PDA

View Full Version : Won't New Game+ be TOO easy?

Peter_20
09-22-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm about to finish this game now, because I'm gonna encounter Lavos' final forms.
I've considered trying this New Game+ thing later, but I honestly think it seems too easy; I mean, isn't it kinda tedious using the Rainbow and the Masamune on everything, and wipe the mat with any enemy in sight using Luminaire, Flare and 3D Attack?

Skyblade
09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Actually, the Masamune is too plot important. You won't keep it, and, when Frog gets it again, it drops back to the original Masamune, not the upgraded form.

Anyway, yes, it is fairly easy, but the game doesn't have to be hard to be fun.

Jowy
09-22-2006, 03:37 PM
That and it's interesting to see the other endings. Or level-grind to 99 and fight Spekkio's final form.

The Infinite Telomerase
09-22-2006, 03:46 PM
You've already beaten the game once; what does it matter if it's easy?

Sefie1999AD
09-22-2006, 11:09 PM
Yes, New Game Plus will most likely be too easy. That is to speed your way to different parts of the game so that you can fight Lavos and get different endings. There's still two challenging bits, however: Spekkio, and Lavos in the Ocean Palace.

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 02:21 AM
Yes, New Game Plus will most likely be too easy. That is to speed your way to different parts of the game so that you can fight Lavos and get different endings. There's still two challenging bits, however: Spekkio, and Lavos in the Ocean Palace.

Basically, but depending on how much trainning you do isn't possible that The Black Omen will still be difficult?
I too am about to beat the game, I chose to do the sidequests while they are still a challenge though.

Cruise Control
09-23-2006, 03:04 AM
But, if you wan't the endings, the earlier endings are hardest, because you have less characters. (Lavos vs Chrono is fairly tough)

Bunny
09-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Incredibly so. I have always believed that if a game is going to include a New Game+ version, they should up the difficultly to make it more enjoyable. But I suppose that would be pretty difficult for the time.

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 06:09 PM
The entire point of New Game+ is that it's supposed to be easy. You also have strong characters at the beginning of the game enabling you to defeat Lavos at your leisure to see multiple endings.

BlueLurker
10-01-2006, 04:46 PM
When I had Chrono Trigger on SNES I New Game+'d my way to level 99 and nearly max stats! Chrono vs Lavos was a piece of cake. Mmmm, brings me back...

Sefie1999AD
10-03-2006, 08:49 PM
On my second game, I leveled up to level ** (99). It took me 15+ extra hours. I could have beaten the game in 20 hours, but I kept leveling up, and the game time said 36 hours or so when I finished the game with everyone on level **. That should make New Game Plus quite easy. :D