PDA

View Full Version : SO:TTEOT

The Last Oath
09-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Veinslay. I didnt get the Bent Mystic Blade in Gemity, so i cant get Boyd now and im onto the Maze but it'd be easier with Veinslay. Can I go back to Gemity later and can i make Veinslay without Boyd?

Jowy
09-26-2006, 03:42 PM
You can go back to Gemity, so don't worry about it.

Zeromus_X
09-27-2006, 01:31 AM
ST:TTEOT

:confused: :( :cat:

But yeah, just go through the Fourth-Dimensional portal again. It's outside the eastern side of Kirlsa.

You can make Veinslay with Gutso anyway, Boyd isn't really a necessary inventor by any means (all of the things he can make with few exceptions can be made by other inventors, and everything unique to him isn't too special). Getting the Bunny Trophy is entirely dependant on luck, and even with a turbo controller, it takes a hella long time to win 100 Bunny Races.

Reine
09-30-2006, 06:55 AM
It is not required at all to have Boyd, as Gusto can make it.

I usually make it early with Cliff, Lias and Gusto, it has a pretty low low price, and has a rating of 100

Lynx
10-22-2006, 11:54 PM
just synth something strong to your current weapon and go through the maze until you find the devine advenger its more powerful then the venislay. i dont remember what floor you get it on but you dont really need to venislay besides check the shops theres a good chance it was all ready made and you can just buy it.

Zeromus_X
10-23-2006, 12:47 AM
The Divine Avenger may be stronger than Veinslay, but the Veinslay is Fate's strongest weapon with eight free slots for customization.

And, y'know, with eight fully refined Boots of Prowess, your attack is going to be high regardless.

The Last Oath
10-24-2006, 10:54 AM
thanks guys, i beat the maze, easy, but now im onto sphere 211, just beat that green mojara, hard ey. Yeah screw boyd, the bunny races take too long, only got like 55 points

Zeromus_X
10-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Good luck! :)

Lynx
10-24-2006, 10:00 PM
good luck with sphere 211 its easy up until about the 200th floor.

Zeromus_X
10-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Here's some tips:

Ignore all manner of machine gun scout, machine gun spider, and 'Battlecopter' robot enemies. These were the scum of the earth during the main game, so there's no reason not to think so now that they're on steroids.

Save every few floors. There's nothing worse then climbing ten floors only to be anhillated by uber-monsters. Most of the important items (new equipment and skills) will be near the exits and entrances of new floors, so the only thing you'll have to actually search for are crappy Jewel items and the much more important stat increasing berries.

The bosses should all be easy up until the Arch Demon. Super Blair and the other returned Sphere Employees should be moderately difficult, but not too much. Remember Eddy of Light is now a major attack, so the only way to avoid it is to sidestep back from it twice.

Lenneth (from Valkyrie Profile) will be a challenge. Expect to die many many times before conquering her. Remember, never let her get off her Major attack or Nibelung Valesti. This will mean certain doom for anyone caught in their range of attack. Stun her with any damaging bomb or item to interrupt her, and keep one character on the opposite corner of the battlefield to heal and support the party (Peppita, Sophia, Adray, and so on). But she's so cute, so it'll be hard to see her go. Remember to make a save before her so you can get the Battle Trophies from her in the future.

Ethereal Queen will be a challenge, but if you can beat Lenneth, you can beat Ethy. You can fight her as many times as you want for Battle Trophies.

The real challenge is Freya (also a chibi-fied cameo from Valkyrie Profile). After defeating Ethereal Queen, you can return to Crosell's chamber and fight her (Crosell and Albel if you didn't recruit him will be gone, so farm Boots of Prowess before you defeat Ethy for the first time). Go up to Crosell's altar and choose to put the orb down (save in the nearby bonus dungeon, the Urssa Cave Temple. There's some more bosses there, too).

Freya is horrible. I've only beaten her a few times on Galaxy mode. She has 20,000,000 MP and some other godawfully high MP total. The same strategy for Lenneth applies to Freya, but the only difference is that it'll take so much longer, and if you mess up once, it's all over. Ether Strike nearly envelops the entire arena with supposedly purifying energy, dealing extreme HP (~30,000) and MP damage to everyone caught in the blast, and deals paralysis. Her normal attacks cause confusion, and if you strike her from behind she automatically counterattacks in a spiral around herself. Only the toughest defense melee characters (usually with several Boots of Prowess equipped) can stand up to her attacks, and Ether Strike just means death regardless. However, defeating Freya provides a wonderful sense of achievement (or perhaps, a dishearting realization of far too many hours spent playing this game).

Yeah, anyway, good luck. That was probably too much typing, but yeah.

The Last Oath
10-26-2006, 09:59 AM
haha, freya can kiss my ass when i got level 200fayt, hey thanks for the tips bro, but i kinda already knew em, haha.

Zeromus_X
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Levels are irrelevent when the superbosses can inflict confusion and paralysis with their normal attacks and insantly anhillate your entire team with one mega-attack.