PDA

View Full Version : FF12 storyline

TidusMaster
09-25-2006, 12:48 AM
ok,this is really bugging me.Whats the story line? wats the fighting like? is there banggas?

Dynast-Kid
09-25-2006, 12:54 AM
ok,this is really bugging me.Whats the story line? wats the fighting like? is there banggas?

In the world of Ivalice,there are three continents.

Valendia to the North.

Ordalia to the West

And Keuron to the South.

The country of Archadia,located in Valendia,is in a war with Rosalia,the ruling empire of Ordalia.In their pursuit over Rosalia,the Archadian empire has been known to overcome any kingdoms in their way.The kingdom of Dalmasca is no exception.Dalmasca is a peninsula located between Keuron and Ordalia,and is thus geopolitically important.

Vaan is a lowly street urchin in the streets of Rabanastre,the Dalmascan capital.Along with his dancer friend Penelo,they struggle to preserve their way of life under Archadian rule.Soon,Vaan becomes involved with an underground Dalmascan resistance group-along with the Dalmascan princess,Ashe-And that's when the journey begins.

And yes,there are Bangaas.

RiseToFall
09-25-2006, 01:41 AM
One click away from knowledge. (http://www.finalfantasyxii.com/)

TidusMaster
09-27-2006, 01:52 AM
are there nu mous? ive seen a few pics of REALLY mean looking pig people.and the nu mou looked so freindly in FFTA.

~SapphireStar~
09-27-2006, 10:55 AM
are there nu mous?

ive seen a few pics of REALLY mean looking pig people
You've just answered your own question.

aerithsloveslave
09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
are there nu mous?

Actually, the pig people are Seeqs. Hopefully, the Nu Mous will make a big, plot related appearance later in the game. ;)

Dynast-Kid
09-27-2006, 09:28 PM
I've only seen one Nu Mou in the opening scene,besides taht,I have no idea.

RiseToFall
09-28-2006, 12:00 AM
are there nu mous?

Actually, the pig people are Seeqs. Hopefully, the Nu Mous will make a big, plot related appearance later in the game. ;)

I've only seen one Nu Mou in the opening scene,besides taht,I have no idea.

Well so far there are 5 races, Hume, Viera, Moogle, Bangaa, and Seeq. I know nothing of the Nu Mous.

Dynast-Kid
09-28-2006, 01:58 AM
Well so far there are 5 races, Hume, Viera, Moogle, Bangaa, and Seeq. I nothing of the Nu Mous.

Not to mention:

The Oquiela

The Baknamus

The Garif

The Helga

The Rebe

And the Ultan Yensa...

Dell
09-28-2006, 11:37 AM
And the Chocobo. :)

Dynast-Kid
09-28-2006, 12:49 PM
And the Chocobo. :)

Well,i'd consider that more of an animal than a race...:p

RiseToFall
09-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Well so far there are 5 races, Hume, Viera, Moogle, Bangaa, and Seeq. I nothing of the Nu Mous.

Not to mention:

The Oquiela

The Baknamus

The Garif

The Helga

The Rebe

And the Ultan Yensa...

Thanks for that update al-bhed, I had no idea there was going to be that many races in the game. How come nothing is mentioned about them in the official FF XII website?

Dynast-Kid
09-28-2006, 09:33 PM

Not to mention:

The Oquiela

The Baknamus

The Garif

The Helga

The Rebe

And the Ultan Yensa...

Thanks for that update al-bhed, I had no idea there was going to be that many races in the game. How come nothing is mentioned about them in the official FF XII website?

No problem.:p

My guess is because they aren't that common around Ivalice.And they only appear in indivual areas.For example:

The Oquiela-The immortal gods of Ivalice.

The Baknamus-Live in the ruins of the fallen fortress,Nabduis.

The Garif-Live only in the Giza Plains

The Helga-Tall,silver haired elves with spiritual connections.I don't even know much about them...

The Rebe-Assistants to the Judges of Galtea (Ivalice via FFXII)

Ultan Yensa-Thin,cat-like,arrogant race.Known as the "Kings of the Sandseas" and live only in the Ordailian deserts (Nham and Ogir Yensa Sandseas)

Chocobo_Knight
09-30-2006, 07:06 PM

Hey thanks for the link! I can't wait to get my hands on FFXII honestly. But I'm kinda feeling jaded with look-alikes from past FFs, don't you guys think so?

Dynast-Kid
09-30-2006, 09:38 PM

Hey thanks for the link! I can't wait to get my hands on FFXII honestly. But I'm kinda feeling jaded with look-alikes from past FFs, don't you guys think so?

What do you mean?

IMO,none of FFXII's characters look like any from the previous FFs.

Chocobo_Knight
10-01-2006, 09:15 AM
What do you mean?

Hmmm IMHO Vaan bears semblance to Tidus and Ashe to Yuna who in turn bears semblance to Rinoa. These are just a few of the many examples.

They are like offsprings of the previous FF characters you know! And you sort of see their predecessors's personalities shine thru them too :)

Aria28
10-01-2006, 11:39 PM
What do you mean?

Hmmm IMHO Vaan bears semblance to Tidus and Ashe to Yuna who in turn bears semblance to Rinoa. These are just a few of the many examples.

They are like offsprings of the previous FF characters you know! And you sort of see their predecessors's personalities shine thru them too :)

Actually, the thing I enjoyed the most story-wise while playing the game was that actually, their characters depart slightly from what we were used to in previous FF - they never really conform to clichés. If anything, they are probably closer to FF IV - FF VI characters, rather than FF VII-FF X ones, but even that's limited. And the story itself certainly has little to do with what Square has proposed since FF VII....

If Vaan plays a similar role than Tidus in the team, that of the cheerful youg guy - but the comparison stops there - Ashe is in no way like Yuna. She isn't nearly as quiet or soft-spoken, quite the contrary, LOL And unlike Yuna, she is plagued by doubts from the beginning about what she must do. Also, another difference is that, while Yuna, at the beginning of the game, knows little about life, Ashe already has experienced more than a 19 y.o. should

PATRIHE2001
10-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Is ffXII a sequal to ff XI ot i can go ahead % play this game.
I'm asking because i never played ff XI
PLease let me know txs

Rostum
10-15-2006, 08:57 AM
No, FFXII is not a continuation of FFXI.

Rodney
10-15-2006, 09:20 AM
A guy's the main character again? Jeez. Has a girl ever been the main character? I know one will be in FF13, but still . . .

Dell
10-15-2006, 11:30 AM
A guy's the main character again? Jeez. Has a girl ever been the main character? I know one will be in FF13, but still . . .

Final Fantasy VI.

Not to mention:

The Oquiela

The Baknamus

The Garif

The Helga

The Rebe

And the Ultan Yensa...

My guess is because they aren't that common around Ivalice.And they only appear in indivual areas.For example:

The Helga-Tall,silver haired elves with spiritual connections.I don't even know much about them...

Ultan Yensa-Thin,cat-like,arrogant race.Known as the "Kings of the Sandseas" and live only in the Ordailian deserts (Nham and Ogir Yensa Sandseas)

The Garif lives in Ozmone Plains and their base is Jahara.
The Bhujerban and the 'Omisacian' (Mt. Bur Omisace people) might be a race because they have weird words: Bhadra, Sainikah, Paijijanah, Kiltias and a lot more.
There are Nu Mous, there's a lot of them in Omisace. They are mostly called Acolyte. The most popular Nu Mou is Ma'KenRoh, Montblanc assistant.

Dynast-Kid
10-18-2006, 04:00 AM

Final Fantasy VI.

Not to mention:

The Oquiela

The Baknamus

The Garif

The Helga

The Rebe

And the Ultan Yensa...

The Garif lives in Ozmone Plains and their base is Jahara.
The Bhujerban and the 'Omisacian' (Mt. Bur Omisace people) might be a race because they have weird words: Bhadra, Sainikah, Paijijanah, Kiltias and a lot more.
There are Nu Mous, there's a lot of them in Omisace. They are mostly called Acolyte. The most popular Nu Mou is Ma'KenRoh, Montblanc assistant.

Well,I haven't even played the game!(Just 14 more days...)I was just going by what i've found out so far.Thanks for the correction!

Paul
10-18-2006, 10:02 AM
What do you mean?

i'd definitely agree with being jaded about how characters through the series have started to look like clones of each other. though i'm not sure about the personality links.

squall + blonde hair = tidus = vaan
zell = wakka
edea = lulu
quistis = rikku (ish)
tifa = rinoa = garnet = yuna
vincent = auron
rufus = seifer
red XIII = khimari
laguna = vayne

its only really FF9 (excluding garnet) that has had any original character design since FF6

Fate Fatale
10-23-2006, 11:33 PM
Ok, admitting to be extremely retarded, is this a spinoff of the FFT series? and is the battle system similar too? Just some simple questions... I pre-ordered the game and still, I know nothing.

Paul
10-24-2006, 03:13 AM
no it's more like a 1-player offline version of FF11.

Aria28
10-24-2006, 03:24 AM
Ok, admitting to be extremely retarded, is this a spinoff of the FFT series? and is the battle system similar too? Just some simple questions... I pre-ordered the game and still, I know nothing.

No and no. And no (as in no, you're not retarded, LOL). It's related to FFT in the sense that it also happens in Ivalice, but either in a "parallel world" Ivalice, or far earlier in time than FFT (this is still a matter of debate, including on these boards, but the developpers of the game haven't been clear about that:p ). It's also basically the same team behind the two games, at least originally (Matsuno left before FF XII was completed).

FF XII is a classic RPG based on ATB, like most previous FF (and unlike FFT and FFTA which are both Tactical and turn-based), although it is different in many other aspects of the gameplay from all previous console FFs (but has similarities with FF XI, hence Paul's answer;)

Fate Fatale
10-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Okay, thanks. Can you tell me the similarities? My parents are Nazis and won't let me have FFXI so I know nothing of that either. I'd buy it, but I can't get a job.. (Darn child labour laws!)

Paul
10-24-2006, 11:51 PM
ok its like this.

there's no world map. if you leave a town and have to cross a desert for example, then what you'll actually have to do is run across a big fuckoff desert and it might take a while.

there are no random battles. you will see enemies onscreen while you travel. some of them will attack you if they see/hear/smell you or whatever. some won't, but you can still attack them if you want.

in battle, you only control one character, and the other two are controlled by automatic intelligence routines that you have already setup yourself.

but you can switch between your characters any time you want.

characters automatically attack, but you can bring up the normal menu any time you want (which freezes the battle) and choose things like magic, summon or whatever else.

i think that covers the gist of it. oh yeah and the story is kind of similar to FFT in that it's about war and politics rather than love.

Fate Fatale
10-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Ah okay, so the gameplay is similar to that of Kingdom Hearts in the sense that it's real-time battling. Alright thanks! This may be enjoyable aftter all.