PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever made a kite?

KentaRawr!
09-25-2006, 04:49 AM
What did it look like? Who did you make it with? What was it made out of? Etc., etc.

For school, we have to make a kite. Currently, we just have to get to school with a design. Over the week, we're going to be making it. We have to make sure it costs under $5, since the characters in the book October Sky were basically broke when they were trying to make rockets. I have 2 partners for the project: Caleb and Ryan. The teacher didn't say anything about the 3 people in the group bringing a single design, so I assumed that we all have to bring our own design. For the past 2 hours, I've been working on this kite design, and my Mom says I should sell NES Sprite Kites on E-Bay because of it. She told me to print 2 of them. One for her, and one for school. Here's the kite design with most of the directions on how to make it:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/KenYocin/Kites/MarioKite.jpg
Is it really that impressive...?

So, have you ever made a kite? =O

Dr Unne
09-25-2006, 05:11 AM
I fear kites.

Jojee
09-25-2006, 06:22 AM
I have not made a kite but I flew a ninja turtle one last year ^_^

I have a sad kite story too. :( When I was really young these people were making a lot of kites and asked me if I wanted one and I really really did, but I looked at my parents and they said "NOoo there is no free lunch!!! NEVAR TAKE FREE STUFF" so I said no I don't want it ;_; and it made me really sad XD