PDA

View Full Version : Adam Sessler fails with other role models

Avarice-ness
09-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Okay so my friend has been doing Convention Journalism for anime and games since we were in High school, She just recently (like 4 days ago) was able to go to Japan, She's updating us all on her Lj about her being in Japan and such, and one of her entries was about the Tokyo Game show.

Before we entered, we went inside a little convenience store just inside the door. I brushed against someone walking past and outside the door... and it was only after Andrew made mention that I noticed, "Hey... that's Adam Sessler, isn't it?" And sure enough, he and his little balding head were now sitting outside the little store at a table. He was sitting with some woman who looked like Morgan Webb from a distance, but we decided it wasn't her when we got a little closer. I said to Andrew, "Do you think it'd be bad for us to talk to him?" Andrew said, "I dunno, but I'm gonna go say hi."

So then Andrew walks up to Adam Sessler. He asked if it was actually him, just to be kind, and Adam nodded. Andrew was trying to talk just briefly, when Adam stopped him and said, "This is kind of a bad moment." So Andrew apologized and walked away. Yep, we got brushed off by Adam Sessler. Chances are, he really was having a bad moment. He and the lady he was with certainly weren't smiling. They weren't even talking or looking at each other. But still... with no real explanation, I can't say it really helped my image of him. So now I don't really know what to think.

Now like, I'm not over here bashing Adam as most of you do, but that's straight from a persons mouth that got close enough to be pushed away by him!

How would you guys feel if someone that could be a role model to a person goes off and does something potientially un role model-ish? This could count for a parent or a sibling or SINCE WE'RE IN GENERAL CHAT! An invisible friend!

Spiffing Cheese
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
That's why I'd hate to be a celebrity. You're expected to be NICE to all your fans. Gaah.

I would be sad. :(

MecaKane
09-24-2006, 04:56 PM
He didn't owe him a fucking explanation, it's not like they're old buddies where he could say "Oh, sorry ______" or something, it was a random guy who'd probably be writing all over the internet about what he was upset about.

Avarice-ness
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
He didn't owe him a smurfing explanation, it's not like they're old buddies where he could say "Oh, sorry ______" or something, it was a random guy who'd probably be writing all over the internet about what he was upset about.

xD She's not upset, it's one of those things how Adam's constantly being bashed with out a shred of evidence. Now they have some. Plus she wasn't the one talking to him, Andrew was.

Ironically enough if she was talking to him it would be for an article, not to play buddy friends with him. :)

Arrianna
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I would say he was actually rather polite. He gave a reason he didn't want to talk and the "body language" backed him up. Being rude would have been if he told them to F' off.

Honestly his response was identical to what I tell strangers over the phone when I don't really want or have the time to talk to them. "This is a really bad time." Then they apologize and we both hang up.

Skarr
09-24-2006, 05:17 PM
That's the equivalent of a cute girl turning you down at club when you ask her to dance. C'mon you don't know this person, and they don't have to be nice...but having class is all about being nice and controlled in awkward situations...besides at least we know Adams not gay. ^.^

ljkkjlcm9
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Adam did nothing wrong in this situation. Trying to say this is proof of him being a "bad role model" or something is a bit absurd. It may very well have been a bad moment and anybody would have said the same thing.

THE JACKEL

LunarWeaver
09-24-2006, 05:44 PM
The closest thing I've ever had to a role model letting me down is my brother I guess, but I don't really idolize him or anything. He's just a bum sometimes and not dependable when I need him to be -_-.

Now, since you said invisible friends count, oho I've got stories that would doozy you.

Jessweeee♪
09-24-2006, 05:44 PM
You never know, maybe it WAS a bad moment.
Or maybe not.

Bunny
09-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Just put yourself in his shoes. Here he is trying to spend time with someone outside of job and some kids that he doesn't even know try to talk to him. Confirming his identity is one thing, but it should have stopped there. Regardless of what he was doing at the time, he shouldn't have to put up with some expectation that just because he is out in public, it is time for people to talk to him.

~SapphireStar~
09-24-2006, 06:34 PM
I couldnt be a celeb either. Have to be nice all the time so your name isnt bashed around cause you didnt live up to what people expected.

NorthernChaosGod
09-25-2006, 09:12 AM
That's why I'd hate to be a celebrity. You're expected to be NICE to all your fans. Gaah.

Exactly, he's a person too, maybe it was just a bad time. Sheesh.

Strider
09-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Who's Adam Sessler?

Resha
09-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Who's Adam Sessler?

QFT. :confused:

Jojee
09-25-2006, 10:06 AM
xD She's not upset, it's one of those things how Adam's constantly being bashed with out a shred of evidence. Now they have some.

I fail to see how that's evidence at all ^_^ Doesn't seem like he was doing anything wrong.

Plus I dunno who he is. xD Maybe I'll google him and then I'll know.

ljkkjlcm9
09-25-2006, 12:33 PM
for those who don't know

He's the co-host of X-Play on G4 along with Morgan Webb. He's basically just a TV host for G4, but that's his main show that he's known for.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
09-25-2006, 02:17 PM
What a coincidence. JKTrix saw Morgan Webb at the Tokyo Game Show. He asked if she would mind of he took her picture and she said "Yeah a bit. :rolleyes2"

I would have gone out and bought a strobe light and flashed it at her for the rest of the day.

How lovely these G4 people are. No wonder everyone hates them.