PDA

View Full Version : It's possible to get 80 MPG out of your car.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-23-2006, 05:12 AM
I've been reading up on this webpage, www.himacresearch.com, and finally found that I'm not crazy.

I had a 50cc motorcycle that would do 58 mph and would consistently get 230 mpg with only a vapor induction system. It's really possible.

Thought everyone should know about the great injustice we are being dealt by from the oil companies.

starseeker
09-23-2006, 08:53 AM
The easiest was to get the best mpg out of you car would be to roll down a hill with the engine off. Then you use no fuel.

Rase
09-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Call me skeptical, but if someone had this technology, why wouldn't they just patent it, build a car with it, and sell it? They'd make tons of money while helping the environment and saving everyone money on gas. This just sounds like the "gas pills" and other conspiracy theories that have been around for as long as cars have been.

NorthernChaosGod
09-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Real cars get 15 mpg or less.

bipper
09-23-2006, 04:52 PM
By replacing the battery in a hybrid car to a lithium base you can get over 100mpg. I read about this a few months ago. There are shops that will mod your care for about 12,000 bucks. :D

udsuna
09-23-2006, 04:56 PM
why wouldn't they just patent it, build a car with it, and sell it? They'd make tons of money while helping the environment and saving everyone money on gas. This just sounds like the "gas pills" and other conspiracy theories that have been around for as long as cars have been.

One of the guys where I lived did just that. Designed an engine that used some complicated mix of water in the fuel injection. Patented it. Exon Mobile bought the patent for 2.5 million dollars. That was over five years ago. I saw the design (the guy even gave me the numbers so I could look the thing up in the patent files), and it's brilliant. I played with the "prototype" (aka- the guy's old Cadillac truck.... and if something bigger than your average SUV made back in the early 80s can get almost 80 miles to the gallon..... a normal car should be almost nothing.)

09-24-2006, 05:00 AM
My buddy has a Pontiac with a 467 ci motor that got 32-35 mpg. The car had close to 500 hp and would burn a set of tires off anyday with 340,000 miles on the clock. I was never able to see the car though. Supposedly he was paid off some $2 million to keep his mouth shut, and looking at the 3 brand spanking new cars sitting in his driveway, I wouldn't doubt it.

I guess that's how I'll make my fortune. I'll patent a super fuel injection system and then sell it. I already know how to do it, so fortune, here I come!!

Shoeberto
09-24-2006, 06:12 AM
By replacing the battery in a hybrid car to a lithium base you can get over 100mpg. I read about this a few months ago. There are shops that will mod your care for about 12,000 bucks. :D
And then you get an iBook-esque explosion except in your whole car, likely spreading to the fuel tank! Hooray!

bipper
09-25-2006, 03:21 AM
And then you get an iBook-esque explosion except in your whole car, likely spreading to the fuel tank! Hooray!

From what I have heard explosion is a non issue - so far. As long as they keep Mac OS X off the car, there is no reason for it to explode, right? :D

IlGreven
09-25-2006, 03:24 AM
why wouldn't they just patent it, build a car with it, and sell it? They'd make tons of money while helping the environment and saving everyone money on gas. This just sounds like the "gas pills" and other conspiracy theories that have been around for as long as cars have been.

Well, the counter-conspiracy is that Big Auto is subsidized by Big Oil, and thus will not make cars that are too fuel efficient, so they can get their subsidies.

One of the guys where I lived did just that. Designed an engine that used some complicated mix of water in the fuel injection. Patented it. Exon Mobile bought the patent for 2.5 million dollars.

...and I guarantee you that it will never see the road now. Because Big Oil does not want something more fuel efficient on the roads, as it will cut into their profits.

rubah
09-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Funny, 'cause big oil has lowered their prices by a good fifty cents.

But I bet that's just to make us think they're good people. Tricking us.

bipper
09-25-2006, 03:46 AM

But I bet that's just to make us think they're good people. Tricking us.

With the Political War known as campaining comming up, of course the democrats and select rebulican's want thier private interests in the oil market to stay low key. Make everything look good for the elections and campaining you know.

Kinda the same reason that strip searching was recently past in public schools. Simply so a select few can look like they vote in the name of educations.

Power runs our lives, polotitions run power, money and information buy power. So yes, all these interrelated things are all that can really drive oil prices down as fast as they could. And no, it is not all because of BP, as BP retained higher oil prices for quite a while there during the decend in price.

Fuck Government.

IlGreven
09-25-2006, 04:22 AM

...which is a flesh wound compared to the money they'd lose if every car on the road suddenly got 50 MPG. The demand for gas will have dropped by half, you see, and this means they gotta lower the prices even more to make it worth someone's while to shop there. This Big Oil cannot have. Thus, they desperately try to buy the patents to anything that even hints at better fuel efficiency.

...at least, that's the legend.

rubah
09-25-2006, 04:28 AM
yeah that was the point I made in the second line xD

Bipper, you should be RSL's vice president when he's in office.

bipper
09-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Bipper, you should be RSL's vice president when he's in office.

Get presidential pay and perks while doing nothing! I am so there :D

09-25-2006, 05:46 PM
When I started driving, gas was a buck thirty. I just filled up at 2.85 a gallon for 91 octane the other day, and I was thrilled cause last time it was 3.13 a gallon. Why should I be thrilled though. It's twice as much as 4 years ago.

And what's so bad about OS X? I have an iBook, it's great!

bipper
09-25-2006, 08:56 PM
And what's so bad about OS X? I have an iBook, it's great!

It was more of a joke :)