PDA

View Full Version : Secret Of Mana?

Tyrel1985
09-26-2006, 07:11 AM
hmm i have a horrible memory...is this a square enix/soft game??anyway i barley remember anything about this game except maybe riding up an egg elevator into a huge flower.(maybe?)any way im thinking of buying this game off amazon.com and wondering if anyone here has played it?and if so is it worth paying 40 bucks for?ive heard it was one of the best rpg games...man i wish theyd just remake it for ps1-ps2...thoughts?

DJZen
09-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I think you're thinking of a different game. Secret of Mana was made by Squaresoft as a sequel to Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure, and was an Action RPG. The plot involved a young boy finding a mythical sword (in a segment right out of the King Arthur legends), fighting an evil empire, the ressurection of an evil force, and the legend of a magic tree. Classic swords and sorcery stuff. It was also the second game translated by Ted Woolsey, and nobody ever whines about his work on it. $40 is a good price, but don't expect to get it with the manual and map for that price.

Tyrel1985
09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
I think you're thinking of a different game. Secret of Mana was made by Squaresoft as a sequel to Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure, and was an Action RPG.

damn:cry:well ive been trying to remember the name of this RPG i played a long time ago...but i can only remember a few details about the game and cant remember the name or wich system it was on...all i remember about it is tho that it is a rpg and there was one part on the game where you are in a town that is all huge flowers..thats all i can remember.and there was also a part where your in a big elevator that is shaped and looks like an egg or somthing GRRR.meh oh well..i think ill buy secret of mana anyway:P

Jowy
09-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Soul Blazer?

Kumo
09-30-2006, 03:59 AM
Wasn't it the sequel to Soul Blazer? Illusion of Gaia???? I think that's the one you're thinking about. It looks a lot like SoM in my opinion. Good game too.