PDA

View Full Version : the second time playing

the_sandman
09-25-2006, 05:56 AM
usually when i'm playing final fantasy the first time, i dont really get some scenes and how something from early in the game would relate to something at the end of the game. i dont really get it until i play it the second time. and i'm sure everyone else is the same way.

i mean..the first time i played, i was in the black mage village and the scene where zidane was telling garnet about his life with tantalus and how he tried to run away to find out about himself. well zidane said that he doesnt remember anything but a blue light...than couple weeks later i get up to terra. and the the whole black mage scene is like...not in my head anymore. so i beat the game the first time and wanted to play it again. so the second time playing...i'm in the black mage village again and when zidane said all he remembers was a blue light...i was like "OHHHH...THE BLUE LIGHT!..NOW I GET IT!...THE BLUE LIGHT FROM TERRA!"

since i know a lot of you guys were like me, post some of your experience where you didnt realize how a scene would later be a big part of the game until the second time playing

Zeromus_X
09-25-2006, 06:07 AM
Vivi's death seems more apparent now.

But really, I didn't have much trouble with this game. Everything was pretty straightforward. But all the foreshadowing in FFVII regarding Cloud's true memories seems super-obvious now.

abrojtm
09-25-2006, 07:02 AM
I pretty much still have some trouble trying to follow the plot of the play.

Znake
09-25-2006, 08:09 AM

But really, I didn't have much trouble with this game. Everything was pretty straightforward. But all the foreshadowing in FFVII regarding Cloud's true memories seems super-obvious now. Vivi dies :eek: .At what part.

cloud21zidane16
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
apparentlyvivi dies at thend which was what the black mages were saying would happen to them:( :cry: and i didnt get a lot at oielvert i just thought to myself what the hell are those faces talking about but the second time i understood

aerithsloveslave
09-25-2006, 07:38 PM

But really, I didn't have much trouble with this game. Everything was pretty straightforward. But all the foreshadowing in FFVII regarding Cloud's true memories seems super-obvious now. Vivi dies :eek: .At what part.

It is more of an implication that he died sometime between the final battle w/ Necron and the ending movie. Some still argue that he is one of the black mages seen in the ending movie.

LoKuS
09-25-2006, 09:32 PM
I shouldn't of read the spoilers. lol

LunarWeaver
09-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Yes Vivi croaking was sad, and it was fun playing the game again knowing that.

I guess seeing the big Eye the second go-round was more fun knowing what it was and such.

cloud21zidane16
09-25-2006, 11:56 PM
i fel happier by not listening to treads like this:tongue: i just like to think to myself that he didint die:)

Zeromus_X
09-26-2006, 12:44 AM

It is more of an implication that he died sometime between the final battle w/ Necron and the ending movie. Some still argue that he is one of the black mages seen in the ending movie.

It's also stated in the game that those are his sons.

the_sandman
09-26-2006, 01:53 AM
vivi is dead...if one of the black mages were vivi, than he would've talked to puck.

Rinöa
09-26-2006, 02:02 AM
^thanks for covering the spoiler!

boys from the dwarf
09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
to get the best of games its usually best to play through them at least twice and discuss them on a forum. or get really in depth and figure it out for your self.

Bolivar
09-30-2006, 07:18 AM
Last year I played it again and didn't finish it... maybe i was too busy with MGS, but during the game i realized I had only beaten 2 other FF's

I'm about to play the game again, possibly right now, as I wanted to play all of them before starting it again, so i could catch all of the references to the other games.

spoilers

Also I think the whole "stopped" thing that the mages talked about isn't them having a short-life span, but more-so of them discovering death. We don't know that the mages they talked about died naturally, they could've been killed. It symbolizes how none of us know when it is our time to die, it could happen within months of our birth or in 100 years.

Does Vivi really die??? I don't seem to remember that the first time I beat it. I guess I'll have to see.

What I find interesting going into it again is that X-Death from FFV also came from a tree...

boys from the dwarf
09-30-2006, 09:19 AM
the game implies that vivi is about to die or will die soon in the ending sequence. he doesn't die during the game but the game states that he will die soon.

vorpal blade
09-30-2006, 10:38 AM
the game implies that vivi is about to die or will die soon in the ending sequence. he doesn't die during the game but the game states that he will die soon.

It does? when? This thread is making me want to re-play FFIX again, but I'm busy replaying FFVII at the moment.

10-Breaker
09-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Well i never had any problems like taht.
I dont know why, but always when i play ffs the story just burns into my mind.

Rinöa
09-30-2006, 02:44 PM

It does? when? This thread is making me want to re-play FFIX again, but I'm busy replaying FFVII at the moment.

This is offtopic but I lost the first disc to FF7, but people say that I can still start a game and play through it, minus the little movies. Is that true?

BustaMo
09-30-2006, 03:29 PM
I try to get everything even on my first play through the game due to the fact that I like to move on to other games I haven't played instead of replaying the same game over and over again. If I would happen to miss something big on the first playthrough, I msot likely would go back though.

However, when FFXII is released, there's no doubt this game will at least be played through twice by me. We've all waited way to long to get this game, and I'm taking full advantage of it when I get it.

McLovin'
09-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh gosh.

He does die. It has been implied and stated many times before.

They killed him off because it goes with the whole dilema about Vivi and how he did not want to die but then he understood that it was part of life.

Twas a very sad game on my 3rd playthrough when I realized most of everything that was going on.

boys from the dwarf
09-30-2006, 07:02 PM
complete the game and pay close attention to the ending speech.

if vivi didn't die or wasn't about to die, a lot of the storyline regarding vivi would be pretty pointless.