PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest thing you've ever done playing a game

DK
09-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Well?

Mine is playing Tekken using the Guitar Hero guitar to control my characters.

James Latimer Cockney Rebel's is losing to me 3 out of 4 times when I was using said guitar to control my character. :D

edczxcvbnm
09-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Using the Dance Dance Pad to play Hotshots Golf.

Bunny
09-27-2006, 08:59 PM
I have gone upwards of five-to-six hours without saving a single time while playing an RPG. Likewise, I have played strategy RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics without saving before several key, and difficult, battles.

As far as using game-specific controllers for games they were not meant for.. yeah. I haven't done that.

I Took the Red Pill
09-27-2006, 09:09 PM
I was convinced that if I shot at that dog who mocked me in Duck Hunt enough times, I would splatter his insides on the screen eventually.

Jowy
09-27-2006, 09:16 PM
DDR pad + Street Fighter Alpha 3 = chaos.

I've used the Gibson SG for Um Jammer Lammy as well but it didn't work at all. :(

Araciel
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
grinding in rpgs or spending loads of money on characters who are just going to die anyway...damn you LULU

Madame Adequate
09-27-2006, 09:40 PM
I tried to play TimeSplitters with a DDR pad.

Operative word being tried.

Venom
09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
I erased my level 70 Shadow knight on Champions:return to arms.:(

On purpose too...I'm such an idiot...

Old Manus
09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Being stuck for days on the Salvage Ship on FFX because I didn't want to go through all that crap with Rikku explaining the Sphere Grid over again, only to realise you need to talk to her to continue.

KentaRawr!
09-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I WOULD say using a DDR pad to play Megaman 8, but that was sweet. It would have to be when I jumped off the edge in SSBM for the 239908th time. However, I felt MOST dumb when playing Metroid for the NES. I was in Kraid's area, and those little holes that burp up balls of energy were giving me a hard time. One of them only burped 3 instead of 4, and I figured I was just lucky. He burped the 4th one right when I landed on the hole/platform it burps from. :eep:

Erdrick Holmes
09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Playing Ninja Gaiden, that game has claimed the lives of two XBox controllers due to the game pissing me off so badly I threw them against a wall.

Tavrobel
09-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Putting a twenty year old NES on the ground and jumping up and down when you finally beat Bowser for the first time.

Jessweeee♪
09-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Running straight into the first mushroom of level 1-1 on super mario brothers :eep:
Playing DDR with a normal controller, which can be challenging sometimes.

Saving a new game over my FFVIII file when I was at the end of Disc 2. Did it again the same week when I got it back up to the end of Disc 3.

nik0tine
09-27-2006, 11:49 PM
I turned on the playstation and X-2 was still in there by mistake.

Carl the Llama
09-27-2006, 11:55 PM
letting my brother play Final Fantasy VIII before i had completed it for the first time... I remember telling him NOT to save over my save slot... then I hear those immortal words... oops >.<

Lawr
09-28-2006, 12:01 AM
DDR Max pad (Autographed w00t!) + Katamari Damacy

Vincent, Thunder God
09-28-2006, 12:05 AM
In Halo 1 and 2:

-Jumping out of a Warthog driver seat just as my AI counterparts drive off the edge of a cliff due to my acceleration.

-Jumping out of a moving Warthog full of AI counterparts as another full Warthog comes up behind and wasting all of my plasma grenades blowing both up, then watching as the Warthogs and passengers fly in the air and crash into each other.

In general:

-I take great enjoyment in shooting and killing my friends' characters in multiplayer co-op. Usually they get really pissed off, but I'm willing to screw up a whole mission if necessary to shoot at them.

-Another thing I do in most games is save and then purposefully jump off a cliff. I don't know why I do this, but in any game with a cliff I do it at least once to watch my character fall off.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-28-2006, 12:09 AM
CULDCEPT... Give this to that unsuspecting someone you hate as a gift at Xmas or Birthdays, or just kill them with feigned kindness.... I can't even BEGIN to describe how awful this game is... Believe me I tried, I really, really tried, for weeks, but it was just... impossible. It's monopoly gone horribily, horribly wrong... The dumbest thing I did in this game was buy it... They warned me at the Gamespot, but I didn't listen... Why oh, WHY didn't I listen?

CULDCEPT

REMEMBER IT!!!!

Evastio
09-28-2006, 12:26 AM
When I first played FF4 I used Elixirs on Black Lizs and Armadillos just because it looked cool. :D

LunarWeaver
09-28-2006, 12:28 AM
When I played FFX for the 6th (and last, so far) time, I had seen the cutscenes so many times I started reading the dialogue along with the characters. I daresay it counted as being pretty dumb.

Spammerman
09-28-2006, 12:32 AM
RUnning into a mass horde of zombies to get to a guy with a gun, with one helath abr, and almost no weapon, just to get a gun.

Shiny
09-28-2006, 01:39 AM
I was convinced that if I shot at that dog who mocked me in Duck Hunt enough times, I would splatter his insides on the screen eventually.
:D

I tried to connect to Xbox live without an internet connection.

Cruise Control
09-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Easy-Auto mode, on Devil May Cry.

Ouch!
09-28-2006, 02:17 AM
Final Fantasy VIII, Disc 2, Galbadia Garden, Basketball Courts. Apparently you can only walk up the left side of the staircase. I kept trying the right. I ended up getting all my characters and GFs to level 100 by fighting the Slapshot enemies before I figured out.

Took me about a month of on and off playing and frustration to get it right.

I feel like a dumbass just talking about it.

black orb
09-28-2006, 03:07 AM
>>> Die and get a Game Over..

Vincent, Thunder God
09-28-2006, 03:13 AM

There is actually a flash version of that game where you can shoot the dog. I'm not going to dig it up at the moment, but you should be able to find it on "addicting games."

Erdrick Holmes
09-28-2006, 03:46 AM
I fell asleep with my Xbox controller plugged in and lying on my bed. I rolled over and it fell on my knee.

Vermachtnis
09-28-2006, 03:47 AM
On an old Gunbound account I bunged the other three people on my team with a JD. Dummy Slopes+new JD user always equals hilarouty I found out.

Lynx
09-28-2006, 03:48 AM
playing supersmash brothers melee and fighting 2 hands on the hardest mode and i fell through my chair and dropped the controlelr and when i got up i had lost. im not fat the chair was broken.

NINJA_Ryu
09-28-2006, 04:33 AM
Well, trying to snipe guys who have me pinned down...but i get them in the end!

and also when there is an "invisible" puzzle or bridge, i just run everywhere, die a bunch, then get it.

Markus. D
09-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Telling the creators of GW to nerf the Dervish :( (and they nerfed the AoE attacks ._.)

why would I tell them to nerf my faveorite class?

Raistlin
09-28-2006, 05:58 AM

I think yours is failing to kill me in GunBound for like 10 turns when I had roughly 7 health left on a single pixel of space so I couldn't change my angle to fight back.

Rainecloud
09-28-2006, 06:54 AM
I once attempted to eat one of the ghosts in Pac Man without taking a big pill first.

Oh, the hilarity.

ValkyrieWing
09-28-2006, 08:27 AM
DDR with the regular controller, though I'm AWESOME at it...I can do almost anything.

And I did the Katamari with the DDR pad. And I played Tetris with the DDR pad, too. :D

RiseToFall
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
I did the Katamari with the DDR pad

That actually sounds kinda fun. I would try if I had a DDR pad.

ValkyrieWing
09-28-2006, 05:14 PM
It's freaking HARD to steer.

DK
09-28-2006, 07:11 PM

I think yours is failing to kill me in GunBound for like 10 turns when I had roughly 7 health left on a single pixel of space so I couldn't change my angle to fight back.

That would have been if it wasn't for the fact that every time we've played since then i've rode you bloody. :love:

sephiroth the dark angel
09-28-2006, 07:20 PM
mine is running into wals on wild arms

Elite Lord Sigma
09-28-2006, 08:42 PM
I once forgot to rescue Dorcas after he fought in the arena in FE7, proceeding to get his ass handed to him by a mage.

I got pissed off, but then I realized that nearly every other character that can use axes is better than him, anyway.

Raistlin
09-28-2006, 09:18 PM

That would have been if it wasn't for the fact that every time we've played since then i've rode you bloody. :love:

Only when you're on my team yet still try to screw me over with those teleportation items and TKing, you bastard. :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
09-28-2006, 10:57 PM
When I played FFX for the 6th (and last, so far) time, I had seen the cutscenes so many times I started reading the dialogue along with the characters. I daresay it counted as being pretty dumb.
I've played 12 times :eep:
My favorite game if you can't tell.

Final Fantasy VIII, Disc 2, Galbadia Garden, Basketball Courts. Apparently you can only walk up the left side of the staircase. I kept trying the right. I ended up getting all my characters and GFs to level 100 by fighting the Slapshot enemies before I figured out.

Took me about a month of on and off playing and frustration to get it right.

I feel like a dumbass just talking about it.

That's nothing!!! I did that for FOUR YEARS on the Underground Ruins on THREADS OF FATE!
Threads of Fate.
Seriously....

Pete for President
09-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Saved a new game over my GTA VC 100% game. Sigh...

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-29-2006, 08:18 AM
I have 33 Master Magic Materias, 18 Master Commands, and 9 Master Summons.

Even if FF7 had a triple digit counter, it would read 999:59:59

Rosenti
09-29-2006, 09:16 PM
letting my brother play Final Fantasy VIII before i had completed it for the first time... I remember telling him NOT to save over my save slot... then I hear those immortal words... oops >.<

i know exactly how you feel...:eep: :eep: :eep:

ow yeah and saving over my 100% completion game on San Andreas.. my words " i can always get it back another day" uugh..

Ethanol Dreams
09-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I got really far in FFVI... then realised the next day that when you walked over a save thingy, you had to go to the menu to save. I thought the light meant it saved for you! :(

Cookie
09-29-2006, 09:56 PM
I tried to be cocky and navigate the San Andreas menu to the LOAD GAME option, unfortunately I went too far, as in DELETE GAME too far.

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Well, I don't think I'll get to do the DDR thing...
My brother and I had a disagreement and when I left I heard my mat crinkling. I know he wasn't playing either...he hates that game.

Ashi
09-30-2006, 08:09 PM
With some games I used to make a bunch of save files at different stages when I am not sure what I should be doing, then I just keep on playing whatever advance with minimum trouble. Then when I was kind of near the end of one game, I thought I'd delete all my extra saves on memory card to save space (this was PSX not PS2) and ended up erasing my main save.

I think I broke a PSX controller also. But I will not say how. It was a different game and kind of unrelated to the save files being deleted.

Mo-Nercy
09-30-2006, 10:12 PM
I have a habit of putting my feet up whenever I play. My PS2 sits on the same shelf that I put my feet on so if I get too excited playing something, I nudge the PS2 and if I'm especially unlucky, I hit the reset button. This has come to secks me in the ass a lot.

Slicksword45
09-30-2006, 10:21 PM
When I tryed to fit a Ps2 disk in to a GC

Captain Maxx Power
09-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Played Sonic 1 blindfolded whilst a friend directed me. Never ever make incredulous claims about your elitability unless you're willing to put it to the test.

DK
10-01-2006, 03:10 AM
With some games I used to make a bunch of save files at different stages when I am not sure what I should be doing, then I just keep on playing whatever advance with minimum trouble. Then when I was kind of near the end of one game, I thought I'd delete all my extra saves on memory card to save space (this was PSX not PS2) and ended up erasing my main save.

I think I broke a PSX controller also. But I will not say how. It was a different game and kind of unrelated to the save files being deleted.

My god this thread was entirely worth it just because you posted again, Erick. COME BACK TO ROSIE :(

Zamba136
10-01-2006, 11:14 AM
um, let's see...hehe.

i used a steering wheel on armored core(try it!). um repetedly saved new games over ratchet and clank and it's sequels when i meant to load game.

written cuss words as names to FF caracters, and even worse...i named every character in FF7 after characters in Legend of Dragoon.

um... i know i'm forgeting half of the stupid things i've done.

YunaGirl05
10-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Besides trying to play games with DDR mats and Nascar stering wheels it'd probably be trying to use the controller with my mouth

sephiroth the dark angel
10-01-2006, 06:53 PM
i know what myne was overwritting my ff7 file (level 87)because i was bored .lol i didn't even notice though i spent a month without touching that ff game and when i did i left it next to the tv so now it wont load my level 99 file (all weapons defeated) :( :(