PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man And Batman Begins

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Have you ever noticed the slight similarities between the first Spider-Man movie and Batman Begins? In those movies both Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne felt guilty after the death of their loved ones.

Peter felt guilty because not only did he refuse to stop the criminal who would murder Uncle Ben later on...But he also said something that probaby hurt Uncle Ben's feelings. In case you don't remember let me refresh your memory. "I know I'm not your father--" "Then stop pretending to be!"

Bruce felt guilty because he asked his father if they could leave the opera house after having a flashback of the swarm of bats who attacked him earlier. When Bruce and his parents left the opera house they were robbed by a common thief. The thief murdered Bruce's parents before his eyes. And Bruce blamed himself for their death.

"I thought I might prepare your supper." "..." "Very well." "Alfred! It's my fault they're dead!" "I asked them to leave the opera house! If I wasn't so afraid--" "No no you did nothing wrong do you understand?" "It was him." "I miss them Afred." "I miss them too Master Wayne."

(Sorry if I got the quote with Bruce and Alfred wrong I was going by memory again...I don't own a copy of the Batman Begins DVD yet but I will someday. I think I'll get the Deluxe Edition!:D)

Oh I almost forgot the line that Thomas Wayne said "Why do we fall?" "So we can learn to pick ourselves up." felt like the Batman version of the "With great power comes great responsibility." line.

Mneme
09-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Have you ever noticed the slight similarities between chocolate and strawberry flavoured ice cream...?

They're both cold, they live in the freezer, and they have this eerily similar line printed on the tubs saying "please keep well refridegerated"...

... spooky.

Roto13
09-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, pretty much. They're both superhero movies (and damn good ones). There are bound to be some similarities.

Bunny
09-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Death is a motivator. Without each of these happening to their respective superheroes, they would not have existed. Spider-Man would have continued on as he had before his uncle was murdered and Batman would not have had a reason to actually fight crime.

The "death as a motivator" is commonplace in superhero movies.

Rosenti
09-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Batman pwwns spiderman. LOL i dont know what im saying...

~SapphireStar~
09-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Batman does rule IMO over Spiderman. Spidermans a wuss to me. Batmans dark, mysterious and sexy. Plus he has a mansion! Im sold!

Mirage
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Face to face, Spiderman would win over Batman, just because of his superior physique. However, if Batman had a chance to prepare himself properly, he would probably win.

I personally think the Spiderman movies are by far the best superhero movies in existance.