PDA

View Full Version : "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete" announced

Crossblades
09-22-2006, 06:46 PM
http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2893

At the Tokyo Games Show this year, Square-Enix announced that they will be releasing Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, which will be a slightly changed version of the original movie on Sony's Blu-Ray media. The resolution on the movie will be much greater than that of the DVD version, and there will be extra scenes added along with existing scenes edited. One specific scene showed in their trailer was the scene from the original Final Fantasy VII game where Sephiroth holds Cloud, who is impaled by Sephiroth's Masamune, above his head.

So far, no release date has been announced for the Japanese version of this movie, but many reports indicate that the movie will be released sometime in 2007.

LunarWeaver
09-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Extra scenes, not bad. Can't wait to YouTube them :jess:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-22-2006, 07:57 PM
cant wait for the delays

Sefie1999AD
09-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Great, the original version of the movie was released here a month ago and I got it right away, and now SE is already cashing with a Complete Edition? :mad:

atlanteay
09-22-2006, 11:10 PM
i'm getting tired of SE doing these stupid update versions. First KH2 Final Mix and now AC Complete version:eep: the sad thing is that many people would go and buy these new versions therefore giving more money to SE so they'd keep doing this kind of thing:mad2:

Materia Hunter Yuffie
09-23-2006, 02:36 AM
It ticks me off when companies do that. If their going to release something release all of it!
I'll have to give it some thought whether I buy it or not.

The Crystal
09-23-2006, 02:46 AM
If you guys don't want to buy it, then, don't buy it. We allways have the internet to download it, or just watch in YouTube.

And about the new scenes, i'm really hoping to see some flashbacks of moments in the original game. Some scenes of FFVII with AC graphics would be so cool.

RiseToFall
09-23-2006, 04:34 AM
If you guys don't want to buy it, then, don't buy it. We allways have the internet to download it, or just watch in YouTube..

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I give Square-Enix more than enough money, but for this, I'm keeping my wallet closed.

The Infinite Telomerase
09-23-2006, 04:51 AM
For a minute there I thought SquareEnix had realized that their movie made about zero sense and they were going to add a few scenes to fill out the plot. After reading the rest of that paragraph however it looks ike they've taken the "ZOMG MORE COOL FIGHT SCENES" route.

sigh @ SquareEnix for treating its fanbase like the moronic fanboys that they admittedly are. Suffice to say I won't be buying this, nor any other addition of Advent Children.

And about the new scenes, i'm really hoping to see some flashbacks of moments in the original game. Some scenes of FFVII with AC graphics would be so cool.
That's already in there.

Zeromus_X
09-23-2006, 05:16 AM
If you guys don't want to buy it, then, don't buy it. We allways have the internet to download it, or just watch in YouTube.

Pretty much.

Yeah, that's gonna be pretty hot. :love: :cat:

boys from the dwarf
09-23-2006, 08:09 AM
i almost definetly wont by this. i agree. just youtube it.

ValkyrieWing
09-23-2006, 08:24 AM
*melts*

The Crystal
09-24-2006, 07:11 AM
Hey, thinking about it, maybe we will finally know how Cloud was capable of going of one continent to another, on a motorbike. :D

Dragon Mage
09-24-2006, 07:35 AM
I think this thing sounds cool, (it happens all the time, you know, director's cut stuff) I probably won't buy it. It depends on the price and if the changes are any good. I'll rent it first, then I'll decide. But I must admit, the FF7 spinoffs are growing to an alarming number. First spinoffs on the original game, now spinoffs of the spinoffs? :eep: Please.

Hey, thinking about it, maybe we will finally know how Cloud was capable of going of one continent to another, on a motorbike.

Didn't you know? He can walk/drive on water. Just like how he can fly.

Mirage
09-24-2006, 08:02 AM
cant wait for the delays

Can wait for the delays.
Honestly, I don't really care. When it's out, I'm probably get to see it, until then, the time of it's arrival isn't interesting at all to me.

G3ORGE
09-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey, thinking about it, maybe we will finally know how Cloud was capable of going of one continent to another, on a motorbike. :D

2 words: channel tunnel or eurostar :)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-24-2006, 04:24 PM
if its on youtube it will have crappy crappy quality since its comming from a blu-ray right? and doubt anyone has a computer that can read blu-ray yet

Roto13
09-25-2006, 04:32 PM
(it happens all the time, you know, director's cut stuff)

Yeah, but that usually takes years, not months.

BustaMo
09-25-2006, 05:24 PM
I've already got the movie and seen it more than once. That's all I really need. No use in spending my money on soemthing I'm satisfied with.

Shadow Masamune
09-25-2006, 10:58 PM
hey hope they edit the Shilly Shally Bs...

Sefie1999AD
09-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Somehow I don't think the Complete Edition will be released outside Japan (similar to FFX-2 International + Last Mission and KH Final Mix), so any changes made to the dialogue are probably done only in Japanese. But if you don't want to hear the "Dilly-dally, shilly-shally" bit, you may like the Japanese version since they say something like "Tsuru-tsuru, tsuru-tsuru" there instead. :p

Dragon Mage
09-26-2006, 12:15 AM

yeah, I was surprised about that. But hey! first time for everything.

hey hope they edit the Shilly Shally Bs...

Dude, just face it. Those word were the best direct translation from the original script. It's not gonna move. Hey! here's a novel idea; If you don't like it, just hit the 'mute' button!:greenie:

Sefie1999AD
09-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Something I forgot to mention:

(it happens all the time, you know, director's cut stuff)

When the movie "King Arthur" came out, the video version was the theatrical release, but the DVD version was the Director's Cut. That one didn't take long at all to get released. LotR Extended Editions also came out quite quickly, and it seems the Four-Disc Extended Edition for the Chronicles of Narnia will be coming out as early as December 2006. FFVII AC isn't really the first movie to receive a Special Edition version this quickly.

Markus. D
09-26-2006, 12:53 AM
im gonna buy it.

and keep it as a collectors item.

>->

boys from the dwarf
09-26-2006, 07:45 AM

i dont care about that. how did marlene get there:confused: ?

Araciel
09-26-2006, 07:45 AM
glad i didn't buy AC yet

~SapphireStar~
09-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Thats unfair placing extra scenes on Blue Ray. Ive got the Japanese version on DVD and Eghlish on PSP, so ignore me if there is already extra scenes on the released DVD.

Orophin
09-26-2006, 03:41 PM
glad i didn't buy AC yet

You have or you will buy a Blu-Ray!? They cost like what, 1000$!

Dragon Mage
10-07-2006, 10:53 PM
While they're making a new one, they can change the mouth movements as well. I hate when what they're saying doesn't match with what it looks like they're saying.