PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever fallen in love with someone you never met in person?

The Real Dark Messenger
09-22-2006, 10:59 PM
What are your thoughts about falling in love with a person that you never met?<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Here, I’m thinking mostly about online, but also the persons you meet, when one of your friends give you a phone number and tell you: this guy/girl is just the right one for you.<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Have you ever fallen in love with someone you’ve never met? Would you be willing to meet with this special someone? If so; does anyone have a good/bad story?

Levian
09-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=404qLvKU5u8)

Miriel
09-22-2006, 11:33 PM
No, I don't think that's possible. There can be attachment and affection, sure. You can love talking to that person, love their personality, love how they make you laugh. But I'm pretty darn sure that you need to meet someone to say that you're in love with them. Cause I think of love as something all encompassing. Without meeting someone in person, you only know a limited part of that person. When you only know one side of a person, how can you say that you love them?

Psychotic
09-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Yes. (Margaret Thatcher)

Roto13
09-22-2006, 11:35 PM
I've met five people from online in the real world and they've all been pretty different in person, so I don't think you really can.

LunarWeaver
09-22-2006, 11:38 PM
I've met five people from online in the real world and they've all been pretty different in person, so I don't think you really can. Yes, Lunar.

I've gotten attached to a few people in a dorky sort of way, but nothing I would describe as "love". More like "If we could meet in person, there's possibility to be explored."

The Real Dark Messenger
09-22-2006, 11:39 PM
No, I don't think that's possible. There can be attachment and affection, sure. You can love talking to that person, love their personality, love how they make you laugh. But I'm pretty darn sure that you need to meet someone to say that you're in love with them. Cause I think of love as something all encompassing. Without meeting someone in person, you only know a limited part of that person. When you only know one side of a person, how can you say that you love them?

My thoughts exactly… it would seem like you only fell in love with half a person. But then again... I won’t deny that it could ever happen.

Masamunemaster
09-22-2006, 11:44 PM
I did once and I actually dated her for a while after we met(at school).

Then the stupid ______(fill in the blank) screwed me over.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Yes, twice. Second time was with someone I met quite a few times later, first time was someone I only met once, some time after she screwed me over.

roxy
09-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I accidently snapped at the guy and I have never seen/heard of him since. :(

Kyri
09-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Yes I have once, when I was only 14. <.<
I was very naive to think it could work.

Avarice-ness
09-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Excuse the harshness but..

Fuck this question. :eep:

Evastio
09-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah I have. I don't want to embarass the person though.

Bunny
09-23-2006, 12:43 AM

I more or less agree. Although I believe that everyone has a different defintion or opinion on what it means to love another person, so I'm pretty okay with people saying they love someone they have never met.

I'm not entirely too sure what love is, to be honest. Friends have tried to define what it is, put a string of words together to describe the feeling. I've even asked a number of them how they knew they loved a person. It just does not make all that much sense to me, really. Eh. Oh well. It doesn't bother me all that much.

I have felt very strongly for two people in my life. Perhaps three, I'm still not sure about that. The first one I never met, she ended up hating my guts. The second one I met, she ended up hating my guts and wishing I would die in the Middle East. The third one, the one I'm not entirely too sure about yet, hasn't started hating me yet. I met her before talking to her.

I'm not sure if that is really an answer to the question. Love is not a feeling or emotion I will ever understand. Pessimistic, right?

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-23-2006, 12:47 AM
I think you need to at least spend some time with someone to fall in love with them. Spending time together with someone and being with that someone is what makes that "love" special. If you take away that, what's left?

But, when I was a young teen, I "fell in love" with Kelly Clarkson. Since then, I've grown up.

Resha
09-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Nope! :D And ne'er will~

Jojee
09-23-2006, 05:16 AM

:cry:

Resha
09-23-2006, 05:17 AM

:cry:

My darling, I never count you as a never-met person ;___; You're like in my SOUL! :heart: Forgive me :(

Miss_Lulu
09-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Everyone is going to think I am joking, but I am not.
I fell in love with Psychotic.

Christmas
09-23-2006, 05:34 AM
NEVER.

rubah
09-23-2006, 05:42 AM
People only get better when you meet them in person, I've found.

Yew-Yevon
09-23-2006, 05:43 AM
As far as any relationship with the fairer sex goes...its beyond the relm of posibility.

Mirage
09-23-2006, 05:53 AM
I've had a few crushes, but not love.

Shlup
09-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Does a TV show character count?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/ap/49ac9b25-149f-455b-83d8-1bf22acf0664.widec.jpg

Araciel
09-23-2006, 06:08 AM
no. people on the interweb are definatly off limits

Mirage
09-23-2006, 06:09 AM
It doesn't break with the only requirement for this topic, so yes :p.

NorthernChaosGod
09-23-2006, 11:41 AM

^Wins.

Shauna
09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
I've never, but many people decided they loved me, and told me randomly. It's kinda creepy, having someone you've talked to, like once, tell you they love you. xD

Polaris
09-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Have you ever fallen in love with someone you’ve never met?

Yes

Would you be willing to meet with this special someone?

Yes

If so; does anyone have a good/bad story?

??????

Owen Macwere
09-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I do love someone I never met and I know I would never meet.
Doesn't love mean, you feel so attached to a person and can't live a day without hearing from him/her.

I do love Bella, and will always do, even if I am never ment to see her face to face. You don't need to see someone to love him, love comes so suddenly and so against your will.

udsuna
09-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Does a TV show character count?

Bizarrely, people have been known to fall in love (by fall in love, that means the infatuation that people tend to call love) with COMPLETELY fictional characters.... so you don't even get in the showing for extremes.

And, obviously, if one can "fall in love" with someone fictional, then it shouldn't be too hard to fall for someone you've never met. Gotta say I got pretty emotional over one girl I met online.

Spiffing Cheese
09-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I LOVE LOVEHURTS, OKAY?

Seriously, no. Huge crush, maybe, but that's it.

daggertrepe
09-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Celebs.