PDA

View Full Version : Skydiving

Dreddz
09-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Next week Ill be going on my first skydive, something ive been looking forward to for a very long time. Im having to be attached to someone else, but that dosent bother me so much. But when I get the oppotunity, Im doing a solo dive, just so I can muck about in the air while falling :p Most of the people ive talked to about this say they wouldnt do it, but the idea of continuously falling appeals to me so much. Im being sponsored to do this, meaning Im doing to dive for free.

Anyone else planning to or has already done a skydive ? Whats your opinions on them ?

LunarWeaver
09-23-2006, 07:57 PM
My dad basically lives at a dropzone and he's been skydiving since I was like 13 or something. He absolutely loves it. My brother has done two tandems, and he loved it as well, and they tried to get me to do one, but it's just not something I'm really into or care about.

I don't really look at it as dangerous anymore... Probably just because I've been around it for so long the fear of it is completely gone. Sort of expensive though X_x

I've certainly never heard anybody say anything other then "THAT WAS AWESOME" when they land, so I'm sure you'll have fun Dreddz!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-23-2006, 08:06 PM
i plan to do it in a few years as an anniversary or something, or for fun :D

farplaner
09-23-2006, 11:38 PM
I've never jumped, but I'd like to. How exactly did you get sponsored Dreddz, so that I may follow your lead. My brother and I talked about skydiving a while back, but we didn't have the time or the money...

The farthest I've fallen was about four stories from a cliff into a lake. It was quite a sensation, but it only lasted two or three seconds.

Anyway, enjoy Dreddz, and take notes so you can come back and tell us more about it than "It was awesome!"

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-24-2006, 12:33 AM
isnt a jump like 100 dollars?

Dreddz
09-24-2006, 12:56 AM
It costs around £120 in the UK. To get one for free, get sponsored to raise money for a charity. That way you dont have to pay for the dive.

Zeldy
09-24-2006, 01:00 AM
£120? Bloody hell. No thanks xD
My friend made me promise to do it sometime, and I know what she's like, and I will end up doing it sometime in the future.

She dragged me onto one of those rides that isnt really a ride, and 2 of you sit in this ball, and its like an elastic band that shoots you into the air. Oh god that was enough for me. That cost £20 at Southport. We got a free DVD of it - Oh god xD I tried to get it on the pc but failed, and my friend was in stitches laughing at me screaming so much.

Christmas
09-24-2006, 02:54 AM
I'm still trying to practice swimming in the sky, diving had to wait. :(

Bunny
09-24-2006, 02:57 AM
If the option opened up to me and I could manage it fairly easily I would go ahead and do it. However, I don't have enough motivation to even bother attempting to find a place that would allow me to skydive. Eh. Maybe some day.

I prefer to be grounded.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-24-2006, 05:37 AM
I plan on doing this on my eighteenth birthday. A year and a half away. I can't wait. :D

I think falling is one of the coolest most awesome sensations ever.

StarChild
09-24-2006, 07:15 AM
I want too, but I'm scared outta my mind to do it, lol!!!

Yamaneko
09-24-2006, 07:34 AM
I'd rather get high reading a book.

farplaner
09-24-2006, 09:06 AM
I'd rather get high reading a book.

Hey!! That paper is for reading, not for smoking!

Yooniece
09-24-2006, 11:29 AM
I've done 3 jumps since I turned 18. Biggest adrenaline rush ever. Get a video if you can, but beware that it's very unflattering =P Spit/tears will run down- er, up your face if you try screaming for joy/fear/God during your jump so you might as well just whoop once before the plunge and save your breath on the way down. It's SOOOOOOOOO much fun. I hope you enjoy it!!! =D