PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Guides

DynasticJam
09-25-2006, 08:30 AM
I have recently noticed that there are two big strategy guide companies, Authorised Collection and Brady Games, I would just like to ask, which one do you think is better? Only, I am trying to get hold of a copy of the Kingdom Hearts 1 strategy guide, the only one I can find is by Brady Games! What's your opinion?

RiseToFall
09-25-2006, 08:48 AM
I don't really buy guides but my buddy does and he almost always get's Bradygames(then I just use his). To be honest I've never even heard of Authorized Collection.

Edit: Can someone please tell me the point of these Limited Edition Guides that started coming out?

LunarWeaver
09-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Brady is more famous, so I guess I'll just say them. I haven't bought a strategy guide since the birth of gamefaqs. It pisses me off when clerks try and sell them to me coupled with my game 10,000 times before they let it go :jess: Silly clerks and their silly doing their job.

~SapphireStar~
09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Ive mainly got Brady guides. They are good, but FF9 has to be the worst. The guide can be a pain in the backside. I mean the one that makes me laugh is the opening paragraph.

It tells you to go light the candle in the middle of the room. So I automatically did. The I read what to do next ... Before you light the candle there is a potion and 43 gil (something like that) in the top corners of the room. Make sure you get it before you light the candle, otherwise you wont get them ...

Talk about retarded, why structure it like that? And why should I use the Internet in order to get side quests? Ive just paid £12.99 for this guide and I still have to use the Internet? What have I paid for then? Just a walkthrough, weapons and abilities advice? What if I have no Internet connection? Im pretty much stuffed! It is one of the worst guides Ive used by Bradygames.

ValkyrieWing
09-25-2006, 07:27 PM
There's Brady, who does Squaresoft stuff, and Prima, which pretty much does everything else. :)

ljkkjlcm9
09-25-2006, 07:31 PM
most of my guides are Brady games, and I namely use them for the charts and stuff. Such as the Battle Network games, having a list of all the chips and where to get each code is very convenient.

THE JACKEL

ValkyrieWing
09-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Or the Yu-Gi-Oh games with card passwords. :)

Endless
09-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Ultimania, Double jump Books > *

Dreddz
09-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Out of the two, I'd choose Brady games. I dont know much about either though, as I dont buy strategy guides.

oddler
09-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Versusbooks.

Roto13
09-25-2006, 10:19 PM
GameFAQs.