a cool (no pun intended!) ice cream lady. She had a mega tiny little van and how it was filled up with crisps, drinks, ice creams and sweets I dont know!

She had a wicked little chime and all the kids on the road would be running out to greet her. She was terrific! I always ordered a duck, which was her little creation. You got an ice cream, dunk it in sherbet, put a flying saucer sweet for its beak and 2 bubble gum balls for eyes! It was amazing and something like Ģ1!

I miss living there :(

Yuffie514
09-22-2006, 08:56 PM
ice cream vendors with their carts come around more often than ice cream vans where i live. the last thing i had was perhaps over 10 years ago when i bought a regular cone from a passing van...

Levian
09-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah, but I don't feel like talking about it 'cause it's boring.

Decessus
09-22-2006, 10:43 PM
The icecream man plants rusty nails in my double scoops. :(

Tavrobel
09-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Yes, it used to come by all the time, when I was a kid. It would roll around at the same time on the weekends, and I'd go out and get some Ice Cream with my front-door neighbor, who was my age.

Now, the Ice Cream truck sits in the edge of campus.

The Unknown Guru
09-23-2006, 02:03 AM
There was an icecream man where I used to live who seemed to come around whenever he felt like it. I usually got one of those huge pineapple things.

Hambone
09-23-2006, 04:04 AM
There's a truck that plays this really annoying tune and I never buy from them because they smell like crack. :(

kikimm
09-23-2006, 04:17 AM
(I hate nuts - who decided to put peanuts on icecream?!)

Yeah really what the hell is up with that

We used to have an ice cream man that came around like...once every few days, I guess. I never liked him, though, he was creepy. And ealy angry looking. But he hasn't been around in years. Probably cause now there's an ice cream place just a few minutes walk from my house.