PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mastering Jobs

Mako_Infused
09-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Are all characters able to learn every job ability in the game?, or are they only able to learn a specified number of abilities...?

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 09:32 PM
They can master every Job/Ability in the game.

Well...except Galuf.

Mako_Infused
09-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Why cant he master them all?

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Because he leaves the party later in the story., and after that point, there is one more job that is obtained that he obviously cannot master.

CaptRory
09-24-2006, 11:01 PM
As an added note, I found (not saying its the best but it was the best place I found) the best place to train up your Job Skills was the waters North of the city hidden in the forest (its the only one in the game, can't recall the name right now.) The Giant Birds there give, I think it was 11 or 13 points a pop and you'll be able to kill them in one melee round before they even get a chance to act once you figure out how to setup your party.

rubah
09-24-2006, 11:17 PM
City in the forest= Mirage?

The best place is the basement of Bal/Val castle, which is accessable in the last 2/3 of the game, as long as you use a lot of softs or level 5 doom.

It's best because you have an easy exit, so it's not likely you'll die, you're guaranteed to run into the same enemy every time, and because the AP gain for effort put out (with level5 doom) is at an excellent ratio.

Mirage
09-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Another good place for AP is Movers in the final dungeon. Just be sure to have a lot of gold.

Zeromus_X
09-25-2006, 12:03 AM
There's really a good amount of 'AP Goldmines' to be found in this game. The entire final area of the final dungeon is great for AP.

And don't forget the Skull Eaters for the first world.

CaptRory
09-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Yes, I do believe it is Mirage. I have a terrible time remembering the name of places.

Anyhow, I focused on that area because you almost always fought a Giant Bird (Called BlckBtrfly or something,) you get a pretty good amount of AP and GP every fight (Which the GP is pretty important if you're still buying equipment like Haste Accessories) and the town is close to where you are (For Inn Access) and it has some nice (but expensive) items for sale if you're still collecting things.

Znake
09-25-2006, 08:02 AM
You can fight RockStatue's as soon as you get to Val Castle, you don't have to wait until the basement's open, just run around near the locked door.

Another good place in World 2 is fighting DragonZombies in the Castle where the Sealed Weapons are, you can use the Control ability on it and have it attack itself. You get 1000GP, 2500EXP, and 5AP.

Crossblades
09-25-2006, 02:47 PM
And don't forget the Skull Eaters for the first world.

Yes! Fight a bunch of these munchkins:D

Sefie1999AD
09-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Another good place in World 2 is fighting DragonZombies in the Castle where the Sealed Weapons are, you can use the Control ability on it and have it attack itself. You get 1000GP, 2500EXP, and 5AP.

I used that place on World 2 during my second game to level up to something like level 40 (which is really high, considering I finished my first game on level 42) and I think I also mastered a few jobs there.

Mako_Infused
09-28-2006, 11:39 PM
When I have 4 monks, their damage and counterattacks are unstoppable, and if all 4 of us kick, its almost as good as a nuke...Plus, I stopped buying weapons and just equip barefist when using other jobs...The "monk" job seems to be running circles around all my other jobs, and I just got the geomancer, ninja and trainer jobs.

Is the "monk' the best job in the game?

Evastio
09-28-2006, 11:50 PM
When I have 4 monks, their damage and counterattacks are unstoppable, and if all 4 of us kick, its almost as good as a nuke...Plus, I stopped buying weapons and just equip barefist when using other jobs...The "monk" job seems to be running circles around all my other jobs, and I just got the geomancer, ninja and trainer jobs.

It matters in what terms. Each class has their strengths and weaknesses.

CaptRory
09-29-2006, 01:45 AM
True, and when you consider that some classes can only use some weapons, and the "shortage" of "special" weaponry referring to the legendary weapons that you unlock during the game
its good to diversify until everyone is at 1,000,000% power when equipped with Bare or Mime jobs; at least when it comes to weapon using classes like Knight. Dragoon, and etc.

boys from the dwarf
09-29-2006, 03:52 PM
and as you all know. the final stages of the game are designed to let you master all of the classes pretty easily. and of course the magic urns.

unless your a perfectionist, you should only want to be on a high level or just have people who are good in a couple of job classes.

to beat the final boss i used,

one person with high health and summon.
another with summon and time magic.
and two with summon and white magic. magic is my best friend!

neo-X-death went down pretty easily after that. i'd lost a lot of times before on about level 43 or 42 and i was able to win by simply changing my job classes around so its really not neccasary to master them all unless going for harder bosses. in that case you may just want to master a few and go to bare job class so that everyone has high stats and good skills.

Sefie1999AD
09-29-2006, 04:54 PM

It depends a lot on the battle. On normal dungeons, it's best to have a balanced party. The special themed parties are good against some bosses. Sometimes 4 Monks is great against a boss, but there are also fights where using 4 Summoners and having them all cast Titan, Leviathan, Bahamut etc (or whover your strongest summon is) will do the best damage.

Mako_Infused
09-29-2006, 08:01 PM
When the "character" mentioned above leaves my party, what will happen to all the abilities and job levels i got him? Do those leave my party too?

aquatius
09-29-2006, 08:23 PM
When the "character" mentioned above leaves my party, what will happen to all the abilities and job levels i got him? Do those leave my party too?
No the character's spirit will appear and give the person who replaces him all his abilities, levels and stats.

ShivaBlizzard8
09-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Correct. So nothing is "lost" per se.

Also, the dancer is the best job in the game. Seriously.

rubah
09-30-2006, 04:26 PM
No kidding. Spend a while stealing Prism Dresses, Red Shoes, and ribbons, and you are totally set. Add dragon lances (the ones you steal from crysdrgns in the last bit of the game) and !Sshot and you are totally setter

ShivaBlizzard8
10-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Pair that with the two-handed ability and Mime! sword dance every turn=devestation.

CaptRory
10-02-2006, 03:39 PM
I abused White Magic and Time Magic so badly in FFV its not funny. Let's see, for the first three rounds of combat we apply buffs. And then proceed to beat the snot out of whatever is in front of us in one round lol.

Shin Gouken
10-03-2006, 09:26 AM

No. As you progress in the game you will find weapons which GREATLY increase your attack power which you can double with 2-handed or hold two incredabley powerful swords with the 2-swords ability. A monks power is limited and eventually you'll see them doing less and less damage as future enemies defences rise.

Mako_Infused
10-13-2006, 09:07 PM
I just got to Val Castle, and I've mastered a few jobs in the basement here. If I leave the castle I can't get back in. Would it be a bad idea to try and master all of my other jobs here as well?

rubah
10-13-2006, 10:18 PM
It would be a great idea. If you don't want to buy a bunch of softs, use lvl 5 doom, and hten if you run out of mp, use dancer's !Dance to do tango of temptation hopefully, or dragoons to use !drgnswrd (or those with other classes, particularly thief/ninja who are fast) to drain 25 mp apiece from the soldiers you kill. Then they can't cast break on you :p

nik0tine
10-13-2006, 11:46 PM
I don't think it's worth the time to master all of those jobs. That would take quite some time.

Sefie1999AD
10-17-2006, 09:51 PM
You'll be fine in the game even if you don't master all the jobs. Seriously, mastering all the jobs on World 2 is quite an overkill. :p

rubah
10-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, you can't master *all* the jobs on disk 2 xD

eestlinc
10-18-2006, 06:15 AM
all of them besides mime.

Mako_Infused
10-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I already mastered every job (except mime) for every character in that basement. Then I saved a copy of the file to my PS2 HDD. Now everytime I replay this game and get to Castle Val, I'll load the old file with the jobs mastered, before continuing.

Ender
11-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Question:

I've mastered all of the jobs (save Mime), and noticed that when using the Bare job class I now receive many, if not most, of the innate, non-"!" abilities of the other classes, like Swordgrab, M-barrier, Counter, etc. Does anybody know which of the abilities are not possessed by the Bare job class after mastering all of the jobs? Berserk and Two-Handed I know. What about the Thief innates like Caution and Secret, the Blue Mage's Learning, or the Geomancer's sense-trap and no-damage-floor abilities?

IOW, except for perhaps a few circumstances, is there any reason not to be using everyone as Bare?

Mirage
11-13-2006, 07:00 PM
No :p. Only if you want to replace the "Item" command with something else. The only ability that isn't automatically activated as bare is berserk, I think.
AFAIK, bare also gets the best stats from the various jobs too.