PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

Spammerman
09-24-2006, 06:04 PM
In your opinion, whats the best type of multipleyer game, ie racing, shooting etc etc etc.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-24-2006, 06:12 PM
mario party

RiseToFall
09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Any Mario Kart game and Halo. (doesn't matter which)
Edit: Counter-Strike on LAN

Jowy
09-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Guitar Hero, Wario Ware, and Soul Calibur are games that we've devoted entire evenings and also broken the local noise ordinance to.

Mirage
09-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Fighting games and Singstar!

Rase
09-24-2006, 09:08 PM
For same screen play, pretty much any of the Mario sports games (Tennis especially), Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. For online games, Call of Duty: United Offensive is pretty much all I play.

Xander
09-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Shooting multiplayers can be great on a LAN, shouting evil comments at each other while running around killing :D

Micro Machines on megadrive is a great multiplayer driving game cos its so damn funny. I have played it in the past month once with one person, and another time with two other people and we just ended up in stitches. Just pushing each other off the sides and beeping and the funny tracks...it's so great, even now. xD

Dreddz
09-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Fighting games are easily the best in multiplayer. We just need more fighters to start going online.

XxSephirothxX
09-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Shooters, most definitely. Halo 2 ftw.

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 11:11 PM
I just like SSBM. :) :cat:

Spammerman
09-25-2006, 02:40 AM
More than just psoting a game, can u post what makes a good multiplayer( doesn thave to do with game?

Zeromus_X
09-25-2006, 02:44 AM
Well, I guess fighting games in that case.

Meat Puppet
09-25-2006, 03:01 AM
Grand Theft Auto! 1, 2 and Liberty City Stories. I didn't find the San Andreas multiplayer that much fun.

Mirage
09-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Don't tell me I'm the only one at this forum who likes singstar :(

Carl the Llama
09-25-2006, 03:57 AM
World of Warcraft >.>

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-25-2006, 04:05 AM
I think cooperative multiplayer is more fun than the competitive kind. There's just something very fraternal about teaming up with a friend to achieve a common victory against the forces of evil. The Seiken Densetsu series is a good example of this, as are most shooters--Gradius Gaiden, Strikers, etc.

And there's probably no better bonding experience to be had in games than a co-op game of Quiz & Dragons.

Sephex
09-25-2006, 04:38 AM
I think cooperative multiplayer is more fun than the competitive kind. There's just something very fraternal about teaming up with a friend to achieve a common victory against the forces of evil. The Seiken Densetsu series is a good example of this, as are most shooters--Gradius Gaiden, Strikers, etc.

And there's probably no better bonding experience to be had in games than a co-op game of Quiz & Dragons.

Christ, I agree with you more and more as time goes on. edczxcvbnm and other friends ALWAYS pick at me to play competitive games with them. Most of the time I usually don't play. To be fair, they play X-Box live all the time. Even though the service is awesome, there is something about being told how gay I am for losing a match in Halo 2 by a 14 year old that just doesn't make me want to play online all that much.

Anyway, yes...co-op is something that ALWAYS appealed to me. With the other friend of mine and ed that I refered to, I played Final Fight 3, Streets of Rage 3, TMNT: Turtles in Time, and several other co-op games with him ALL THE TIME back in the day. It was always fun. Sure, playing offline competitive games like Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64, and other games with ed and him was cool...but working together and figuring out stuff is always the better thing to do in my eyes. Hell, I enjoy all three of us figuring out how to get past obsticles in any one player game when one of us are playing whatever.

Damn. I didn't mean to rant like that.

Yamaneko
09-25-2006, 05:46 AM
Unless you're playing all-out deathmatch, FPSs can offer a wide range of cooperative play. You team up to kick some ass against another team. Doesn't get better than that.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Co-op is nice, but competitive RTS can also be fun. And Smash Bros. Always Smash Bros.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Super Smash Bros. Melee has kept me up all night several times. Racing, shooters, and fighting games can easily keep me and my cousins and friends entertained. Halo 2, nearly every Mario Kart, a lot of the Mario Sport titles (Tennis is great), and Soul Calibur II have also done this.