PDA

View Full Version : Shaving

Sylvie
09-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Okay, so I just got done shaving my arms. (They get really hairy, and I fear seeing what they would turn into if I didn't shave them every once in a while.)

Topic is: How often do you shave? What do you shave? Just your beard? Legs? Arms? Anything?

This is for ladies too, I guess.

stuffing
09-23-2006, 10:45 PM
bout' every other day ... only my face

Cz
09-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Hairy arms are a sign of manliness. If anything, you should be glueing more hair to your arms, not shaving it off.

Stubble doesn't look very good on me, so I shave whenever I go out. Just the face.

Ouch!
09-23-2006, 10:46 PM
bout' every other day ... only my face
Ditto.

Levian
Miriel is in charge of my shaving. She even set up a schedule, but my beard was wet so I used it to dry it.

~*~Celes~*~
I shave my legs, armpits, and....yeah, that place.

Alive-Cat
09-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Just my face. Usually every two days or whenever I am going somewhere special.

Breine
09-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I just shave my beard about twice a week. I could probably do it more often, but I dislike shaving so I guess that's the reason why. I would hate it if I was a girl and had to shave my legs and arm pits.

Sylvie
09-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Hairy arms are a sign of manliness. If anything, you should be glueing more hair to your arms, not shaving it off.

Well, the thing is, I'm really skinny. So it looks pretty weird on me. I might keep it on next time, I dunno. It grows pretty fast anyhow.

farplaner
09-23-2006, 10:55 PM
I hate body hair. If I could do something to permanently (and painlessly) remove all the hair on my body...I would consider it. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to look like a complete sissy-boy....it's quite a conundrum.

As it is, I shave (my beard) basically everyday, unless I'm staying in. My beard is like a barbed 20-grit sandpaper.

Also, shaving sux big Oscar Mayer hotdogs. Can't someone come up with a way that I can get a clean shave without tearing five layers of skin off my face??

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-23-2006, 10:58 PM
dont shave.....

Tasura
09-23-2006, 11:00 PM
I shave once or twice a year, depending on If there are funerals/weddings/Christmas type stuff and only my face, otehrwise I dont.

BardTard
09-23-2006, 11:03 PM
I hate body hair. If I could do something to permanently (and painlessly) remove all the hair on my body...I would consider it. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to look like a complete sissy-boy....it's quite a conundrum.

Lasers. They really don't hurt.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Well, I've pretty much given up on shaving... I have this uneven facial hair growth thing going... And I just use Nair For Men on my... uh... nether regions... Mostly I'm just a natural "twink". Uh... Waitaminute... We're talking about women shaving, right... Forget what I just said.:eep:

Rase
09-23-2006, 11:09 PM

This man is one of great wisdom. Heed his words.

I shave my face about once every 2-3 days. I don't really like the feeling of a beard. I've never tried shaving my arms/legs/anything else, and don't plan on it.

Decessus
09-23-2006, 11:11 PM
I look like Chewbaca.

Or whatever the hell that thing from Star Trek was.

Iceglow
09-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Hmm call me lazy but razor blades cost a lot of cash really (£5 for 4 blades) but I shave when I have to shave for example I shave for work and then again for like week end if Kitten asks me nicely. Also I have started growing a beard (goatee with 'tash) which takes some of the effort out of shaving.

farplaner
09-23-2006, 11:25 PM

Lasers. They really don't hurt.

I should have added inexpensive.

I look like Chewbaca.

Or whatever the hell that thing from Star Trek was.

...I think you mean Star Wars! What are you, not a nerd or something!? :tongue:

Yeah, razors are expensive! I also have the 'stache, goatee combo.

Chloe.
09-23-2006, 11:30 PM
I shave my legs and armpits every other day :bigsmile:

Zeldy
09-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Shaved my arms once, Oh god what a nightmare xD
I hate my arms, I have dark thick hair, and pale pale skin, and Im sick of people mentioning "Your arms are so HAIRY". Im like.. thanks?

I shave my legs every other day, and arm pits when it needs it.

StarChild
09-24-2006, 12:08 AM
armpits, every day, legs, once a week...if I'm lucky...and down there...erm...once a week too.

I should shave my arms...or do something, cuz one arm is kind of fluffy...not like rabbit fluffy...but close

Meat Puppet
09-24-2006, 12:31 AM
I shave just about everything. It feels so much better. I shave my face least of all because that is, in my opinion, the hardest part of my body to shave.

rubah
09-24-2006, 12:35 AM
Shaved my arms once, Oh god what a nightmare xD
I hate my arms, I have dark thick hair, and pale pale skin, and Im sick of people mentioning "Your arms are so HAIRY". Im like.. thanks?

I shave my legs every other day, and arm pits when it needs it.

I've always been afraid people would comment on my hairy arms, but if they have, I didn't hear it.

Hambone
09-24-2006, 01:10 AM
I don't yet. My brother and mother say I need to shave my "mustache"

Roto13
09-24-2006, 01:16 AM
I have a full beard which I trim when I start to look like a hermit. That's all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/OdinDragoon/rotothebear.gif

Sylvie
09-24-2006, 01:45 AM
I have a full beard which I trim when I start to look like a hermit. That's all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/OdinDragoon/rotothebear.gif
You can all thank me for making that picture.

Bunny
09-24-2006, 02:15 AM
I only shave my face because it is required for my job. I have thought about shaving elsewhere but I don't really care for it either way. Maybe one of these days.

Jojee
09-24-2006, 02:46 AM
Nonono, not at all in all cases. I like the guy to have some hair on his arms, but there's a point where it gets ridiculous. My Criminal Justice TA this semester.. o_O He's really pale, and then his arm.... it's like... SOOooo hairy... except only the top side of it, so it's really disturbing. I wish he would shave or something, it's like, he turns his arm and it's suddenly a patch of mucho hairiness. D:
Him: blah blah blah blah
Me: *stares at his arm* O_O

I shave my legs every week or so ^^ and armpits whenever needed. And hm..

Markus. D
09-24-2006, 02:48 AM
I shave my face.

roxy
09-24-2006, 03:21 AM
legs, forearms and underarms.
Where ever I please.

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Usually just my face, and I don't care for midsection hair either...but I don't mind everything else.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-24-2006, 06:06 AM
I shave my face everyday. I like to be smooth. =]

But that is all. I shaved my legs once. Never again. I let a fellow wrestler talk me into it. No. Smooth legs is not for me.

eestlinc
09-24-2006, 08:24 AM
I hate shaving, so I always let my beard grow for a week or so until it gets too itchy and then it becomes worth the effort to shave. I used to shave more when I had a job but now that I am back in school it's open season on the stubble.

starseeker
09-24-2006, 08:43 AM
I shave my armpits every other day. I shave 'down there' once a week and I shave my legs roughly every other week.

farplaner
09-24-2006, 09:03 AM
I shave my face everyday. I like to be smooth. =]

But that is all. I shaved my legs once. Never again. I let a fellow wrestler talk me into it. No. Smooth legs is not for me.

sounds like said "fellow wrestler" was looking forward to a "smooth match" with IBC. lol

Slade
09-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I only shave my face and only once a week. I like the whole rugged look. If I didn't have a phobia of sharp objects, I'd shave with a piece of glass ;)

vorpal blade
09-24-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't really shave much. A few times per year, unless I have to for some reason. Otherwise, I might trim it evry few weeks. And just by beard.

Owen Macwere
09-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Just my beard every 2-3 days, but I like to keep it sometimes, though as small as possible. I got ride of my mustache, just keep few hair in there. People say it looks cool. :cool:

~SapphireStar~
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
I can shave my arms and legs every single day cause I have my own shower. Before it was once a week cause I shared my bathroom with my ex and his mates.

Ashley Schovitz
09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Just my legs and my arms of course.

Shion Strife
09-24-2006, 07:24 PM
ewww i hate shaving..its literally the plague of my being...i dont care if i have hair on my leg...i dont know why xociety does....:eek:

everytime i do i end up cutting myself or even pulling whole layer of skin off my legs:cry: hahahahaaaa and to make stuff even worse be skin is really sensitive so i get a rash too....yipee:)

luckily for me i have an excuse for why im not...on my swim team we dont shave our legs during the seaon...weeeeeee:tongue:

bet that post made ur day

farplaner
09-25-2006, 08:09 AM
luckily for me i have an excuse for why im not...on my swim team we dont shave our legs during the seaon...weeeeeee:tongue:

bet that post made ur day

I thought swimmers shaved everything for increased aerodynamics...

Nominus Experse
09-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah, I thought swimmers did that, too. I was on swimteam, and that's what I was told.

Myself, however, I am a fucking yeti. I have hair on every part of my body, save my palms and tarsels. I shave my face every few days or so, seeing as it ultimately leads to more kisses and the like than a hairy face does. Other than that though, nothing more or less. I asked if my girlfriend minded if she were dating a yeti, but she says no. All the better for me.

I guess my girlfriend doesn't mind having a bear in her bed, a monkey's arm around her middle, or a sasquatch eating her food...

ValkyrieWing
09-25-2006, 08:26 AM
My first boyfriend was immensely harry. My currend boyfriend is not, just slighty scruffy, which I like LOTS. :)

NorthernChaosGod
09-25-2006, 09:25 AM
I shave every other day, and only my face.

Rinoabella
09-25-2006, 11:09 AM
My underarms...I wax my legs every now and then. Underarm hair should be banned on females :|

Twisted Tinkerbell
09-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I shave my legs, arms, down there, whenever I need to. Or rather in the case of my legs, when Iceglow reminds me to.

Polaris
09-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Just the lgs, under the arms and down... I don't need to shave my arms coz my hairs are light ^^

Rosenti
09-25-2006, 12:24 PM
if a guy shaves his legs, hes either gay.. or something else..

Polaris
09-25-2006, 12:28 PM
or something else..

he's hygienic...:rolleyes2 not all guys who shave beyound the face are gay!

Bunny
09-25-2006, 12:29 PM
if a guy shaves his legs, hes either gay.. or something else..

A swimmer? Someone who doesn't like body hair?

black orb
09-25-2006, 06:58 PM
>>> I can tell you what I do not shave, that is my face, head, arms and legs..

Miriel
09-25-2006, 07:05 PM
I shave my legs whenever I shower. But less so in the winter when I get lazy. :p

I expect my boyfriend to be nicely shaved every time I see him. Stubble is no good for kissing!

Ender
09-25-2006, 07:58 PM
I shave once a week, on Monday mornings. My beard grows in slowly and in general I think I look best with about four days worth of growth (clean-shaven I feel like I look like a fish and I hate it).

As I get older I'm also getting that nasty fluffy rabbit hair on the back of my neck which I shave whenever it gets to the point that I can feel it. For the record, I hate this on girls too. If hair is growing so low on your neck that it can't be reasonably included into a hairstyle in any way...lop it off! :barf:

I also wish I could just get rid of all the hair on my back...disgusting.

Everywhere else though I feel I have the perfect amount...enough to be "manly" but not nearly enough to be gross. ;)

edczxcvbnm
09-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I shave when I feel like it. I do like a bit of scruff :D

Kirobaito
09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
I tend to get lazy and go without shaving for a week or longer. My hair doesn't grow on my face particularly thick yet, so it looks kinda stupid when I don't, but whatever.

Shoeberto
09-25-2006, 08:17 PM
I shave when I feel like it, and feeling like it is usually incited by "hey you look like a goob/you're gonna look like a goob here soon, go shave."

Old Manus
09-25-2006, 08:21 PM
I do it every other day, because it gets too itchy itchy. Not tasty.

fire_of_avalon
09-25-2006, 08:31 PM
What is it with all you girls weeding the garden every week? Ouch ouch ouch.

I shave my legs and under my arms at least once a week. I shave my cha cha when I have to.

Peegee
09-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Everything on my body that I shave, I shave and let grow until it becomes ugly to me.

For facial hair it's very little before I freak out. For everything else I shave biweekly at the most.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Never, I look like Bigfoot.

Yuffie514
09-25-2006, 09:07 PM
i just shave whenever i want to and the longest being was perhaps about 3 weeks (mosquito bites). i'll wear long pants when i don't shave, otherwise i better take out the razor.

theundeadhero
09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
I shave my face five times a week and then let it free on the weekends. Everything else has been shaven at least once, and man it's weird when you rub against your own smooth leg when trying to sleep.

Jebus
09-25-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't shave.

I use a trimmer, and cut off my facial hair down to a stubble, but that's it.
I think I look pretty decent with stubble. *shrug*

Croyles
09-25-2006, 11:27 PM
About 2 to 3 times a week. The stubble looks alright on me, but it turns fluffy way too quickly.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I shave my beard when needed (1-2 times a week, it's starting to grow faster), but I don't shave anything else. I know that some guys shave their legs and other areas, but I feel their just falling into the media's trap. The companies will make a lot more money if they can get guys to shave and use more products. It's a big plan to make all of us men self-conscious and effiminate so we can buy a lot of products and make them more money.

So, as I say, I only shave my beard and mustache and that is the way it will stay.

Reine
09-26-2006, 01:03 AM
As mum used all my razors, and I cant be arsed to buy more, I just trim the annoying bits on face (round the mouth mainly)

Hairy chin~

Ryth
09-26-2006, 01:10 AM
I shave my face, like the beard, it always grows in funny, so I shave it. I keep the peach fuzz on my upper lip though.