PDA

View Full Version : Penance (Possible Spoilers...not exactly sure...)

Giga Guess
09-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Since I can't get ahold of an international version, I have to know. What's the story behind Penance and the Dark Aeons. Are they just "there" or do they have some story behind them?

jammi567
09-27-2006, 02:36 PM
of course, because it's a spiritual thing. the people who use them are bad, but believe are working for the side of good. Therefore.....

Captain Maxx Power
09-27-2006, 02:42 PM
The basic premise behind the Dark Aeons is that they're the summoned Aeons of Yevon priests who are out to get Yuna. It usually shows some cutscene showing someone summoning the Aeon. The exceptions to this are Bahamut and Anima. Bahamut just appears out of nowhere in Zanarkand, and Anima is found through redoing one of the trials in the cave of trials. Penance has absolutely no back-story, he just appears after you've defeated all of the Dark Aeons, albeit in a rather semi-spectacular manner. There's rumours abound that Penance is the combined essence of all of the Aeons, since rather than simply "fading out" like all other machina, he explodes into what is quite obviously Pyreflies. However this is all purely uncanon and not provable.

Giga Guess
09-28-2006, 04:15 AM
So he's just.....there.

Rydia Forever
09-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Pretty much. Although he is also there to give you a good challenge. ;)

aerithsloveslave
09-29-2006, 12:53 PM
I wished that they would have released this here (US) as the greatest hits version.

jammi567
09-29-2006, 01:02 PM
unlucky.

Malboro_Menace
09-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Well you'd have to be mega strong to even consider fighting Penance. I'm pretty sure that 2 of his arms have 5-6m Hp and his main body has 10m Hp. And one of the arms has a deadly arsenal of attacks.

Some of the Dark Aeons arent a pushover either...

Christmas
05-22-2022, 01:26 PM
It is like Necron from FFIX. it is what it is, and thou shalt not question what it is. :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
05-25-2022, 08:49 AM
all you really know about penance is what the name implies, and the implication given by the yevon priests summoning dark aeons. probably something about yuna going against yevon and therefore having to fight some weird god. it has just about as much backstory as any other given superboss in any of the FF games i.e not a lot