PDA

View Full Version : Spam!

The Unknown Guru
09-28-2006, 04:02 AM
This thread is simple. What do you think of Monty Python?
Were they geniuses of sketch comedy or were they just idiots making a living off of what goes on in their twisted minds? If you like them, what is your favorite episode/movie?

I love them. my favorite movie is Life of Brian and one of my favorite episodes is the one with the Ministry of Silly Walks and Spiny Norman. "Dinsdale?"

Vincent, Thunder God
09-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Yes, they are defintely comic geniuses. Some of the material was a bit boring, but mostly there is some very intelligent and original material. A good example of some of their best stuff was in the Holy Grail. The Life of Brian was great too. The show itself wasn't perfect, but generally each episode had some good skits.

As for some of my favourite skits:

-Spam
-The skit about the dumb boxer with John Cleese
-Summarize Prout in 5 minutes
-The Spanish Inquisitition

to name a few. I forget some of them now.

Spammerman
09-28-2006, 04:05 AM
I saw a part of it. The part where the black knight is fighting the kings knight, then he fights the king and gets his limbs cut off.hilariousness.

ValkyrieWing
09-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Holy grail FTW.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Crude, humorous, and somewhat bizarre. I gave it a Fair+

theundeadhero
09-28-2006, 07:29 AM
I think they just did whatever they could to amuse themselves, and a lot of people happened to also get amused by it.

vorpal blade
09-28-2006, 09:27 AM
I think Meaning of Life was a bit more intelligent than the rest of their hillarious nonsensical nonsense-making. So while they have the ability to do smart stuff, most of what they did was simlpy good entertainment.

sephirothishere
09-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I love them. my favorite movie is Life of Brian

blessed are the cheese makers.....and what did the romans ever do for us....hahahahaha......
there funny.....i think there kinda crazy....and it jus seems funny when the stuff they think about happens......ya know what i mean....

Quindiana Jones
09-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Vikings! SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM!

I also like Bicycle Repairman. Their best film is easily The Holy Grail.

jrgen
09-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Life of Brian is my favourite movie. My favourite sketch would probably be the witch scene in Holy Grail though.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
I've seen Life of Brian and Holy Grail. Both are bloody hilarious. Especially the scene with the Black Knight.

Black Knight (after losing his arms and kicking Arthur in the head): Right, I'll get you for that.
Arthur: You'll what?!
Black Knight: You cannot defeat the Black Knight!
Arthur: Look, you stupid bastard, you haven't got any arms left!
Black Knight: I am invincible!
Arthur: You're a loony!

look_out_below
09-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Here are a few i like (I've included links for them)

1) The Twit Oylmpics Twits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17xNY5Du0NQ) (sorry about the low quality of this one)

2) Musical Mice Squeak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OXfAPPckQU)

3) Fish Slapping Dance Slap! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s)
There are so many funny moments from Monty Python its too numerous to list.

Also here is something i found that combines Star Trek and Monty Python just for fun. What happens when you sing Camelot on a space ship? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luVjkTEIoJc)

jrgen
09-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Lol, Captain Kirk heils at 01:18.

sephirothishere
09-29-2006, 12:55 PM
1) The Twit Oylmpics Twits

i forgot about that.......its funny........
i have life of brian special edition dvd...its got a cool thing called meet the pythons on it........and guess what.....theyre crazy bitches in real life.......

fantasyjunkie
09-29-2006, 01:28 PM
My best scene out of all the Monty Pyton skits and movies was in the the Holy Grail where they were in that cave reading that inscription that ended in "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" :D :D :D :D

farplaner
09-29-2006, 04:09 PM
They are genii (plural of genius)! You can't really do comedy on television without dumbing some of it down...I think their movies were where they really shined.

The Twit Olympics was hilarious.... "He's run himself over with the car!" :lol: :lol:

One that comes to mind from "The Meaning of Life" is where Death pays the dinner party a visit. Everyone asks, "How did we all die at the same time?" Death points ominously to the salmon mousse, and the woman says: "Hey! I didn't eat the mousse!"

tailz
09-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Whe are the knights that say NI.