PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming/recent gigs you've been to

DK
09-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah so basically this is just an excuse to brag about the fact that I got tickets to Dragonforce and then I got tickets to Iron Maiden which is going to be the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life, but I can't really just do that as it's kinda mean and also against the rules so yes

WHICH CONCERTS HAVE YOU BEEN TO RECENTLY OR ARE GOING TO AND LOOKING FORWARD TO?

Iron Maiden is going to fucking rule :love: :love: :love: :love:

I Took the Red Pill
09-23-2006, 11:51 PM
I went to Motley Crue not too long ago. Then of course local concerts. I don't plan on seeing anything in the immediate future, but who knows?

Madame Adequate
09-23-2006, 11:57 PM
My friend is going to see Schoolyard Heroes.

This is the only time in my entire life I have been jealous of someone going to a concert.

You see, normally, I hate the things. The crowdedness, the inferior music next to CD versions, ugh. Everything everyone else loves about live performances are the exact things I hate.

Cz
09-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Saw British Sea Power at the Barfly two weeks ago, and they were absolutely immense. Stage dives from every member of the band, and a performance of A Wooden Horse, which I'd never seen them play before. Plus I got a souvenir bar of BSP soap on my way out. :D

I'm a regular concert-goer, but I haven't got much lined up at the moment. I'm going to see Howling Bells at the ULU in October, but I'm hardly crazy about the band, so I'm not hugely excited. No-one worth seeing seems to be touring at the moment.

Enjoy Iron Maiden, you crazy, crazy person. :p

Meat Puppet
09-24-2006, 12:56 AM
I watch bands play at a local inn every Saturday night. They're mostly small local bands. The one last night sucked so I left early and because of my inability to catch taxis I had to walk home.

As for concerts; I'm going see Pearl Jam, and that's in November (if everything goes to plan). I have to go to a scary far away land by myself, though. And the crowd is probably going to be a mass of which I've only seen before at the BDO. But it'll be worth it. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Mythra
09-24-2006, 01:08 AM
Really mad I missed the Tool and Opeth concert, but I'm hoping to catch the Trivium concert, then the Godsmack/Breaking Benjamin concert, all in October. Those shows should be really good.

Venom
09-24-2006, 01:10 AM
I could have seen Morbid Angel this year!!!!

I found out that Wacken wasnt in the U.S. and my hopes were dashed.

No I havent seen any bands recently and I dont have any gigs to look forward to YET.:(

jrgen
09-24-2006, 08:01 AM
I could have seen Morbid Angel this year!!!!

I found out that Wacken wasnt in the U.S. and my hopes were dashed.

No I havent seen any bands recently and I dont have any gigs to look forward to YET.:(

I went to Wacken ...but I didn't see Morbid Angel. :D

I really wanted to, but they were playing at the same time as Orphaned Land.

theundeadhero
09-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Most recently was a few band practices of the local band in my signature. The last concert I went to must have been in Iraq when Toby Keith played for us. Don't have any plans for upcoming shows right now.

Kirobaito
09-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I will be seeing Tom Paxton in concert February 9th in Oklahoma City. That is the height of cool.

Xander
09-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Saw British Sea Power at the Barfly two weeks ago, and they were absolutely immense. Stage dives from every member of the band, and a performance of A Wooden Horse, which I'd never seen them play before. Plus I got a souvenir bar of BSP soap on my way out. :D

Ah, British Soap Power! :D

Well this gives me another excuse to talk about my fun weekend, last weekend, the first festival I've ever been to! End of the Road festival in Dorset/Wiltshire. I saw my favourite artists - the boy least likely to, suburban kids with biblical names, ed harcourt and i'm from barcelona along with some others who were great, my latest novel, tilly and the wall, badly drawn boy, oh, british sea power were not bad.. =P

I never really get to go to concerts due to where I live/having no friends who like music so this was really great to me....I still am pining to go back now :( It was so chilled, so friendly, and just really very awesome.

I'm From Barcelona were maybe the most lovable band ever, the boy least likely to were adorable, suburban kids were geeky and ed was lovely :D There were balloons and bubbles and peacocks and yummy organic mashed potato (yes).

The peacocks liked to sing along to the bands too.

http://www.rawrsome.com/files/peacockbus.jpg

I miss it loads!