PDA

View Full Version : What's a good strategy for defeating the Dread Dragon?

Crossblades
09-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Anyone know of a good strategy of defeating him?

Yeargdribble
09-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Me and my wife duo it as BLM/NIN and SMN/NIN. Go in ES+Sleep the Dragon... she solo's the eye with Carby and then uses Astral Flow with Shiva on the Dragon and I help finish it off as well.

The normal strat would be to take some melees, a WHM and a BLM. Have the BLM ES+Sleep the Dragon and everyone else take out the eye quickly. When you are done with the eye just hammer away at the dragon. I would suggest that mages stand directly in the middle of the dragon. While they may get hit with AoE, it's better than getting drawn in and having their casting interupted.

Ouch!
09-23-2006, 12:06 AM
It's really a lot easier than most people think. I trio'd it with a friend. Two level 20 MNK/WARs and a level 20 BLM/WHM. Hundred Fists owned it.

Lionx
09-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Duoed it as PLD/WAR with my WAR/MNK friend, just bring some OJ, take out the eye first, then take the dragon out. Siimple as that, pushover fight. Or you can always solo it as a DRG/RDM :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjekGdM5MM8

Basically its take eye out first to prevent magic, and fight dragon afterwards. Its really easy.

Crossblades
09-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Can I defeat them by myself even though I'm a 25 MNK/12 WAR?

Lionx
09-23-2006, 01:04 AM
With enough medicine/potions/regen drinks and etc and careful use of your abilities you probably could. You might want a Icarus Wing for 100TP off the bat though.

Its cheaper and easier with just one more person though(preferably that can heal...anyone that can heal). Soloing this thing requires planning and money.