PDA

View Full Version : Japan and the 360

Duncan
09-27-2006, 07:28 AM
So, TGS is over now and MS was able to show off some nice new JRPGs for the 360; Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey (both by Mistwalker, the studio that was formed by Hironobu Sakaguchi) and Eternal Sonata (Trusty Bell in Japan). All three games looked pretty solid and I'm looking forward to their release. But, I have to wonder, will it be enough for the Japanese gamers? So far they have pretty much ignored the 360. Do you think these titles will be enough to crack that market?

JKTrix
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Blue Dragon is THE perfect game for Japan. Japan eats up anything from Akira Toriyama (which is why Dragon Quest is a bigger series than Final Fantasy).
If Japan ignores Blue Dragon just because it's on the 360, then there really is nothing Microsoft can do...except maybe buy Sony.

Samuraid
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM
It will probably depend somewhat on how well the PS3 does.

Dreddz
09-27-2006, 07:35 PM
The recent JRPG's for the 360 will definately turn Japan more in Microsofts favour. But I dont see the 360 doing as well as the PS3 or Wii in Japan.

RiseToFall
09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
I doubt it will change things that greatly for Microsoft. Sure some more units of 360 will sell, but most will still be collecting dust in stores. Plus by the time these games come out, PS3 and Wii will also be out in Japan, and then you can pretty much kiss any more sales of the 360 goodbye.

Rainecloud
09-28-2006, 06:55 AM
It might just help them sell more console units than the Gamecube, but as things stand right now, I doubt it.

Yew-Yevon
09-28-2006, 08:42 PM
I think MS is trying to milk more love than their gana get from japan. I'v read about Billgates trying to put Sony(japanies company) out of busness...I don't think Japan would appreciate that.

bipper
09-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Taht would be rumors of a possible buy out which would allow Microsoft a large monopoly in another area, and access to the world of credit.

As per the subject matter, of course it will help. I don't think the japanese are blindly loyal. If a decent product comes out that fits thier needs, they will do what anyother human does and feed thier selfish libertarian self.

bipper

BustaMo
09-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Not sure if it's been linked to yet...

But, an intense possible intro to the future game was shown and it definitely did not lack graphical violence, and...gore. The site permits you put in your age to view the trailer due to the amount of violence in just the intro.

Also notice the kick-assness of the character that comes in about half-way/more towards the end...seems like the character you'll be playing as. Freak'n awesome.

Lost Odyssey (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13581&type=wmv&pl=game)
Developer: Mistwalker
Publisher: Microsoft

In High Definition too. ;)