PDA

View Full Version : Next-Generation Square Enix

Larahl
09-27-2006, 07:33 PM
What games do you hope from Square Enix to have?
New franchises?
New sequels\prequels?

I would like to see some new franchises, something Square Enix will put a lot of effort in it, like they do with Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Dragon Quest.
I would like also to see:
Star Ocean IV,
Radiata Stories II,
Valkyrie Profile 3, (I really don't think they can make a sequel but if they can it would be great.)
I hope that the new Seiken Densetsu franchise that coming out will sell well, and Square Enix will continue the series,
And a new SaGa title.

So, what franchise do you wish to see in the next-gen consoles?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Vagrant Story 2 (headed by Matsuno, of course)
Chrono Brick
A well-done remake of Romancing SaGa 3
A pony

RiseToFall
09-27-2006, 08:04 PM

Chrono Brick

A well-done remake of Romancing SaGa 3

A pony

-Here's hoping for a new Vagrant Story but I doubt it.

-Will happen eventually but Square hates their fans.

-If it does come out, I'm still staying away.

-Reggie is riding it as we speak.

LunarWeaver
09-27-2006, 08:08 PM
I'd settle for a remake of the original Vagrant Story with difficulty options for huge pussies like me who couldn't beat it :jess:

And yes, I would also like a remake of FFVII, with things in the game changed, because I'm just a crazy asshole newbie :oscar: And hopefully Sephiroth gets renamed to Sephy in this remake for my personal enjoyment.

Since I'm already being a remake whore in this post, let's remake Xenogears too ^.^

More action-RPGs would be a sweet deal for me.

I too would like a Radiata Stories II, one that is more...fleshed out than the first. I got bored with the first one and never even beat it :shifty:

I enjoyed Star Ocean 3 just enough that I would look forward to a 4.

ValkyrieWing
09-28-2006, 08:44 AM
New FFVII!! OMG!

Star Ocean 4

Valkyrie Profile 3, which is possible, cause they could do Hrist's story. :D

My name is...something..?
09-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Definitely a Vagrant Story sequel.
I've been waiting for one since I beat the first one years ago.:(

Larahl
09-28-2006, 09:48 AM
A pony

<ul type="square">
Yeah a sequel to Vagrant Story headed by Yasumi Matsuno will be awesome.
The pony is mine, you can't have it!

Vermachtnis
09-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Radiata Stories 2 would be fun. Especially if you still got to kick stuff. But, even then if Jack isn't the main character I don't know if I'd play it.
I new Chrono game! Or a remake of Trigger. With better graphics and cooler Double and Triple Techs. They just better leave the story alone though...

Rogue
09-30-2006, 05:02 AM
i would like a new VP game new chrono game a another Vagrant story or remake of the first and more FFs and Khs and a remake of FF7,8,9 and make a new fftactics game for the DS and PSP i would love that

The Infinite Telomerase
09-30-2006, 05:36 AM
• More ports of ancient games with superfluous additional features to supposable make up for the fact that they are over a decade old.

• More Final Fantasy Compellations that ‘fill out the plot’ of the originals with the additions of new, nonsensical plot arcs.

• More games that start out with an interesting premise but end up being rushed due to time/budget restraints and end up a complete mess.

• More of the same

• More games for mobile phones. Because mobile phones are an excellent gaming medium.

LunarWeaver
09-30-2006, 05:49 AM
• More ports of ancient games with superfluous additional features to supposable make up for the fact that they are over a decade old.

• More Final Fantasy Compellations that ‘fill out the plot’ of the originals with the additions of new, nonsensical plot arcs.

• More games that start out with an interesting premise but end up being rushed due to time/budget restraints and end up a complete mess.

• More of the same

• More games for mobile phones. Because mobile phones are an excellent gaming medium.

Sounds like someone is a lil' jaded :jess:. Nobody hates Square-Enix games quite like those who buy all the Square-Enix games :roll:

I'm ashamed of myself for not including another Chrono game in my batch of wishes. How could I :(

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2006, 06:44 AM
a FFVII remake might be cool, but I won't be getting a ps3 unfortunately.

What I DEMAND SE makes is A SEQUEL TO THREADS OF FATE!
NOW!!!
:love:

escobert
10-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Some more good ol saga games, I love how they did 8 charcters in Saga Frontier and Romancing Saga. Also Vagrant Story 2 would be cool.

DJZen
10-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Dragon Quest V plzkthxby

LoKuS
10-02-2006, 04:28 PM
A remake of FFVI would be nuts...

Zechs
10-03-2006, 04:45 AM
Vagrant Story 2 here as well as the Chrono Break or what it was called. A Parasite Eve remake might be cool as well.

chionos
10-07-2006, 06:05 AM
A remake of FFVI would be nuts...

Yes, please.
I would like to see a FF with fully-realized Amano characters. I think, by now, SE should be able to handle giving them an adequate 3d treatment. The CG in the ffvi 'remake' for ps did not do the characters justice at all, it was incredibly disappointing.

Chronoanything
Vagrant2
true FFT sequel
Einhander2 or even just a snazzy update on the first
*********BushidoBlade3*********

feioncastor
10-10-2006, 04:19 AM
How about a decent follow up to Final Fantasy Tactics? That game was incredible! If they could pump out another strategy RPG on par with that one... But I bet if anyone could, it's the good folks at Squaresoft--er, Square-Enix...

RiseToFall
10-10-2006, 05:54 AM
I'm surprised that no one here want's Square to make any new original games. It's all about sequels and remakes I guess.

black orb
10-10-2006, 06:01 AM
>>> Threads of Fate sequel...

Nifleheim7
10-10-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm surprised that no one here want's Square to make any new original games. It's all about sequels and remakes I guess.

You are not the only one.
I would love to see new franchises.

Raven Nox
10-10-2006, 09:05 AM
I'd like to see Square make more new franchises as well. I think they need a few new series right about now. But, I'd also kill to have Star Ocean 4, and a Threads of Fate sequel. I wouldn't mind another Chrono game either.

DJZen
10-10-2006, 12:00 PM
The thing about S-E is that each FF sequel is so completely different from any previous one, that it might as well qualify as a new series. For example, what does FFXIII have in common with any other FF game?

aerithsloveslave
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM
The thing about S-E is that each FF sequel is so completely different from any previous one, that it might as well qualify as a new series. For example, what does FFXIII have in common with any other FF game?

From what I have heard, it has a lot more in common with the rest of the series than XII does.

DJZen
10-10-2006, 12:50 PM
It's looking more like Phantasy Star, actually... :D

XxSephirothxX
10-11-2006, 11:18 PM
I'd like to see another Chrono game, and beyond that...something new. A fresh action/rpg series, perhaps for the 360. But Mistwalker might have that ground covered for them. And they'll probably do it better.

Jowy
10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
I remember hearing rumors of a Seiken Densetsu themed MMORPG a while back in EGM. I'd really like for that to happen one day.

feioncastor
10-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Or hows about a Brave Fencer Musashi sequel that doesn't suck as bad as Samurai Legend Musashi?

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2006, 05:00 AM
Apparently there was a Threads of Fate sequel. It was a PC game made by fans based on Mint and Maya. Japan only.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Fan-made games don't count.

Jessweeee♪
10-22-2006, 05:30 AM
It didn't look that good anyway -.-

Reine
10-22-2006, 06:14 AM
Another Drakengard game or two, more Star Ocean games, and Vagrant Story 2

Vaincast
10-22-2006, 04:11 PM
I think tehy already announced that Devil May Cry 4 is already coming out so I'll cross that out. And then theres KH3, the HAVE to get that out

XxSephirothxX
10-22-2006, 06:02 PM
You know Devil May Cry is made by Capcom, not Square Enix, right? :p I wouldn't mind another Kingdom Hearts, but I hope they wait a few years to release it; anyway, I think Nomura's already stated that he'll be busy with other projects and won't have time to work on a new KH for a good while.

Khaotic
10-23-2006, 04:53 AM
Star Ocean IV

Older Final Fantasys with top-notch graphics and voice actors( someof you just want to kill me, huh? :D)

Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9 remade on PS2 with voice actors and slightly better graphics(:D)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-23-2006, 05:06 AM
So, what franchise do you wish to see in the next-gen consoles?
Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9 remade on PS2Does not compute.

Khaotic
10-23-2006, 07:29 AM
Ps3, better?

Wolf Kanno
10-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Chrono Break
Dew Prism 2
Vagrant Story 2 (please for the luv of god:love: )
How about finally releasing DQV, Radical Dreamers (yes I'm aware it's a horrible "choose your own adventure game" but dammit it explains alot of things in Chrono Cross) and Star Ocean 1?
Definetly a sequel to FFT except please have it on a console.
How about a sequel to Robotrek as well?

As for remakes (since the thread seems to be going that way...) FFIV and FFVI, I still feel it is too early to do a remake of any of the PSX games. Let your elders have some time to shine. Squenix can think about remaking FFVII-FFIX after they have been rereleased on the PS3 and Revolution in a compilation pack called Final Fantasy Grimoire where they will only have a few minor tweaks and a new compilation opening and closing cut-scenes but nothing else will be changed (like Cloud's "popeye" arms and the jaggedness of the graphics for Squall and Vivi) :p

Personally, I would like to see Squenix work on more non-FF,DQ,AND KH games. Just because I don't want them to burn out the series (which is what it is looking like right now.) :mog: