PDA

View Full Version : Hoshigami; you played it?

Prancing Mad
09-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I have to vent, and yo upeople are the only ones who will understand me. I love a little challenge in a game. If it's too easy it becomes boring. Vagrant Story had a perfect amount of challenge, and I seem to recall that Legend of Legaia had a perfect amount of challenge too. Hoshigami is just plain stupid though. For the right level of challenge, I need to feel like I'm getting somewhere and yet, have some trouble here and there. Every battle in hoshigami has incredible difficulty. After about too battles, I gave up on trying to keep guys alive.

The problem lies with the a few factors. First off, enemy sorcerers can completely decimate one of your fighters in a single hit if they are only one level below the sorcerer. Yet, sorcerers are impervious to magic, so you have to chase them around the map with your fighters who are being barraged with attacks from the sorcerer.

Second, now you're chasing around the sorcerer and there are about 3 fighters to your one fighter. So while this one sorcerer is destroying you, these fighters are vying for your attention too.

Third the A.I. is RIDICULOUS. I find most of the time I spend in a fight is finding out which is the death square that will prompt the next squad of psycho-mages to go ape-s*** on me.

EXAMPLE:

Widden Valley fight goes like this. I hit the first death square and about 3 guys come after me. No problem. I kill them with the ridiculous power of my mages. While waiting for my 3 mages to regain their magic to full I step under the waterfall. Little did I know that under the waterfall is death-square number 2! The mage from the very top comes down and kills one of my lower-levelled guys in one hit. Damn. Now my sorcerers can't charge to full because they are the ONLY ones who can hit the wizard from hell. They take him out. Now the only one hitting me is some dinky bow guy who's still taking out about 25 a hit on my one-level-lower-than-him guy (the on who isn't dead). So I figure a couple of spells oughta do him in since he is not a sorcerer. 2 spells get him near-death. Success I thought to myself. But the the bow guy moves one square to the left and hit's death square number 3 NOOOOOO-------------. He wakes up the other mage to come heal him and now I'm up the creek. My mages need more magic to kill this NEW mage who is destroying my fighters. But I can't go around chasing this mage because the self-destructive A.I. of enemy soldiers has piled about 5 short-ranged guys on the cliff where the new mage just woke up. So here's where the A.I. is ridiculous

There fighters have been there for awhile because they could not figure out for the life of them how to get down the cliff to where I was. So they're frothing at the bit, at the edge of the waterfall. Which was great before, but now that the new mage is there well, it makes them an impenetrable defense for my poor sorcerers who have run out of CP. Another guy dies and I turn off my PS.

Problem 4. They always have about 20 men compared to the 7 you are allowed to have on the screen.

DO NOT EVER BUY HOSHIGAMI IT IS AWFUL

~SapphireStar~
09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
DO NOT EVER BUY HOSHIGAMI IT IS AWFUL
Ok then ... But Im tempted to cause of jacqueline!

http://www.rpgdreamer.com/pics/hoshigami/jacqueline.jpg