PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me name a created character?

SuperMillionaire
09-28-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm creating a story based on the 2004 tsunami disaster. I need to figure out the name of my main character. She is a teenage girl whose first name is Rayanna, derived from the Indonesian word raya, which means "Great". I need to know what the words "wave" and "heart" are in Indonesian. I've looked on the internet and I can't find an online dictionary. Can somebody look it up for me and give the words to me, please? Thank you.

Teiju
09-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Is it really needed? That would be like someone with their first name StrongArm etc. No, find the more tradition Indonesian names - Wayan, Made, Nyoman, Ketut/Gede.

SuperMillionaire
09-28-2006, 03:38 PM
No, I need the name to reflect the disaster. Here's another example:

Katrina Windheart

Katrina = Hurricane Katrina
Wind = Wind Power
Heart = she has a pure heart

I need the exact same thing for my tsunami story.

Levian
09-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Ah, cheese.

Roto13
09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Is Bugs Bunny going to be in it?

Levian
09-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Tsunami Bren might be.

Sylvie
09-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Okay. I would like these people to be in it:

Sora
Sephiroth
Cloud
Bugs Bunny
Mickey Mouse
Lamia
Donald Duck
Tifa
Goofy
Mr. T
Chuck Norris
Vincent
George W. Bush
Robin and Batman

bipper
09-28-2006, 09:23 PM
I would name him somthing more like "Hope of the Disaster" in some way; if the story will provide such light.

sephirothishere
09-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Sora
Sephiroth
Cloud
Bugs Bunny
Mickey Mouse
Lamia
Donald Duck
Tifa
Goofy
Mr. T
Raoul Duke
Vincent
George W. Bush
Robin and Batman

yeh..........ill be in it man..........jus when the tsunami comes....im outta there.......in fact keep me away from indonesia...too many bugs....

Flying Mullet
09-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Tsunami Bren might be.
I'd read it.

Moon Rabbits
09-29-2006, 02:43 AM
Wait, that happened in 2004?

Wtfz, where did 2 years of my life go??

SuperMillionaire
09-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Some of the characters listed above will be in the story. And the character is a girl. I need the Indonesian words for "wave" and "heart". Please give them to me!

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Might want to try Google. (http://www.google.com)

Resha
09-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Some of the characters listed above will be in the story. And the character is a girl. I need the Indonesian words for "wave" and "heart". Please give them to me!

Wave = alun, riak...there's a ton. Actually I'm just giving you the Bahasa Melayu version but it's pretty damn close to the Bahasa Indonesia thing (most of it's the same)

Heart = Hati.

Dell
09-29-2006, 04:56 PM

Wave = alun, riak...there's a ton. Actually I'm just giving you the Bahasa Melayu version but it's pretty damn close to the Bahasa Indonesia thing (most of it's the same)

Heart = Hati.

Wave = Ombak. :p

Christmas
09-29-2006, 04:57 PM
leviathan

SuperMillionaire
09-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Thank you. Her name will be Rayanna Riakhati. She will be the main character in the tsunami story.

Katrina Windheart is the main character of the Hurricane Katrina story. It was easy to name her because she is American, and I would just give her the first name Katrina, symbolizing the storm that she shares her name with, and then use English words for her last name. (Her name in Japanese would be Katrina Aerohato)

The stories for both characters will take influence from the two natural disasters, as well as from War of the Worlds and Kingdom Hearts. Like Sora in the first Kingdom Hearts, as well as Roxas in Kingdom Hearts 2, Rayanna and Katrina both experience their own "dives into the heart".

The tsunami story takes place in December 2005, one year after the killer wave struck. Katrina takes place at the end of August 2006, one year after the storm devastated New Orleans.

Here's a small overview of both stories:

At the one year anniversaries of the 2004 tsunami disaster and Hurricane Katrina, a dark force strikes the regions devastated by the two disasters. Sentinels (cybernetic creatures from X-Men) and Heartless invade, and the sky turns dark and gothic.

Rayanna, originally from America, born to Indonesian parents, moved to Indonesia in 2002, at the age of 10. She lived in Bande-Aceh, Indonesia, which was devastated by the tsunami. She lost all of her property, all of her friends, and all but one family member: her father. The two moved back to America in just a month after the tsunami. As of 2006, she is 14 years old.

Katrina, on the other hand, was indirectly affected by the storm that she shared her name with. She lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and many New Orleans evacuees moved to Baton Rouge. She was always known as a good samaritan who loved to help people, so when a devasting storm was given her name, she was crushed. She was constantly teased and dissed at school simply because her name is Katrina, saying that "she destroyed New Orleans", although, despite her name, she doesn't have anything to do with that storm, although she would certainly love to help the victims. As of 2006, she is also 14 years old. Coincidentally, as both disasters had to do with water, both are Aquarius; both were born in February.

For the stories, stay tuned. Both feature many appearances from KH/FF, Disney, WB/DC Comics, Marvel, and Capcom.

Sylvie
09-30-2006, 05:53 AM
Thank you. Her name will be Rayanna Riakhati. She will be the main character in the tsunami story.

Katrina Windheart is the main character of the Hurricane Katrina story. It was easy to name her because she is American, and I would just give her the first name Katrina, symbolizing the storm that she shares her name with, and then use English words for her last name. (Her name in Japanese would be Katrina Aerohato)

The stories for both characters will take influence from the two natural disasters, as well as from War of the Worlds and Kingdom Hearts. Like Sora in the first Kingdom Hearts, as well as Roxas in Kingdom Hearts 2, Rayanna and Katrina both experience their own "dives into the heart".

The tsunami story takes place in December 2005, one year after the killer wave struck. Katrina takes place at the end of August 2006, one year after the storm devastated New Orleans.

Here's a small overview of both stories:

At the one year anniversaries of the 2004 tsunami disaster and Hurricane Katrina, a dark force strikes the regions devastated by the two disasters. Sentinels (cybernetic creatures from X-Men) and Heartless invade, and the sky turns dark and gothic.

Rayanna, originally from America, born to Indonesian parents, moved to Indonesia in 2002, at the age of 10. She lived in Bande-Aceh, Indonesia, which was devastated by the tsunami. She lost all of her property, all of her friends, and all but one family member: her father. The two moved back to America in just a month after the tsunami. As of 2006, she is 14 years old.

Katrina, on the other hand, was indirectly affected by the storm that she shared her name with. She lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and many New Orleans evacuees moved to Baton Rouge. She was always known as a good samaritan who loved to help people, so when a devasting storm was given her name, she was crushed. She was constantly teased and dissed at school simply because her name is Katrina, saying that "she destroyed New Orleans", although, despite her name, she doesn't have anything to do with that storm, although she would certainly love to help the victims. As of 2006, she is also 14 years old. Coincidentally, as both disasters had to do with water, both are Aquarius; both were born in February.

For the stories, stay tuned. Both feature many appearances from KH/FF, Disney, WB/DC Comics, Marvel, and Capcom.

...Okay, dude, I'm going to be completely honest with you here.

From the looks of it, this story is not going to be good. One, because you're adding unusual and unnecessary characters into the story. I really can't clearly see any of this stuff working out. I mean, what's the Marvel people gonna do? Is Captain America going to beat the crap out of George Bush?

I would love to see you make an original story. One that didn't involve about 10 unlikely crossovers with a whole bunch of crap added and whatnot.

SuperMillionaire
09-30-2006, 05:56 AM
Well, the superheroes want to rebuild, but the president said no.

Sylvie
09-30-2006, 05:59 AM

...What the hell?

Edit: Rename the story "One Hundred Copyrights and a Tsunami".

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-30-2006, 11:57 AM
This is just like the ultimate fighting game idea and whatever...

Here is a good idea make a character named Mr.Bush and make him do a kamikase atack agaisnt the hurricane.

roxy
09-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Okay. I would like these people to be in it:

Sora
Sephiroth
Cloud
Bugs Bunny
Mickey Mouse
Lamia
Donald Duck
Tifa
Goofy
Mr. T
Raoul Duke
Vincent
George W. Bush
Robin and Batman

And a man who speaks Russian and can shoot laserbeams.

Markus. D
09-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Something Something Wendt.

Reine
09-30-2006, 01:22 PM
If the story has no Maxx Power in it, its doomed

SuperMillionaire
09-30-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't makes jokes with these things; these joke characters don't make any sense! I have to be serious with these things. For the people that support me, thank you. If you support me, please say so right here!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-01-2006, 07:34 PM
i wonder what the theme, and soundtract this movie would have :lol:

~SapphireStar~
10-01-2006, 07:35 PM

Kizule
10-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Don't forget the Evil Apples! They should totally fight with the superheros about rebuilding! See, they want to destroy everything. They're secretly behind Huricane Katrina and Cancer.

I'd totally buy that book.

Vikeve
10-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Don't forget the Evil Apples! They should totally fight with the superheros about rebuilding! See, they want to destroy everything. They're secretly behind Huricane Katrina and Cancer.

I'd totally buy that book.

Don't forget The Great Pelipper Conspiracy thats in a huge gang fight with apples but they team up to destroy The monarchy of lemons.:mad2:

Moon Rabbits
10-01-2006, 08:15 PM

i lolled so hard.

I don't makes jokes with these things; these joke characters don't make any sense! I have to be serious with these things. For the people that support me, thank you. If you support me, please say so right here!

You cannot expect us to take your story seriously if it's about Hurricane Katrina+Sri Lanka Tsunami+X-Men+Disney/Heartless+etc.

She lost all of her property, all of her friends, and all but one family member: her father. The two moved back to America in just a month after the tsunami. As of 2006, she is 14 years old.

She was constantly teased and dissed at school simply because her name is Katrina, saying that "she destroyed New Orleans", although, despite her name, she doesn't have anything to do with that storm, although she would certainly love to help the victims.

Rayanna - How would they move to America (that'd cost alot) if they lost everything to the tsunami?
Katrina - I doubt a 14 year old girl would be teased for sharing her name with a hurricane.

Shadow Masamune
10-01-2006, 09:14 PM
how about:

Merician?

Fonzie
10-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Will you put it on NBC as "Everybody loves hurricanes"?

Breine
10-01-2006, 10:02 PM

:eep:

SuperMillionaire
10-02-2006, 11:02 PM
WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE STOP MAKING JOKES?!?!

*sigh*

Anyway...

The theme is epic. It is a magical sci-fi epic story. The soundtrack would be KH-style mixed with FF and Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

Okay, Rayanna will NOT move back to America until she is summoned to help Katrina, of which after she defeats the dark force associated with the storm, she begs Rayanna to stay with her, and she accepts.

And Katrina was constantly teased, dissed, and mocked at school in the several months after the storm, simply because she shares her name with that storm, and every night, she would cry herself to sleep. Hurricane Katrina wasn't just a hurricane; it was an extremely powerful hurricane that resulted in complete and utter destruction, and that's why she was constantly ridiculed at school. She began her 8th-grade elementary school year in September, about two weeks after Katrina and just right after 9/11. She was 13 at that time. Most of the teasing came from her rival, Hastina, and her friends. She and Katrina have been rivals since childhood. They both have their own all-girl rock bands. Katrina's rock band is called Katrina and the Tsunamis, founded with her three closest friends, symbolizing two natural disasters, and based loosely on the 1980s rock band Katrina and the Waves, of which Katrina and the Tsunamis have covered the original rock band's smash hit, which is rather ironically-titled "Walking on Sunshine". Their style varies from arena rock to soft rock. Hastina's rock band is called "The Raging Smashers", which specialize in mu metal and rapcore. They are based loosely on the 1980s rock band Nirvana.

Sylvie
10-02-2006, 11:05 PM
The theme is epic. It is a magical sci-fi epic story. The soundtrack would be KH-style mixed with FF and Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

It's really hard not to make jokes when you say something like that.

SuperMillionaire
10-02-2006, 11:19 PM
It's only the music, IF it were to be a movie, which I don't plan on making right now. I said that is what the soundtrack would be like. I like the wacky KH piano, FF7:AC's rock-and-roll, and WWTBAM's techno music.

And if it was a movie or game, I'd also have an ending song by Utada Hikaru and Katharine McPhee.

Sylvie
10-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Have you ever tried thinking what would actually work well in a story, besides having about 20 copyrights in the story? Seriously. A real-life Tsunami and a bunch of spin-offs from random games doesn't really blend.

Try something original.

SuperMillionaire
10-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Have you ever tried thinking what would actually work well in a story, besides having about 20 copyrights in the story? Seriously. A real-life Tsunami and a bunch of spin-offs from random games doesn't really blend.

Try something original.

I have only 6 copyrights, using characters from 6 companies, and two stories. The characters make cameo appearances, and there are no spin-offs. There is little to no mention of the characters' storylines in their original games.

Dynast-Kid
10-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Are you kidding me?I could understand if you made a story about the actual events that had NO X-Men,KH etc. characters.That'd just be so...Ridiculous.Not to mention you'd be sued your ass off...

Sylvie
10-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah, anyway. It would be a lot better if you took the actual event out.

Decessus
10-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, I've got a story idea.

Sora, the weilder of the keyblade, has been sent to Iraq to be a soldier, along with Cloud Strife and Kelly Rippa. Little do they know, Sadam Hussein is really Magneto from X-Men, and is creating an army of Muppet Clones that can summon terrible monsters known as Espers. Will the American Deciples of Bush with the help of Harry Potter be able to save the world of Earth and the world of Dragon Ball Z from the evil Iraqi Muppet Summoners and Magneto or will they give into the darkness and become heartless?

So what do you think?

Roto13
10-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Why do you make these threads when you know how they will turn out?

Sylvie
10-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Very good, but my story is way better.

Po, the red Teletubby is faced with a mission. A mission to bomb every single Muppet on the face of the planet. With the help of Barney, Sora, Cloud, Regis, Mr. T, Chuckie Finster, and Batman, he must bomb them all in 5 minutes. Will he survive the ultimate struggle for good and evil? Will he survive Volcano about to erupt in Hawaii? Who knows. All the main villains, such as Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, The Rock, and sephirothdude89_masamune38476483, are going to put up a fight!

Decessus
10-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Copywrite and Copywrite must Copywrite to Copywrite. Copywrite, Copywrite, and Copywrite must obtain the Copywrite. Will Copywrite, Copywrite, and Copywrite be able to Copywrite or will they Copywrite?

SuperMillionaire
10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
STOP MAKING JOKES!!!!!

I plan to incorporate actual facts into this story. And it's not like it's gonna be put into actual media. It's just something I wrote for myself and some people at school that I'd like to share with you guys. I'm not submitting this to the actual companies to make an actual video game out of this story.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-03-2006, 08:41 PM
this is general chat...put it somewhere else if you want more seriousness or something

Roto13
10-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Remember that guy who thought he was a ninja? He was awesome.

Sylvie
10-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah. He looked down upon us pathetic humans.

And if you wanted seriousness, theres a Writers Corner.

Sylvie
10-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I want Mr. Hooper in this story.

nik0tine
10-03-2006, 11:59 PM
I like how you guys think he's serious.

Personally, I won't be happy without a Mexican in Indonesia.

Moon Rabbits
10-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Very good, but my story is way better.

Po, the red Teletubby is faced with a mission. A mission to bomb every single Muppet on the face of the planet. With the help of Barney, Sora, Cloud, Regis, Mr. T, Chuckie Finster, and Batman, he must bomb them all in 5 minutes. Will he survive the ultimate struggle for good and evil? Will he survive Volcano about to erupt in Hawaii? Who knows. All the main villains, such as Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, The Rock, and sephirothdude89_masamune38476483, are going to put up a fight!

You forgot Missy Elliott, but I can let it slide for that Rugrats reference.

Roto13
10-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Miss Cleo can use her mind powers to create a giant psychic barrier.

Quindiana Jones
10-04-2006, 06:57 PM
BEST. THREAD. EVER.

SuperMillionaire
10-05-2006, 04:13 PM
The tsunami story is up. Tell me how you like it.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=94164

Roto13
10-05-2006, 05:16 PM
I think that story is a much bigger mess than anything a tsunami could have made.

Christmas
10-05-2006, 05:34 PM
I wish my story (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92440) is as good as yours. :(

Ouch!
10-05-2006, 05:41 PM
I really want to believe that this is all one big joke. I really, really do. Based on your other posts, SuperMillionaire, I cannot help but think that you're completely serious about this whole thing.

This saddens me greatly.

Renmiri
10-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Lighten up people! Fiction is Fiction, no need to follow any rules except one: tell a good story.

You are surely mixing a lot of different fictional universes and it will be hard to get any purist to like the mix. But if you and your friends like it, who cares ?

I had a tidbit you may like about Idonesia and the Tsunami

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2005/01/16/stories/2005011601321600.htm

For Tamils, "the ocean takes on a life of its own," as a villain, mercilessly land-grabbing, with a vengeance.

"O Indian Ocean! Where did you conceal our Tamil Nadu, our ripe old land? Why did you plunder the 49 Tamil territories thousands of years ago," wails a 1945 quote of A.M. Paramasivanandam.

"The battle lines are clearly drawn in the Tamil country where labours of loss are also labours of grief, in which the ocean is the principal enemy of the Tamil people and of their drowned ancestral homeland," declares Sumathi.

When tsunami appears transliterated and not translated in the vernacular press, one wonders if there's no word for it in Tamil.

Would katalkôl meaning `seizure by the sea' be apt? "All of Tamil devotion's ocean fears and fantasies turn around this word," observes the author.

It may sound creepy, but she cites K.P. Aravaanan's suggestion that Tamizh has amizh meaning `to submerge'.

"In his reckoning, Tamilians are those people who survived submergence by the sea: they were named as such by their ancestors so that they might remember this original catastrophe."

Perhaps that explains to Sumathi why the typical Tamil "lives a life of loss, forever in exile from an imagined state of plenitude and perfection, of which he can only dream but never ever attain."

SuperMillionaire
10-06-2006, 12:52 AM
I like to mix reality with fantasy sometimes. This story WILL NOT be submitted to the video game and comic companies; it's just something for me that I would like to share.

Roto13
10-06-2006, 01:03 AM
I like to mix reality with fantasy sometimes.

Sometimes several realities and fantasies.

Moon Rabbits
10-06-2006, 01:33 AM
I think that story is a much bigger mess than anything a tsunami could have made.

Best reply ever.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-06-2006, 03:38 PM
seriously, this thread deserves an award

Levian
10-06-2006, 04:28 PM
You guys are mean.

Keep on working with your story. It's a bit out there, but nothing hard work can't fix.

Roto13
10-06-2006, 05:29 PM
You guys are mean.

Keep on working with your story. It's a bit out there, but nothing hard work fire can't fix purge from this world.

Christmas
10-06-2006, 05:43 PM
It is a good story for those that like crossovers of their favourite video games/cartoon characters though.

SuperMillionaire
10-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Thanks to all of you who support me. I will work on the story.

Nominus Experse
10-07-2006, 09:21 AM
While I find it difficult to read and subsequently enjoy your story, I am glad that you are writing. The only method of improvement is to practice, and it's generally thought that writing is a bore and a waste, and when people are completely tearing you apart for their own humour repeatedly... I myself am finding it bothersome.

It was cute and funny for a bit you guys, but let him write, if even it does not make sense and the ideas seem ludicrous and absurd.

I do not like it, and I cannot possibly make much sense of it, but the only way that you will be able to improve is to write more. So write more, but do realize that it needs massive improvement.

Nothing perseverance, acceptance of valid critques, numerous if not countless revisions, and time cannot fix.

I once wrote terrible stories, but am now told, from peers, newpapers, and teachers, that I am a talented writer. I had to start from somewhere, much like you.

I say stick with it, but realize that things have to be continually changed and expect a lot of frustration and pain before you have a working story.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Some of you are way out of line in this thread. We do NOT allow the mocking of other members, and I suggest it stop IMMEDIATELY.

fire_of_avalon
10-07-2006, 03:36 PM
SuperMillionaire has the information he needs now, and the rest of y'all are acting like asses. I'm going to go ahead and close this, to partly to spare SuperMillionaire's feelings from you jerks, and partly so you jerks can stop having fun at the expense of another person.

Really I feel like there are several of you in this thread who deserve warnings, especially those of you who have made reputations on abusing other members.

And as far as his ideas about superhero crossovers into real life disasters go, it isn't that farfetched. Marvel and DC Comics both did 9/11 themed comics in late 2001 and early 2002.

I'm linking this thread to the staff forum, and from there I hope we decide how to deal with some of you.