PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Guy and I like to Cry ;__;

The Devil Man
09-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Is it okay for guys to ever cry? Like this ---> :crying:

Because yesterday I did :tongue:

Yesterday in the evening I got some Mails from one of my dearest friends. Now this girl... she has already become very special to me! She has such a lovely heart and I enjoy talking to her so much :love: I hadn't heard from her for a couple of days as she was busy with University, but last night...

KABOOM!!! :eek:

I got some BEAUTIFUL mails from here. And they were so beautiful that I started crying! Just like that! ---> :crying: They were really nice to read. They were tears of happiness! Waaaa-taaa!!

Yes, Yes, Yes! It is true! Devil Man has a soft centred heart! :heart: But don't tell my friend, okay! It's a secret! :spin:

So the Topic of my Thread is this:

Guys do you EVER cry too, if something effects you emotionally? Or do you hold the tears in?

And Girls: What do you think it is okay for guys to cry? Or do you think ---> "What a wuss! :lol:'

I know I like to cry... sometimes :love:

Polaris
09-22-2006, 01:23 PM
What do you think it is okay for guys to cry?

I don't like when guys cry, coz they cry then I start crying and big mess! :) But it's ok for a guy to cry... it shows they have emotions and aren't machist!

Tempest
09-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I don't like it when anyone cries but, when I see a guy start to cry I feel more bad for him then I would if I saw a female start to cry. So, I guess it's okay with me. Unless they're crying over something stupid.

Owen Macwere
09-22-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't think I have ever cried in the past 9 years. :Oo:
I do get annoyed, and feel unsettled, but I don't cry. I scream into my pillow.

XandrewX
09-22-2006, 01:30 PM
It's been a long time since I cried...I can't recall the last time I cried...but I believe when you're sad...cry is the best way to release the stress then after releasing the stress find a way to solve it...that's my opinion anyway...

Levian
09-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Western civilization:

A guy would need a really good reason to cry in front of others, but it's totally fine to cry if you're locked up in a room all alone. It's also fine to be sad in a dry way in front of others. This is what people think anyway. Weird, but it's how it works.

As for me, I haven't cried since I was 12. That doesn't mean I haven't been sad, though. I've been sad a lot of times, but I did not cry. It's not like I hold the tears back either, there's just nothing to hold back. I guess I'm not so emotional, at least not in the sad department.

The Real Dark Messenger
09-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Of course it’s okay for a guy to cry and as XandrewX said, crying is a good way to release stress – to get your mind cleared.

Personally, I like a man that can show his emotions. As long as he doesn’t cry all the time – because then I’ll start crying :whimper: :crying2:

But then again – even though I think it’s all right that a guy cries, I would like to be able to get some comfort of my own, without the guy start crying too, he he :D

Captain Maxx Power
09-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I tend to get angry before I start to cry. It takes a lot to get me blubbering usually. Usually failure of my friends or family will set me off.

Alive-Cat
09-22-2006, 02:22 PM
I cry a lot; I'm pretty sensitive to most things.

Roto13
09-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I only cry when something terrible happens.

Cz
09-22-2006, 02:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with crying, so long as you've got a good reason. I don't cry very often, but if something's worth shedding a tear for then I don't see the point in holding it back.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2006, 03:01 PM
I have absolutely no problem with guys crying. I wish I could cry more, but I only seem to do it when something really bad happens. I can only remember two times I've cried in about five years. It actually sucks, because sometimes it feels like a good cry would make me feel a lot better.

Araciel
09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
i would say never...but it's not true

~SapphireStar~
09-22-2006, 03:31 PM
I think its fine if they cry. Ive only seen my ex cry and he did get upset a load of times when we were together. Both his grandparents died whilst we were dating and I was there for him. And he cried alot when we were spiliting up.

Craig
09-22-2006, 03:33 PM
The last time I cried was a few weeks ago, and that was barely a few tears.

Apart from that I haven't cried in years.

Meat Puppet
09-22-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that the last time I properly cried was at a funeral a couple of years ago. All other crying I've done recently has been my eyes trying to shower or whatever.

I used to cry a lot more. Back in the old days. Holy goblins I cried so much. Like this one time I was watching this documentary and there was this guy with cancer and at the end he died and I felt sad and started to cry. And all the other stuff. I cried when Mufasa died, too. Gee, I was such a little girl. I'm pretty sure I stopped before I went high school.

I have no problem with grown men crying; however, I find it very weird. I guess that's because the men around me seemingly never cry so the one time a man cries it's like what is going on

Old Manus
09-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Pussies.

Araciel
09-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Pussies.

i'm going to go write on my blog now....:(:cry:

edczxcvbnm
09-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Crying is for little bitches.

Christmas
09-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Is Tidus your favourite FF character? :bigsmile:

Mirage
09-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't particulary like to cry if it's because of something bad. But it happens.
Tears of joy are something completely different.

BardTard
09-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Guys can cry if they want to. There's nothing wrong with it.

mooglebunni608
09-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Well, it's okay for guys to cry, but not near me. I'm not very sensitive, and I hate seeing anybody cry. :I
I find it irritating.

Jojee
09-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I can't judge; I cried watching Team America (just the beginning part where that random guy died and Lisa was like nooooo I love you1!11), and sappy commercials get to me too ;_;

It's ok to have emotions xD

Mirage
09-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Team America getting to you is a bit much, I think. ;_;
I often get moved by sad movies and stuff, though. And overly brave and honourable events in movies. What can I say, I really get into the movies i watch and games I play.

Peegee
09-22-2006, 07:10 PM
I cried so many times when I was getting over my ex gf it wasn't pretty.

Looking back I can think of only one word, and it is 'pathetic'.

Not to say all crying is pathetic, but my recent (and it was years ago) examples are pathetic.

I have yet to shed a tear since.

I consider crying to be a loss of emotional stability, and whether you consider that to be a good bad justifiable or whatever, that determines your answer to this question.

I consider it a bad thing. I am also a stoic.

Vikeve
09-22-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't really have a problem with it but then i wouldn't date the kind of guy who cries to much. But then one of my friends i wish he would start crying becuase he really needs to get rid of stress.

Jojee
09-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Team America getting to you is a bit much, I think. ;_; It was a SAD part!! ;_; lol. I wasn't sobbing or anything, just got all teary xDD

Venom
09-22-2006, 08:01 PM
I dont even remember the last time I cried. But yes its ok for guys to cry.:)

Rocket Edge
09-22-2006, 08:03 PM
God, this thread reminded me of how long it's been since i've cried. (Onion's don't count! :mad2:)

I don't see any reason for it not being okay though, so why not.

Dreddz
09-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Ill only ever cry at pain, and extreme pain at that. I dont cry of sadness, dunno why. People who cry at happyness are weird :eep:

Jojee
09-22-2006, 08:14 PM
There's only one time I've ever cried of happiness, and that was when I was about 8 years old and my mom made me play piano for hours and hours and got all angry cos' apparently I wasn't doing it right and I had to play piano for hours every day ;__; And finally she said we were done playing piano for the day so I ran to my room and cried tears of happiness. XDD

DynasticJam
09-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I don't see why guys shouldn't be able to cry, it's no crime, and it's no one's fault if we have emotions. Crying is normal, and I cry if I'm upset, but not like a child though, I don't scream it out, to be honest though, I tend to hide my emotions (Hey, a bit like Squall!) It's only rarely that I ever cry out loud!

Shiny
09-22-2006, 09:27 PM
I cry. Everyone cries. And people who say they don't are afraid of their emotions.

Starlight Roxas and Sora
09-22-2006, 09:46 PM
I don't cry over silly things like movies or stupid things like breaking up with someone because Im the kind of person who excepts that things will change in your own life and can move on within a second of the incident.PLUS when you rent a romantic movie you just know that something bad or emotional is going to happen. It happens in every climax! Also when you are heart broken by someone you have to realise that it wasnt going to last forever anyway! well unless your in your college years and up, it's mostly for those in highschool. Just because someone like me doesn't cry over things like these doesn't mean we are unsure of our emotions!!....Anyway going back to the subject, I think it's perfectly ok for a guy to cry! infact at times it could be attractive to girls! BUT unfortuantly im not one of them.

Sefie1999AD
09-22-2006, 09:48 PM
I try to hold back tears, but I'm not too good at it. Usually when I cry, I'm alone, so nobody sees it, though sometimes things just hurt or touch me so much that I can't hold my tears even with other people being around. What actually may be a lot worse when you're feeling really numb and empty, and you'd like to cry, but you just don't. Instead, you'll just keep feeling bad. I don't like that feeling at all.

Sweet Beloved
09-22-2006, 09:52 PM
I cry. Everyone cries. And people who say they don't are afraid of their emotions.

Exactly. You shouldn't be afraid to let it out once in a while.:) Don't be another Squall.;)

Levian
09-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Exactly. You shouldn't be afraid to let it out once in a while.:) Don't be another Squall.;)

Ah crap. I already bought the necklace online.

Decessus
09-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I can't comprehend how, but I'm apparently captivated by the onion's beauty so greatly it brings me to tears. Or maybe it's ugliness brings me to tears, that seems to happen a lot lately.
<!--Don't even make an ugly joke about that.-->

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-22-2006, 10:40 PM
aren't you the same guy that likes PINK!!!!

no offence but at my school you would get your ass kicked! :(

Levian
09-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, no offense Decessus, but you're ugly and everyone hates you.

Old Manus
09-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Agreed.

Kyri
09-22-2006, 11:20 PM
You LIKE to cry? I think it's ok for a guy to cry but what the hell? How can anyone like to cry? I mean, when you cry it's usually because you're sad or something.

Masamunemaster
09-22-2006, 11:28 PM
I cry whenever I feel like it, whether it be in front of a crowd or not.

I believe people who say a guy crying is stupid actually feel that they have to use every advantage to make themselves look good.

Basically if you aren't afraid to cry, then you are bigger than those who don't want to admit it.

Rye
09-22-2006, 11:28 PM
As Jojo said, I can hardly judge, because everything makes me cry. I get choked up constantly by songs and commercials and movies. ;__;

Psychotic
09-22-2006, 11:31 PM
I don't cry because it's stupid. Why would I want to do something that not only makes me feel really terrible but also makes a mess?

Masamunemaster
09-22-2006, 11:40 PM
No offense,but it is just as I said.

Evastio
09-23-2006, 12:27 AM
I don't cry. Not anymore.

I don't like it when other people cry. It makes me hate myself for not being able to stop them from crying.

The Unknown Guru
09-23-2006, 02:02 AM
Only the saddest or most obscure topics can bring me to tears, and the saddest ones don't last long. When my grandma dies, I will probably cry for about a minute, max.

However, one thing that consistently moves me to tears is the death of Andre the Giant. I have no clue why.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
09-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Sure it's okay for a guy to cry, as long as he doesn't do it all the time.

Sylvie
09-23-2006, 02:30 AM
I don't cry.

EDIT: I think its funny when boys cry at my school. They cry because they got minorly hurt. When boys cry at school, I think it is funny.

Arrianna
09-23-2006, 02:36 AM
The results of this poll seems to be confirming what I have long believed. Guys cry, they just don't like to cry in front of other guys. (Unless it's over a lost football game or a crashed hard drive. ;) )

Why is that?

Is it because women don't see crying as a sign of weakness and men do? What?

Jojee
09-23-2006, 02:53 AM
I don't cry because it's stupid. Why would I want to do something that not only makes me feel really terrible but also makes a mess? You're stupid :love: You don't cry to make yourself feel terrible, you cry BECAUSE you feel terrible. And sex makes a mess too >=(

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Not too fond of the act of crying. It just strikes me as awkward and is generally an uncomfortable sensation. And I don't feel any particular need to cry unless I have to slice unions at work, in which case I turn the slicer on automatic and stay the hell away until its done to mitigate it as much as possible.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-23-2006, 03:41 AM
http://www.cricketsoda.com/images/die%20emo%20die/die-emo-die.jpg

Masamunemaster
09-23-2006, 03:59 AM

screw you

Christmas
09-23-2006, 04:00 AM

bad bad. :(

Roto13
09-23-2006, 04:04 AM
When I'm sad I usually just sigh a lot.

Kyri
09-23-2006, 04:04 AM

:laugh:

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 04:08 AM
There are times I cry, but not in front of my friends, I want them to think they can count on me so I keep alot of my inner feelings to myself.

Masamunemaster
09-23-2006, 04:15 AM
Well sometimes you just have to cry, even in front of your friends; ask some of mine.

Crying actually is a sign of strength and courage.

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 04:17 AM
Well sometimes you just have to cry, even in front of your friends; ask some of mine.

Crying actually is a sign of strength and courage.
Well it depends on the situation, many times some of my friends don't need to see someone else crying.

Masamunemaster
09-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Trust me, at times I needed to cry my friends had "better" stuff to do than listen to my problems, those are the times you will wish you had.

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 04:24 AM
Trust me, at times I needed to cry my friends had "better" stuff to do than listen to my problems, those are the times you will wish you had.

Huh?

I meant I cry when I'm alone because I'm a bit like a leader with my friends, I rarely complain about my problems.

Resha
09-23-2006, 04:24 AM
I only cry at the movies. Makes more sense crying for someone else's tragic love story or depressing life than my own.

Psychotic
09-23-2006, 04:26 AM
I don't cry because it's stupid. Why would I want to do something that not only makes me feel really terrible but also makes a mess? You're stupid :love: You don't cry to make yourself feel terrible, you cry BECAUSE you feel terrible. And sex makes a mess too >=(Yeah, but at least I'm not dumb! :D Sure, but crying makes it all feel even worse. Some people will say it makes them feel better, and hey, if it does, good for them, but they're not me and everyone takes things differently. As for that last bit, wow, I had no idea you liked your RealDoll that much. :erm:

Masamunemaster
09-23-2006, 04:31 AM

Huh?

I meant I cry when I'm alone because I'm a bit like a leader with my friends, I rarely complain about my problems.

Sometimes a leader has to show their soft side.

Decessus
09-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Yeah, no offense Decessus, but you're ugly and everyone hates you.

You sir, are the stain of society's underwear. You have unparalleled stink, even in comparison to Mold Anus.

And you're Norwegian. :)

Christmas
09-23-2006, 06:32 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/walrus-says-no.jpg

Bunny
09-23-2006, 01:31 PM
I am listening to "Don't You Cry" by Kamelot. That's neat.

I haven't cried for awhile. I tend to bottle things up and then one day everything will hit me like a ton of bricks and I'll pretty much have an all-out breakdown. The last time such a thing happened was my senior year in high school when my family was giving me a lot of trouble for some of the choices I made. Before then, I cannot even remember.

Usually when something happens that would typically make a person cry, I sit there and think about it. I don't hold the tears back or anything, they just never come. I have a tendency to get over things very quickly.

McLovin'
09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
No it's not okay Devil Man...

I don't cry. I just punch things.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Well just don't grow up to be the wife abuser's all I'm saying.

Mirage
09-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Lol, as if there's any reason for him to become that just because he likes to punch things. Unless ofcourse, you think of women as things.

Del Murder
09-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Let's be a little more sensitive please. I have no problem banning people who aren't.

I cry when my girlfriend has to go away from me.