PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's NYC Press Conference

KentaRawr!
09-22-2006, 09:01 PM
The whole thing. =O

http://wii.ign.com/articles/733/733612p1.html

September 20, 2006 - Last week Nintendo announced both the price and release date for its new generation Wii console. At an event from New York City, the company also showcased almost 30 Wii games, all in playable form. And NOA president Reggie Fils-Aime joined VP of marketing and corporate affirs Perrin Kaplan on stage to talk Wii, Wii and yes, even more Wii.

IGN was on hand for the event and updating live. Last week, we posted a variety of videos taken directly from Nintendo's hour-long presentation. Today, we present Insiders the full on-stage demonstration in one beautiful, downloadable file. Meanwhile, non-Insiders can download the full conference via three separate files in our media section.

http://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/video/article/733/733612/reggie_full_pres_091806_qtlowwide.mov - Full conference, 320x240 QuickTime

http://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/video/article/733/733612/reggie_full_pres_091806_qthighwide.mov - Full conference, 640x480 QuickTime

The news you see here really will be the same as you heard it talked about on the internets, so the things discussed here won't exactly be news to you. :mog: I will add my commentary once I'm finished watching it.

Edit: I'm not even half into it, and I do believe I disagree with Reggie on the touch generations comment, saying games like Nintendogs and Brain Age supplement your life. I thought he had something going when he said that games like Nintendogs and Brain Age are different from games like Mario and Madden, but then it crashed. >_< More commentary soonzorz.

Edit 2: Just 2 seconds after I made the first comment, here's another one. I dislike it how he compared ALL of the Touch Generation games to just NSMB. He was trying to state that games in Touch Generations are very popular with the non-gaming crowd and are very profitable, and that point still stands. But I dislike it how he compares the entire series to only ONE game, even if it did sell 1 Mil. Copies in 12 weeks.

Edit 3: I like the nice bar graph he showed though. It really shows how the DS has contributed to the industry. =O

Edit 4: I'm surprised no one cheered when he announced the price and release date. That would have gotten a rave started at E3. o_O

Edit 5: Heh. While Wii Bowling was being shown, I thought the applause were real. n_n;

Edit 6: The list of title's they're showing is nice, but in Sega's Section, why wasn't Sonic Wildfire there? o_O

Edit 7: Ick! Not liking the price for the VC. Though I wonder... what are Wii points?

Edit 8: Oh, I see. Wii points are like gift cards. :-/

Edit 9: I'm liking Mii! =O And Samuel L. Jackson looks nice on the Wii.

Dreddz
09-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Now Nintendo have a sucessful system again, they've gone back to being arrogant :eep:

KentaRawr!
09-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Now Nintendo have a sucessful system again, they've gone back to being arrogant :eep:

What do you mean? o.o

Dreddz
09-23-2006, 12:16 AM
I think there arrogant now.

KentaRawr!
09-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Well yeah, I got that part. But why do you think that?