PDA

View Full Version : Skinny supermodels

starseeker
09-23-2006, 02:12 PM
The question is this, what do you think of skinny supermodels and what size would you like to be/you like your girlfriend to be?

I find nothing wrong with naturally skinny women but i draw the line where you can see a person's ribs. Plus I know from experience that a woman with a model figure would probably have difficulty finding clothes that fit in a high street clothes shop.

Rye
09-23-2006, 02:18 PM
I have no problem with a skinny supermodel, just that every supermodel is stick thin, and especially that if someone isn't a stick thin model, they HAVE to be a plus size model. There are no sizes in between. I've seen size 3 and less models and size 14 models, but size 8 models? Nope. That makes me rather angry. I don't like hearing that models are actually realistic size lately, because to me, a 5'9" woman being a size 2 is not realistic.

I'm a size 8-9 in most stores, but I'm occasionally a 7. I'd like being a size 6 or 7, but I don't really see that happening, since I have big hips and I'm not extremely active, nor can I stick to a diet well. I wouldn't even mind my size all that much, but I'm only 5'0" feet tall so it's rather difficult at times.

Lost Number
09-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Anyoen stupid enough to starve themselves unhealthy - and I know a couple - are stupid. I dont see anything attractive about super-skinny models either. I prefer at least a little meat on them.

boris no no
09-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I think that curvey (And I mean curvey) women look better then super thin women.
http://www.amazemagazine.com/Pix/Magazine/2006/AprMay/maddy4.jpg
Sexy <3

Mo-Nercy
09-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Skinny is fine but supermodel skinny is grotesque. Personally, I like some curves on my girls so the last things I want to see are protruding ribs and backbones. :eep:

Levian
09-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Many supermodels look like 8 year old boys, and I don't like 8 year old boys. I like them have a little flesh, like most baywatch babes. :D Run like the wind Yasmine Bleeth, run!

Dreddz
09-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Arent skinny models getting banned from fashion shows ?

Miriel
09-23-2006, 04:04 PM

Yes they are! Fashion capitals the world over are banning models who are too skinny in favor of healthier looking girls. Yaaaay!

daggertrepe
09-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Ew like this:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/image_model/models/winners/brittanypicozzi4.jpg

http://www.reviewjournal.com/image_model/models/winners/brittanypicozzi7.jpg

You can't seee the image very well, but she's GROSS.

Vikeve
09-23-2006, 05:37 PM
eeeeeewwwww thats tooooo skiny thats nasty.

rubah
09-23-2006, 05:39 PM
The question is this, what do you think of skinny supermodels and what size would you like to be/you like your girlfriend to be?

I find nothing wrong with naturally skinny women but i draw the line where you can see a person's ribs. Plus I know from experience that a woman with a model figure would probably have difficulty finding clothes that fit in a high street clothes shop.
Nearly the only shops I went to had sizes that were far too small. A M/L seems about on par with an American small :p So I don't doubt they'd have ease finding clothes, at least in london :p

Sylvie
09-23-2006, 05:51 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/entries/4500/4928GLnk_w.jpg
What would you rather have?

Madame Adequate
09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
The reason fashion shows cause such aversion in me is that the vast majority of models are so thin they're not even amusing to laugh at, let alone attractive.

Curvier girls are better, as proved by boris.

Decessus
09-23-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't think I want to date Skeletor.

Does my pelvis make my butt look big?

Rengori
09-23-2006, 08:17 PM
People who starve themselves to be skinny are probably idiots/insane. I don't like either of those. Also they look pretty ugly when you can see some of thier bones.

Peegee
09-23-2006, 08:44 PM
- ribs are sexy
- abs are really sexy
- muscles are sexy
- in good shape is sexy
- skinny is sexy
- obese is not as sexy
- normal weight can be attractive

It all comes down to this question: is the mass spread out in a flattering manner?

roxy
09-24-2006, 03:23 AM
I am size 10, and I am happy, because most people my age are.

I am proportioned, im not a twig but in not fat = its a win-win!

kikimm
09-24-2006, 03:51 AM
I don't really think anything of skinny supermodels. Maybe if I felt that I had to look that way it would bother me but....I dunno. I don't even know where I'm going with this. I guess I just don't care! And I'm fine with the size that I am. Finally. In fact, I'm enjoying it.

RiseToFall
09-24-2006, 05:46 AM
Here is my perfect girl.

http://www.alpslabs.com/images/skeleton.gif

StarChild
09-24-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm a plus sized woman, and I'm quite proud of my curves, but it doesn't mean that I don't work out or allow myself to be a plus sized woman. I work out every other day for two hours, and this is just how my body is. I think really skinny girls are gross. If you look healthy, then that's wonderful, as long as a person looks healthy.

Yamaneko
09-24-2006, 07:32 AM
We demand perfection from our women. Anything less is unacceptable.

starseeker
09-24-2006, 08:47 AM

Yes they are! Fashion capitals the world over are banning models who are too skinny in favor of healthier looking girls. Yaaaay!

It's only Madrid.
It is possible to be healthy and slightly underweight. I'm a size 6/8 (British) in clothes and my BMI is 18/19. And I don't diet or starve myself at all. But shopping is hell. Most things just fall off.

Yooniece
09-24-2006, 11:26 AM
I like slim-curvy. Not slim to curvy. Slim but with curves. Think Monica Bellucci, Kate Beckinsale and Catherine Zeta-Jones. They're all model height but not Kate-Moss-esque (I love her, but for different reasons). I do not like boyish figures. And I do not like chub. I am a picky girl.

Ultima Shadow
09-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Slim or just "normal size". Too skinny or fat is a big no no.

Xander
09-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Whatever really, that's what the modelling industry's like isn't it? If they're happy with it, fine. But the thing that bothers me is size 14 is not big or plus size! What do you call over size 20 then? Grr. Plus so many people have sizes they naturally are and they'd look dumb being too skinny.

If those models have to have special diets or starve themselves then I just feel more sorry for them than anything really.

It must be so damn hard for girls sometimes, because they're not supposed to be TOO skinny or TOO fat. So we're supposed to be "normal" and just right in the middle and stick like that? One bit the wrong way and you're suddenly not normal?

Whatever your weight is, if you're being that weight to be "normal" or so you look right to others then I don't think that makes you suddenly sexy. I think girls who are happy with themselves and not constantly whining or worrying or dieting are sexier. And I'm not saying I never whine or worry, of course I do. But come on, there are more important things in life to worry about.

Rusty
09-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Whatever really, that's what the modelling industry's like isn't it? If they're happy with it, fine. But the thing that bothers me is size 14 is not big or plus size! What do you call over size 20 then? Grr. Plus so many people have sizes they naturally are and they'd look dumb being too skinny.

If those models have to have special diets or starve themselves then I just feel more sorry for them than anything really.

It must be so damn hard for girls sometimes, because they're not supposed to be TOO skinny or TOO fat. So we're supposed to be "normal" and just right in the middle and stick like that? One bit the wrong way and you're suddenly not normal?

Whatever your weight is, if you're being that weight to be "normal" or so you look right to others then I don't think that makes you suddenly sexy. I think girls who are happy with themselves and not constantly whining or worrying or dieting are sexier. And I'm not saying I never whine or worry, of course I do. But come on, there are more important things in life to worry about.

Agree 100%

daggertrepe
09-24-2006, 03:49 PM
That was a girl that Janice hired into her agency. If she came to me I would have told her to go to McDonalds and not to come back until she's gained a good ten pounds.

Now there are can be good skinny, too. Those are the kinds of models we need.

Shiny
09-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Some skinny people are okay. If that's how they naturally are and if it's not overboard. But, when people become too skinny so much so that we can see their rib cages then it becomes gross. What bothers me the most is that the modeling industry just focuses on one type of woman and they expect others to look that way; tall and really skinny.

Miriel
09-24-2006, 05:07 PM

It's only Madrid.
It is possible to be healthy and slightly underweight. I'm a size 6/8 (British) in clothes and my BMI is 18/19. And I don't diet or starve myself at all. But shopping is hell. Most things just fall off.

It's not only Madrid. Milan, London are following suit. New York and Paris will come to their senses soon enough.

Skarr
09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Too me its all in the face of the person. I don't mind if they're skinny. Right and that personality thing too.

~SapphireStar~
09-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Im glad theyve finally been banned! They send out the wrong message to young girls who want to be slim and beautiful. I hate people thinking that skinny people are the beautiful ones. Its your personality at the end of the day that counts and if people cant see that, then thats their loss.

Big curves all the way I say!