PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever done this...?

White Raven
09-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Has anyone here bought a game just for the sake of completing a series?

For example, I had NHL 2003, 2004 and 06 for my Game Cube and it annoyed me that I never had NHL 2005. So yesterday while my friend and I were at EB Games I bought it for $7.99 (CND). The cashier sorta looked at me weird and my friend smacked me a few times saying it was a waste of money, but now when I look at my games there's no gap, and I get a weird satisfaction out of that.

So has anyone else done something like this before?

:)

(And don't even get me started on how NHL 07 has been released on every platform minus Game Cube :mad2:)

RiseToFall
09-25-2006, 11:12 PM
I pretty much do that for evey series. Let's say I have the 3rd game in the series, I have to go out and buy the 1st and 2nd. My wallet hates it but there's nothing I can do, it's just the way I am.

Roto13
09-25-2006, 11:20 PM
I shouldn't, but I do. Though it was actually a good thing when I bought Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones to complete the trilogy. I HATED Warrior Within, but I gave the series another chance with TTT. It's an amazing game.

Then I bought Battles of Prince of Persia and ruined it all. -_-

Jowy
09-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Having Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3 just didn't look right so I got DMC2 as a freebie when they had a used game sale. It just kind of sits there.

LunarWeaver
09-25-2006, 11:41 PM
The day I bought Tomb Raider: Chronicles was the end of my loyalty days and the beginning of my "research games first" days.

Although some series I have strong faith in like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, and Metal Gear Solid I still pre-order, and some of that is solely for the sake of "owning them all".

Spammerman
09-26-2006, 02:55 AM
I just rent a game, then buy or rent the sequwel. Ex battlefront.

Bunny
09-26-2006, 03:01 AM
I have the entire Wild ARMs series. I haven't beaten a single one. I still haven't played the third or fourth one. Go me.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-26-2006, 03:12 AM
I shouldn't, but I do. Though it was actually a good thing when I bought Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones to complete the trilogy. I HATED Warrior Within, but I gave the series another chance with TTT. It's an amazing game.

Then I bought Battles of Prince of Persia and ruined it all. -_-

Yeah, Warrior Within was a bit iffy, but I bought the Two Thrones nevertheless. I haven't started it yet, but it's good to hear you liked it. I probably will.

I bought FF Origins to complete my collection. FF1 and 2 were actually not too bad, but I still prefer the later games.

ValkyrieWing
09-26-2006, 05:55 AM
.hack. I still need the 4th one, but we have it used at work, so...

Reine
09-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Yeah, I still need .hack Quarantine :(

Not that ive finished Mutation, but there you go

ValkyrieWing
09-26-2006, 07:02 AM
You know what? Neither have I. I think I'm in the middle somewhere...one of the dungeons I keep dying in. :P

black orb
09-26-2006, 07:10 AM
>>> Yes, I got every FF (except FF11) just to complete the series, and there are games that i dont even bother to play like FF2, FF4 and FF6..
After I played Suikoden 1 and 2 I started to get all the other Suikoden games just to complete the series..

Rainecloud
09-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Final Fantasy Origins. Bought it, never bothered playing it.

Araciel
09-26-2006, 07:14 AM
JUST to complete the series? no way..but i do own many complete series yes

~SapphireStar~
09-26-2006, 09:13 AM
My ex bought me 3 out of 4 .hack games, the 4th hadnt been released. I got so bored with the first game, I traded them all in. Feel like such a bitch.

Dreddz
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
I buy alot of games just for the sake of completing a series. Like the Final Fantasy series for example, although I dont regret buying any of those games. I only regret buying two games, and those were Bushido Blade 2 and Bloody Roar 3.

Craig
09-26-2006, 07:29 PM
I'd like to buy every Final Fantasy (Not as in buying number 1 for the NES, Playstation and GBA, just having 1 version of each game)

But that's becoming harder with all the spin-offs and phone games. Not to mention games like Tactics.

KentaRawr!
09-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Can't recall me ever doing something like that. =O I got the Zelda: Collector's edition and completed my Zelda collection even though I had the roms, but that was more of a way to just get a legit version of MM rather than completing the series.