PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Morridor
09-28-2006, 08:58 AM
I just got this game and it is really amazing! It was styled after Zelda games so it plays very nicely, but I think it's better constructed than Zelda games. To be honest with you, this is one of the best games on the DS I have played so far. It is so cute and funny, and it's just plain fun! I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game and I really want to play more!

I've done some of the mini-games and the Tank battles are simply amazing! They are so much fun to play! They are more complicated that I originally thought but still extremely enjoyable! The other minigames like the surfing one is also really fun! I really want my friends to play more so I can play against them!

Has anyone else gotten this game? It was released a week ago and I love it so much! Has anyone else thought about getting it? If you have it, how are you liking the Tank battles? Do you break every light bulb in the tanks just for fun? What's your favorite tank? Have you played multiplayer yet?

Danny

Jowy
09-28-2006, 03:39 PM
I hate the tank battles. <3

Morridor
09-28-2006, 11:56 PM
That's sad. . .

Danny

Jowy
09-29-2006, 01:25 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the game itself. The tank battles just don't have any effect on me except a 'goddammit, I don't want to do this' one.

Necronopticous
10-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Dear God, this game is phenomenal.

DJZen
10-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Dear god, this game was entirely too short. :(

Necronopticous
10-07-2006, 12:05 AM
I have been playing just as steadily since I beat it. The real fun is creating an unstoppable artilery to battle your friends with. That said, I just completed my alchemy and crew lists. Working on getting the last HP upgrade, loading up on the best ammo, and getting all gold in the museum.

NINJA_Ryu
10-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Hmm, this is striking my fancy.

Scale of 1-10 with pro and cons for a potential buyer?

DJZen
10-10-2006, 12:04 PM
It's just a very fun game. It's also the first game in a VERY long time that got me so addicted that I couldn't put it down. I'd probably give it a 9 out of 10. Pros are good gameplay, humor, references to other Square-Enix games (especially the DQ series), pacing, 2 player head to head battles, and the fact that you play as a slime. Cons are... ummm... Well it's kinda short. That's really all I can think of.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, this seriously needed to be longer.

Necronopticous
10-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Egh, you guys are nit-pickers. The length was fine for a handheld spinoff action/adventure title. Besides, it takes forever to load up with the best ammo, get all golds in the museum, and fully upgrade your tank HP. There is plenty in this game to keep you busy for well over 35-40 hours, and that's plenty.

Also, what ammo/HP/crew/crew AI do you have in your tank right now? This could be fun.

XxSephirothxX
10-13-2006, 04:02 AM
I don't want to lay down the bucks for it, but I'd like to play it. :( Maybe when it gets cheaper. It sure looks fun.

Necronopticous
10-13-2006, 04:04 AM
It's worth it. Definitely one of, if not THE, best title in the DS library.

XxSephirothxX
10-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Hearing "it's like Zelda" is almost enough to make me buy it outright. :D But with so many great games coming out in the next month, I'll have to wait. It's a shame it doesn't support Wi-Fi. :(

Necronopticous
10-13-2006, 05:08 AM
Anyway, since no one has posted their tank yet, I guess I'll post mine.

HP: 1500 (MAX)

CREW:
Goodybag (Steal ammo)
Hammerhood (Fire like crazy)
Killing Machine (Use the upper cannon)

AMMO:<UL>
(2) Metal King Shield
(1) Special Medicine
(2) Edged Boomerang
(2) Mirror Shield
(2) Hero Sword
(1) Destructiball
(1) BS-3 Slimahawk
(7) Kafrizzle
(2) Metal King Sword
(10) Meteorite

DJZen
10-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Hearing "it's like Zelda" is almost enough to make me buy it outright. :D But with so many great games coming out in the next month, I'll have to wait. It's a shame it doesn't support Wi-Fi. :(

It's not like Zelda. You bounce around collecting everything in sight, fight boss battles (which are suprisingly easy) and then you get into tank battles. I don't understand this likening of Rocket Slime to Zelda. I think it's because it's top down and your health is displayed in hearts.

NINJA_Ryu
10-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Argh, with only 100 bucks to spend, and FF III, V, and VI right around the corner, its a hard temptation right now.....plus 40 bucks out of the window for paintballing that i signed up to do.....i need more monies!!!

Necronopticous
10-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Final Fantasy VI Advance isn't right around the corner.

DJZen
10-14-2006, 04:32 PM
FFIII and FFV will both be mass produced. It will be easy to find new copies in stores for a very long time to come.

NINJA_Ryu
10-14-2006, 05:32 PM
But i want them soon..:(

But hey, thats not a problem anymore! whoo

now i have enough for all of em yay! so i picked up Rocket Slime yesterday, and it was pretty intresting, although tank battles arent my forte..:(

NINJA_Ryu
10-19-2006, 03:35 AM
Hmm, i know its a double post, but hey, i want input, and it doesnt warrant another thread in this section.

How long have you guys taken in just pure "grinding" for alchemy ingredients? Its pretty tedious, getting a tank full of metal kings.....1 down, 24 to go! :P

DJZen
10-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Not unless I need to, which isn't often. The enemy AI during tank battles isn't all that intense. I got a ranking of S(UB)LIME! on the rank B prima battaglia.

NINJA_Ryu
10-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Nice, what point of the game did you start competing? Since i still had the Flucifer level to get through, and just revamping tank with metal kings, and herbs, a few chilis too