PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Fantasy?

Tyrel1985
09-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Yea yea i know there has probably been a thousand threads about this:P but im a newb around here and want to see what everyone else thinks:P

personaly i like Final Fantasy 9 the best.although it was one of the easier final fantasy's it was generaly the funnest game to play.there werent so many charecters to follow as some of the other ff's.the game play was great.and also the way your charecters learned magic and skills was really orignal for ff's buy just equiping certain items and then having to ge the ability points to memorize them.there were tons of really cool side games that could keep you playing for litteraly hours.and also quite posibly the coolest FF charecter ever..VIIV!:)

LunarWeaver
09-24-2006, 08:01 AM
I better sneak in my answer before people start justifying their own by bashing all the others: X is my favorite.

Slade
09-24-2006, 10:46 AM
My favorite is Final Fantasy VIII.

aquatius
09-24-2006, 01:03 PM

Garnie
09-24-2006, 01:19 PM
final fantasy vii is the best ever. never again will the boffins at square will produce such brillience. yes we all know the trancelations were a bit off. but it kicks ass. thats why there bringing out a load of spin off games.

Raebus
09-24-2006, 01:26 PM
I think final fantasy vii is the best ever. never again will the boffins at square will produce such brilliance. yes we all know the translations were a bit off. but it kicks ass. thats why they're milking it for all it's worth.

Fixed.

IMO, ff9 is the most enjoyable.

The Crystal
09-25-2006, 04:48 AM
final fantasy vii is the best ever. never again will the boffins at square will produce such brillience. yes we all know the trancelations were a bit off. but it kicks ass. thats why there bringing out a load of spin off games.

Almost everyone that play the series, begun with FFVII. This is why many people like it. FFVII is "better" then the others, ONLY because of the nostalgic feeling. Anyone that is not a FFVII fanboy/fangirl, know this.

And in my opinion, FFIX is the better one.

Zeromus_X
09-25-2006, 05:17 AM
Almost everyone that play the series, begun with FFVII. This is why many people like it. FFVII is "better" then the others, ONLY because of the nostalgic feeling. Anyone that is not a FFVII fanboy/fangirl, know this.

Nostalgia can be a deciding factor in what games people like (since we can't really be right or wrong). For example, Final Fantasy IV was the first Final Fantasy I ever played. As such, it holds a special place in my heart, with nostalgic music, characters, and atmosphere. I could very well pick it as my favorite. Why people like or think something is their favorite is entirely up to them. Final Fantasy VII is not the most popular FF for this reason however, there are many other obvious reasons for it's popularity which I'm not repeating again, here.

I don't have much nostalgia with VII, so that proves your point wrong. I like it for other reasons (music, characters, blah blah blah), and I'm not a 'fanboy'. Just because something is liked by a good deal many people (and you honestly can't blame the first FF a deal of people worldwide have played for goodness, being popular!) doesn't mean that it's bad.

Anyway, I can't decide on an ultimate favorite, but FFIII, FFIV, FFVI, and FFVII are all pretty great. I like all the games for multiple reasons, and I find it very hard to dislike games (though I do acknowledge the bad aspects of the games). If I were forced to pick, it'd probably be III or VI though.

Favorite FF thread: # 33,476.

Marluxiaswife
09-25-2006, 05:57 AM
FFI-6 and FFX-2 :D

Bunny
09-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Final Fantasy VI.

ljkkjlcm9
09-25-2006, 02:11 PM
FFVI or FFIII

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
09-25-2006, 02:54 PM
My favorites in this order

1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Final Fantasy IV
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Final Fantasy I/Final Fantasy III(tied for fourth)
5. Final Fantasy XI

BustaMo
09-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Final Fantasy X. Love the characters. Love the backstory of each character and the world of Spira. My second choices would be FInal Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy V.

Roto13
09-25-2006, 04:36 PM
My favourite is VI, with VIII as my second.

The Crystal
09-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Nostalgia can be a deciding factor in what games people like (since we can't really be right or wrong). For example, Final Fantasy IV was the first Final Fantasy I ever played. As such, it holds a special place in my heart, with nostalgic music, characters, and atmosphere. I could very well pick it as my favorite. Why people like or think something is their favorite is entirely up to them. Final Fantasy VII is not the most popular FF for this reason however, there are many other obvious reasons for it's popularity which I'm not repeating again, here.

FFVII is more popular then the others because of the nostalgic feeling. The game have many good things, but the other games of the series have too. So, why VII is more popular then them? Nostalgic feeling.
You said that you begun the series with IV, and that IV is your favorite. Is the same thing with FFVII and VII fanboys/fangirls.

I don't have much nostalgia with VII, so that proves your point wrong.

You don't have much nostalgia, because your first was IV, not VII.

I like it for other reasons (music, characters, blah blah blah), and I'm not a 'fanboy'. Just because something is liked by a good deal many people (and you honestly can't blame the first FF a deal of people worldwide have played for goodness, being popular!) doesn't mean that it's bad.

I NEVER said that FFVII is a bad game. I like FFVII the same way that i like the others. But FFVII was the first FF that the majority of people played, and like you said "Nostalgia can be a deciding factor in what games people like" and you are a good example of this(FFIV).

FFVII is a good game, but saying that is better then the others just because is more popular, is a very big BS.

Kefka_Almighty
09-25-2006, 08:03 PM
My favorite is VI. I'm certain this must come as quite a shock to you all.

Snap Jumper
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Almost everyone that play the series, begun with FFVII.

There wouldn't have been FF7 if nobody played 1-6. Many may have started there, but not "almost everyone." I started with 1 and 4, and my favorites are 6 and 9, because of the fun gameplay and interesting characters.

~SapphireStar~
09-25-2006, 08:58 PM
My favorite is Final Fantasy VIII.

Dragon Mage
09-26-2006, 01:13 AM

The first game I played was 10. The nostalgic feeling I get from that game is the bile rising in the back of my throat. I didn't even finish the game. Afterwards, I played 7, and I must say it was far superior to 10, IMHO.

7 reveloutionized the ff games, and thus it gained quite a reputation. So naturally, people would play the game everyone claims is the best. Just because 7 has more reknown than your favorite game doesn't give you the right to scorn anyone saying they like FF7. Your assupmtion that it was the first game they played and hold it in the highest regard, and such anyone that says the like FF7 shouldn't be taken into consideration. Following your logic, everyone's opinion is biased and therefore, should be disregarded. Please, be fair and treat others opinions with respect, as you expect everyone to treat your opinion.

Zeromus_X
09-26-2006, 01:22 AM

FFVII is more popular then the others because of the nostalgic feeling. The game have many good things, but the other games of the series have too. So, why VII is more popular then them? Nostalgic feeling.
You said that you begun the series with IV, and that IV is your favorite. Is the same thing with FFVII and VII fanboys/fangirls.

FFVII is not the most popular solely because of nostalgia. It was the first FF released worldwide, the first to truly convey a story in a real cinematic presentation (with the FMVs), it is the first actually in 3D graphics, blah, blah, blah, I've said it all before.

I never said IV was my downright favorite, I just meant that it could be. I'm sorry if I confused you. I was only pointing out how nostalgia could be a major reason of why people enjoy a certain game, though it isn't the sole reason for everyone.

I don't have much nostalgia with VII, so that proves your point wrong.

You don't have much nostalgia, because your first was IV, not VII.

K. I still like VII though. It just isn't my favorite for nostalgia. I like it for other reasons than that, still proving your point wrong.

I like it for other reasons (music, characters, blah blah blah), and I'm not a 'fanboy'. Just because something is liked by a good deal many people (and you honestly can't blame the first FF a deal of people worldwide have played for goodness, being popular!) doesn't mean that it's bad.

I NEVER said that FFVII is a bad game. I like FFVII the same way that i like the others. But FFVII was the first FF that the majority of people played, and like you said "Nostalgia can be a deciding factor in what games people like" and you are a good example of this(FFIV).

FFVII is a good game, but saying that is better then the others just because is more popular, is a very big BS.

I never said it was better than all the others (unless you're talking about other people in general). FFVII is the first people have played for a plethora of other reasons, some listed above. They'd have to have played it first before they'd even develop nostalgia anyway.

The Crystal
09-26-2006, 01:55 AM
The first game I played was 10. The nostalgic feeling I get from that game is the bile rising in the back of my throat. I didn't even finish the game. Afterwards, I played 7, and I must say it was far superior to 10, IMHO.

7 reveloutionized the ff games, and thus it gained quite a reputation. So naturally, people would play the game everyone claims is the best. Just because 7 has more reknown than your favorite game doesn't give you the right to scorn anyone saying they like FF7. Your assupmtion that it was the first game they played and hold it in the highest regard, and such anyone that says the like FF7 shouldn't be taken into consideration. Following your logic, everyone's opinion is biased and therefore, should be disregarded. Please, be fair and treat others opinions with respect, as you expect everyone to treat your opinion.

Dude, i LOVE FFVII. What i hate are the mindless fanboys that say that VII is the best FF ever, and think that their opinion is a fact. And what they use to suport this "fact"? They use the fact that FFVII is more popular then the others, to say that it's better.
Because of this, i'm showing that FFVII is more popular, because of the time of its release, and because it was the first FF that ALMOST everyone played(and finished).

Araciel
09-26-2006, 07:59 AM
6 was the FF i got into the most, and it's by far my favourite

The Crystal
09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
FFVII is not the most popular solely because of nostalgia. It was the first FF released worldwide, the first to truly convey a story in a real cinematic presentation (with the FMVs), it is the first actually in 3D graphics, blah, blah, blah, I've said it all before.

The first, the first, the first. This is exactly what i'm saying.
FFVII have a good story, good graphics(to its time), good music, etc. The problem, is that the other FFs have the same things, so, why FFVII is "better"? Because it was the FIRST.

I never said IV was my downright favorite, I just meant that it could be. I'm sorry if I confused you. I was only pointing out how nostalgia could be a major reason of why people enjoy a certain game, though it isn't the sole reason for everyone.

No, it isn't the sole reason for everyone, but it's what make FFVII different then the others. All FFs have great graphics, great music, great story and great characters, to their times. The difference, is that FFVII was the FIRST.

K. I still like VII though. It just isn't my favorite for nostalgia. I like it for other reasons than that, still proving your point wrong.

I'm not saying that you have to hate VII. Hell, i love FFVII. FFVII is a very good game in many aspects, but it's not your(or my) favorite. But is the favorite of almost everyone that play the series. And almost all of them, begun playing the series with VII. Do you think that this is a coincidence?!

I never said it was better than all the others (unless you're talking about other people in general). FFVII is the first people have played for a plethora of other reasons, some listed above. They'd have to have played it first before they'd even develop nostalgia anyway.

Yeah, and this "plethora of other reasons" are presented in the other games too. But FFVII was the FIRST.

The difference between FFVII and the other FFs, to almost everyone, is the feeling of nostalgia. This is what i'm talking about. This is why FFVII is so "great".

And one more thing. When i say that FFVII was the first game that almost everyone played, i'm talking about playing and beating it, playing the entire game.
I hear some times, some people saying, for example "my first FF was VI when i was 4 years old and i hated it. I didn't even beat the game. But when i was 14 years old, i played FFVII and loved it, so, you are wrong." and this is ridiculous. When i say "the first FF" i mean "the first FF that you played and beat it, in an age that you are capable of understanding the story".

Dell
09-26-2006, 06:47 PM
I always lie about FFVII being my favourite, but that is because I want it so. I gotta be honest with myself, the only FF that shines in my heart was Final Fantasy IX. That is followed by FFVII, FFVI, FFIV and FFT. I got the feeling that once I have finished playing FFXII, it'll be my second or third favourite.

Bolivar
09-26-2006, 11:23 PM
And one more thing. When i say that FFVII was the first game that almost everyone played, i'm talking about playing and beating it, playing the entire game.
I hear some times, some people saying, for example "my first FF was VI when i was 4 years old and i hated it. I didn't even beat the game. But when i was 14 years old, i played FFVII and loved it, so, you are wrong." and this is ridiculous. When i say "the first FF" i mean "the first FF that you played and beat it, in an age that you are capable of understanding the story".

i dont want to add fuel to the fire but alot of people go off on rants about this and I have a very important question:

What are you people still complaining about?

When you have conversations or hear people talk about games, just how many people, today, do you hear endlessly proclaiming 7 to be the undisputed best????

Because on this site you'll find that most of the games get equal shine. On this very thread, you'll find VII, VI, VIII, IX, X and even III all popping up.

I'd like to say 7 was my first, first played and completed, but I didn't comprehend the storyline (completely) when I first played it.

I've beaten all of them except II & III since then. And the reason I still consider 7 one of my favorites is because I find that the battles are more fun compared to the rest of the series. That and the soundtrack, characters, and back story.

What's ironic is that when it comes to the North American FF community (especially on these forums), there's a huge amount of people that claim VI is the best for no reason other than it was (one of) their first. These people need to wake up and realize that it isn't just graphics that Square improved upon when VII came out.

I'm done with my rant, but I'm sick of fanboys calling other people fanboys just because their favorite game has been topped. Repeatedly.

My 4 favorites, I can't really rank them:
VII
IX
X
(and yes) VI.

Dragon Mage
09-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Dude, i LOVE FFVII. What i hate are the mindless fanboys that say that VII is the best FF ever, and think that their opinion is a fact. And what they use to suport this "fact"? They use the fact that FFVII is more popular then the others, to say that it's better.
Because of this, i'm showing that FFVII is more popular, because of the time of its release, and because it was the first FF that ALMOST everyone played(and finished).

All right, fine. But what you are doing is calling anyone that played FF7 first and say it's their favorite, a fanboy. And in the context that term is used in, you are insulting people.
And if you give me 20 examples of where people have said that FF7 is the best just because it was popular, then I shall desist. But I haven't seen anyone say anything like that anywhere. People here post their opinions and saying that FF7 is the best because it's the most popular is not opinion, it's fact. FF7 is the most heard of and therefore the most popular. But this has nothing to do with people's opinion. And no one ever considered their opinion as fact. Just where the heck did you get that from?

The difference between FFVII and the other FFs, to almost everyone, is the feeling of nostalgia. This is what i'm talking about. This is why FFVII is so "great".

Have you ever stopped and considered that there are, indeed, people that like FF7 just because they liked it better than the others? It must seem surprising to you but it is just that simple. Nostalgia has very little to do with it. If you liked many FF games, then you would experience nostalgia with those as well. Saying that people like FF7 just because of nostalgia is a very stupid argument. Nostalgia is not felt for just the first game you played; it's there when you replay a very good game, any game that you liked in particular. So please stop with the whole nostalgia thing. It's getting annoying.

When you have conversations or hear people talk about games, just how many people, today, do you hear endlessly proclaiming 7 to be the undisputed best????

Indeed, I must ask you this question, The Crystal.

The Crystal
09-27-2006, 01:58 AM
All right, fine. But what you are doing is calling anyone that played FF7 first and say it's their favorite, a fanboy. And in the context that term is used in, you are insulting people.

What i'm doing, is calling everyone that played FFVII first and say it's their favorite AND think that everyone have to agree with them, fanboys.

And if you give me 20 examples of where people have said that FF7 is the best just because it was popular, then I shall desist. But I haven't seen anyone say anything like that anywhere.

Fortunatelly, almost everyone in this forum have an open mind, and this is why you don't see many FFVII fanboys here. But in other forums you will find many of them.

People here post their opinions and saying that FF7 is the best because it's the most popular is not opinion, it's fact. FF7 is the most heard of and therefore the most popular.

Excuse me, but you really think that FFVII is better, because is more popular?!

But this has nothing to do with people's opinion. And no one ever considered their opinion as fact. Just where the heck did you get that from?

I get that from here:

And is not just here. MANY people in the internet think that way.

Have you ever stopped and considered that there are, indeed, people that like FF7 just because they liked it better than the others? It must seem surprising to you but it is just that simple. Nostalgia has very little to do with it. If you liked many FF games, then you would experience nostalgia with those as well. Saying that people like FF7 just because of nostalgia is a very stupid argument. Nostalgia is not felt for just the first game you played; it's there when you replay a very good game, any game that you liked in particular. So please stop with the whole nostalgia thing. It's getting annoying.

And have you, at leat, readed what i write?
Of course that exist people that like FFVII because they liked it better than the others. This is why i allways say that, ALMOST everyone that begun the series with FFVII, have VII as his/her favorite game in the series. But exist some people that begun with VII and dislike it, and exist people that played others FFs before it, but think that VII is the best. But the MAJORITY of them, begun with VII and think that it's the best.
And another thing that i said, is that people like FFVII NOT just because of nostalgia, but because of characters, story, etc. But the other games of the series, have these same qualitys too. So, why FFVII is more popular then them? Because, to the MAJORITY of people, FFVII was their first FF(or even their first RPG), and because of this, FFVII have something more, that make it "better" than the others.

Indeed, I must ask you this question, The Crystal.

Answer: MANY people. Unfortunatelly, exist many FFVII fanboys in the internet, until today.

And i'm talking about nostalgia and FF so much because, belive me, nostalgia is something VERY important in FF. You said that nostalgia don't exist only in the first game that someone played, and i agree. But the feeling of it, is more "powerfull" in the first game of the series that you played, then in the others. To the majority of people at least. And i know this, because i'm a guy, that visit many different FF forums. And after seeing many discussions, many polls of "what was your first FF game?" and "what is your favorite game in the series?", i discovered something very important. Almost everyone that play the series, have his/her first FF as his/her favorite. And for some reason, MANY people begun with VII.

FFVII is the most popular, and was the first FF of the majority. Do you really think that this is just a coincidence?!

I Took the Red Pill
09-27-2006, 02:12 AM
X, with IV as my second.

Psychotic
09-27-2006, 02:16 AM
Final Fantasy VII is my favourite Final Fantasy, but I am also very fond of FFIX and FFVI.

Just a note on the fanboy thing. FFVII isn't the only FF with fanboys, it's just that FFVII fanboys are the most numerous and the most hated because FFVII is the most popular FF. However, I think people saying "You only like (Game) because you're a fanboy!" or "(Game) is only popular because of fanboys!" is just as bad as fanboyism itself. Just ignore the fanboys like everybody else does, and then everyone wins.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-27-2006, 03:18 AM
Final Fantasy VI, is my favorite, but Final Fantasy Tactics is right up there with it and fighting for my loyalty and affection.

It's not a coincidence, it's just the idiot eye-candy hoaring masses love pretty shiny graphics, why do think there are so many suckers out there that got the Xbox 360 because of the graphics then find out that if they don't have HDTVs they'll never see all that glorious precious pixelated goodness; and of all the small quantity and limited genere of games, not to mention to get your full potential of the X360 you have to shell out even more clams (get it? Ah, whadda you know about comedy anyway...) for the X-Box Live features. And here's insult to injury, more than 50% of those units failed, or did not meet the needs of those that pre-ordered. HA HA Suckers! But I digress...

The only reason why a majority of people claim Final Fantasy VII as "The Best", even though there are no 'bests' there are only 'favorites', is because Final Fantasy did not become a 'craze' for the masses until the FMVs were introduced for a bunch of unimaginative eye-candy hoars. Most people only played to get to the next FMV instead of the next chapter of the story. Final Fantasy VII did however intergrate story and visually in the Final Fantasy tradition. And even now, most of their fans, complain now about it's 'outdated' graphics comapared to their precious Final Fantasy VIII which is the ultimate agitator of the "Generation Gap".

Final Fantasy VIII is the perfect example of too much concentration on visuals and less on the proper execution and development of story. I swear if it wasn't for the release of Final Fantasy Tactics at that time, I would have completely lost all faith in Squaresoft. FFVIII made me feel that something that was special to a small group of fans back in the First Gen days was suddenly ruined and sold-out to the masses that lack that one secret ingredient that Square always left up to the players: Imagination.

A lot of 2nd Gen, say this lame excuse of "The graphics are so lame and old", or "The stories are so old" without even playing them. Oh gimme a break. The only thing they love about FFVIII is the FMV and the over-the-top GF summons. Some complian that the battles in the 1 Gen FFs aren't detailed enough that they don't show the characters actually hit anything in the battles. I just ask them if they read a book with illustrations in it, and do the pictures move while you're reading the book? Okay, then, use your imagination, Doofus and Dullard. There's your required secret ingredient.

FFIX is an exception because at least the story, though I'll say, in my opinion, was pretty directionless. Too filled with sidequests but no direction to them.

The Saving Grace of 2nd Gen? Final Fantasy X. This was, in my opinion, the near-perfect and seemless intergration of story, visuals, and music, in short almost the perfect interactive cinematic Final Fantasy as it was in the past with the 1st Gen. From books to film.

FFX-2... Ugh... I'll only go there to say that the battle system and speed was it's only strong point.

So as much as I could put Final Fantasy I, IV, V, VI, VII, X, and Final Fantasy Tactics all on the pedestal of "THE BEST FINAL FANTASY" (echo), I can't. I can only do what I do in my game room... Put it on my "FAVORITE FINAL FANTASIES" shelf, and sigh a relief that I have them.

So get it through your head kids, there are not 'bests' there are favorites. So stop bickering with each other over nothing but your own freakin' fan-boy egos.

And that's pretty much all I have to say about that...

ljkkjlcm9
09-27-2006, 04:20 AM
The funny thing about FFVII and FFVIII, is the fact that it was on the same system. FFVIII had the graphics, and FFVII had the story. Honestly they should have spent more time on both. More time on FFVII graphics and more time on FFVIII story.

Either way the whole fanboy thing is stupid. Games get popular, and lot's of people enjoy them. Like GTA. I never liked it, but plenty of people did and it became popular. Same thing happened with FFVII. I still think FFVI was better, but I think FFIII is also awesome. Those two are my favorite.

THE JACKEL

Yuffie514
09-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Final Fantasy VIII is one lucky number, and coincidentally to the Chinese, as well as several numbers...

XandrewX
09-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Final Fantasy 8...
Final Fantasy 9...
Final Fantasy 10..

These two because I know excatly everything about thier storyline when I played.

Rydia Forever
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Final Fantasy IV and IX, of course. :)

DarkLadyNyara
09-27-2006, 09:40 PM
IX and II :D

Evastio
09-28-2006, 12:36 AM
I like FFIV and FFIII the most. :ghost:

Dragon Mage
09-28-2006, 02:12 AM
What i'm doing, is calling everyone that played FFVII first and say it's their favorite AND think that everyone have to agree with them, fanboys.

Well I never saw anyone say that everyone was an idiot for not agreeing with them. So why even bring up the whole fanboy thing in the first place?

Fortunatelly, almost everyone in this forum have an open mind, and this is why you don't see many FFVII fanboys here. But in other forums you will find many of them.
Than I am most fortunate to have never run into any fanboys. (and I mean that)

Excuse me, but you really think that FFVII is better, because is more popular?!

You seem to misunderstand what I mean by 'popular'. When I said that FF7 is the most heard of and therefore the most popular, I simply meant that it is the most well known and thus the others aren't heard of as much. I relize now that I was quite redundant. I never said that FF7 was the best because it was popular, just that it was the most popular.

And is not just here. MANY people in the internet think that way.

I see what you mean, but I do belive that whoever posted that did not intend for it to sound that 7 was the best game ever made, blah, blah, ect. I do belive that this was theirpersonal opinion of FF7 and the other games.

And i'm talking about nostalgia and FF so much because, belive me, nostalgia is something VERY important in FF. You said that nostalgia don't exist only in the first game that someone played, and i agree. But the feeling of it, is more "powerfull" in the first game of the series that you played, then in the others. To the majority of people at least. And i know this, because i'm a guy, that visit many different FF forums. And after seeing many discussions, many polls of "what was your first FF game?" and "what is your favorite game in the series?", i discovered something very important. Almost everyone that play the series, have his/her first FF as his/her favorite. And for some reason, MANY people begun with VII.

FFVII is the most popular, and was the first FF of the majority. Do you really think that this is just a coincidence?!

Of course nostalgia is important; it's what make people constantly coming back to a certain game. But I think you would feel more nostalgia in something relating to the game instead of the game itself. For example, I, for one, felt more nostalgia when watching FF7:AC than when I replayed the game. For you've played the game and you would know it inside out if it's your true favorite. So something else that relates to the same game would cause more nostalgia than the actual game itself. (why do you think so many people on the AC forum game the movie a rating of 8-9 out of 10? nostalgia) True, people do set standerards to other games based on the first game they played. Personally, I think 7 set up some good standards. No the best mind you, just high. (because it is undeniably a good game, as are most FF's)

Almost everyone that play the series, have his/her first FF as his/her favorite. And for some reason, MANY people begun with VII.

Ah, but this sterotype, that anyone who played VII first and says it's their favorite, must be a drooling fanboy and made fun of, truly ticks me off. All I was asking in the first place was to stop making this sterotype.

Dynast-Kid
09-28-2006, 02:52 AM
X is my favorite.

Mine too,but from the looks of it,FFXII is going to steal that spot.

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2006, 06:52 AM
FF6,7,8 and 9 are my favourites. FF7 is the first i played but FF10 is the first i owned and played properly because i only played FF7 for a tiny bit at first.

FF8 and 9 are probably my favourites but FF8 has some points that make it better than FF9 and FF9 has some points that make it better than FF8 and its the same with most FFs.

Holy Lancer
09-28-2006, 06:34 PM
It's possible for an admin to start a poll only thread on this. It's been done before on vBulletin forums. I've seen it.

The Infinite Telomerase
09-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Why would you want one?

Also: It's a toss up between FFVI, FFIX and FFX.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Why would you want one?

Also: It's a toss up between FFVI, FFIX and FFX.

Basically, so fan-boys can see if their representative is leading in the polls.

I vote no polls.

Taiyou
10-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Hm. My three favorites are IV, VI, and IX. It's so difficult to put them in order, but if I had to... I think it'd have to be:

VI
IV
IX

And hopefully XII will be absolutely wonderful and added to the list soon. :)

Chocobo_Knight
10-01-2006, 03:21 AM
I started of with VIII, never played VII and did a dwell a little in IX.

My fav would be X honestly, 'cos it was comparatively easy to navigate with the fixed roads and all. Also the battle system which is turn-based allows for more war-planning as compared to the quick-thinking battle system of previous FFs.

My second would be VIII. Because of the graphics!! I prefer more realistic human forms as compared to the cartoonish-kiddish VII and IX.

I would love to play VII though, since my cousin said it's good, but will prob be turned off by the quality of the graphics since I'm already so used to PS2.

But everyone has their own favs and I'm just glad that we all agree in one thing: FF ROX!

LoKuS
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
1. FF VI
2. FF IX
3. FF I
4. FF X
5. FF VII
6. FF IV
7. FF VIII
8. FF V
9. FF II

vweet
10-12-2006, 12:04 PM
I liked FF V but i haven't played anything after VI so i don't really know

Lunar Odin
10-12-2006, 12:18 PM
my favorite final fantasy is number 7 because i think its a classic and its the first of the series i ever played on the playstation:D

foxterneil
11-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Oh God mine would HAVE to be the X series (including X2)

Freaky how I have this thread too :(

Galbadian Soldier
11-04-2006, 05:01 AM
IX is the best to me and (so far) XII look's to be my second fave.

Odin2006
11-04-2006, 11:49 PM
1. FF6
2. FF5
3. FF1

FF went downhill starting with FF8, FF started getting sucked into the bottomless pit of concentrating on graphics over everythig else the video game industry has been stuck in lately. :(

Lunadis
11-05-2006, 01:18 AM
I have been playing these games since Final Fantasy I until Final Fantasy IX, so it's fair to say I've been around for the best and worst. (Though I have yet to play Final Fantasy III. Waiting for the remake.)

Other than Earthbound, nothing has changed my views on RPGs like Final Fantasy VI. What can I say? Distinct characters with different abilities, well thought-out Esper system, one of the greatest villians ever, well spread story and in general a long epic journey I'll never forget. Thus, Final Fantasy VI is easily my favourite. I'd consider FFTA if it didn't have that infernal law system. Nice way to ruin a good game. >.>
I guess I'd say Final Fantasy IX after VI and V (<3 job system) after IX.

The only Final Fantasy title I've disliked as a whole is Final Fantasy VIII. I couldn't pull myself together to finish a game I hated.

Firo Volondé
11-05-2006, 02:34 AM
I played X first, but I'm not a fanboy because it's not my favourite (second to IV) and I DEFINITELY don't try and force my opinion on anybody else. I would like VII more if they remade it, to fix up the graphics.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-05-2006, 10:06 AM
well, i shall say what i always do....FF7 AC!!!!SEPHI!!!I LOVE YOU SEPHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEP, ITS 7 AC for me

*~Angel Wing~*
11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm not in the mood for my usual smilie filled posts on how I adore Final Fantasy VIII, so I'm just gonna list them. :D [ya happy now Shiny? :rolleyes2]

1. Final Fantasy VIII

2. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

3. Final Fantasy X and VII

4. Dirge Of Cerberus

5. Final Fantasy X-2

rubah
11-06-2006, 12:13 AM
FF8 seems like it was custom tailored for me. For this, I like it best.

Ashley Schovitz
11-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Final Fantasy iX's my favorite too. I won't go into explanation because I've explained in these kind of threads too many times.

Rocket Edge
11-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Final Fantasy VIII. To me, it's the perfect game.